PDA

View Full Version : Hi from South Central PA

Autopoint
May 5th, 2021, 05:50 PM
My primary interest is mechanical pencils, focusing particularly on Autopoint, Realite and Realpoint (all products of the same pencil company). I've been collecting since about 1975. But as I browsed the antiques and collectibles markets in "the Antiques Capital of the World" (self-anointed by that small area nearby) here in South Central PA, I also picked up many fountain pens as a way to pay for my gas and time in collecting pencils. I have a pretty nice hoard of Esterbrooks, since they were made nearby in New Jersey and thus are very common here.

mizgeorge
May 5th, 2021, 06:02 PM
Hello and welcome :)

That's a long time - you must have quite a collection! We love to see pictures (hint, hint).

Autopoint
May 6th, 2021, 04:54 AM
Here's the short answer to "pics". 1)Most of the important items in my pencil collection are included in Jonathan Veley's excellent hardback book "A Century of Autopoint". For obvious reasons, I won't "parade" my Autopoint/Realite/Realpoint items until Jon sells most of his stock of those books. 2)I'm starting to de-accession my Esterbrook items (about 250 or so), starting with a large lot of 34 of the late model Esterbrook fountain pens - the J, LJ and SJ models. Hopefully posting that picture won't get me in trouble.60638
- - - Jim

FredRydr
May 6th, 2021, 05:42 AM
...the antiques and collectibles markets in "the Antiques Capital of the World" (self-anointed by that small area nearby) here in South Central PA....
It's gettin' crowded!

Yazeh
May 6th, 2021, 06:01 AM
:welcome: and what a lovely collection :thumb:

CrayonAngelss
May 6th, 2021, 06:39 AM
Hey from Lancaster!

Wahl
May 8th, 2021, 04:56 PM
:welcome:

Bisquitlips
May 9th, 2021, 08:41 PM
Welcome from Missouri!

Malcolm
May 10th, 2021, 02:12 AM

Nice collection. :thumb:

Chrissy
May 10th, 2021, 02:54 AM
Hello and welcome. :) You have a wonderful and enviable collection of Esterbrooks there. :)

Autopoint
May 11th, 2021, 04:05 AM
Thanks all for the warm welcome to this site!

When I mentioned that "I have a pretty nice hoard of Esterbrooks, since they were made nearby in New Jersey and thus are very common here", I didn't mean to imply that they comprise a "collection". Actually, I'm putting together a group of at least 150 Esterbrook items for sale, and the picture I provided is just the tip of the iceberg!
- - - Jim