PDA

View Full Version : Updates on the new Caran D'ache Inks

DrChumley
July 25th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Hey all,

So, I recently bought out the entire remaining stock of Caran D'ache Colors of the Earth inks at my local stationers. (Even got a couple of duplicate bottles of Sky Blue, Night Sky, and Grand Canyon!). I'm so new to FPs that I've not had a lot of experience with a lot of inks, but I really enjoy these inks thus far.

Has there been any new word on if/when Caran D'ache's new inks (in those funky slanted bottles) will be coming out? I've done the whole Google thing, and haven't found anything conclusive. I figured there may be some inside knowledge here, so I thought I'd ask.

snedwos
July 25th, 2013, 01:21 PM
I've seen them in a shop in Spain, dunno about an American release. The bottles look really cool.

cwent2
July 25th, 2013, 02:44 PM
From the Goulet Pen company

Update 5/8/13: We've been told from Caran d'Ache that these new inks have been "delayed indefinitely". Basically, Caran d'Ache doesn't have any ink right now. We'll update if this changes!

When I originally posted this it was rumored the ink would be $40 a bottle, and I've since gotten confirmation (on 3/5/13) that it will in fact be $40 per bottle list price.

Stock Status: (Out of Stock)
Availability: Release has been delayed; ETA is unknown.
Product Code: CDA8011-099

FROM GOULET PEN COMPANY

DrChumley
July 25th, 2013, 03:52 PM
From the Goulet Pen company

Update 5/8/13: We've been told from Caran d'Ache that these new inks have been "delayed indefinitely". Basically, Caran d'Ache doesn't have any ink right now. We'll update if this changes!

When I originally posted this it was rumored the ink would be $40 a bottle, and I've since gotten confirmation (on 3/5/13) that it will in fact be $40 per bottle list price.

Stock Status: (Out of Stock)
Availability: Release has been delayed; ETA is unknown.
Product Code: CDA8011-099

FROM GOULET PEN COMPANY

Yes, I had seen that, but it was from May. And I've started seeing new photos of displays of the "new" inks floating around in various locations. So I was just wondering if there was something new out there that Goulet hadn't mentioned on the blog yet.

Thanks!

Margana
July 31st, 2013, 01:54 PM
I couldn't resist putting up a poll (http://inkophile.wordpress.com/2013/07/30/gobsmacked-by-the-cost-of-this-ink-poll/) about the price. It's been active less than a day but the vast majority, around 95%, won't pay $40. Maybe there finally is a limit to what folks will pay for ink.

AndyT
July 31st, 2013, 04:53 PM
£26.95 here. Caran d'Ache ink is now the most exorbitantly priced I can find in the UK, and the competition is stiff. Nice bottle though.

mhphoto
August 25th, 2013, 03:02 PM
I don't think Iro inks are worth $28 a bottle. There's no way I'm paying $40, especially when they took away from me my favorite pinkish-red, CdA Sunset. à²*_à²*