PDA

View Full Version : Metall pen which takes #6 jowo

Hellbent
May 17th, 2021, 03:36 AM
Hi,

I'm looking for a pen made out of metall which takes #6 jowo nibs. So far I have found the gravitas and the kasama. Any other options out there?

Thanks and have a great day
/Rikard

usk15
May 17th, 2021, 04:25 AM
Jinhao X750
Inoxcrom Wall Street

KrazyIvan
May 17th, 2021, 08:58 AM
I have a Namisu Orion that uses a #6 Bock nib. If you are willing to swap just the nib and not the whole nib unit, they are interchangeable. At least that opens up some possibilities if you are willing to go there.

kulnet
May 17th, 2021, 09:00 AM
schon dsgn pocket six fountain pens are made from aluminum and take #6 jowo nibs. I have one and love it.

mizgeorge
May 17th, 2021, 09:08 AM
schon dsgn pocket six fountain pens are made from aluminum and take #6 jowo nibs. I have one and love it.

Ditto - can't recommend highly enough :)

Hellbent
May 19th, 2021, 07:01 AM
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I have been eyeing the pens from schon dsgn for a while. They look gorgeous but they don't seem to take a converter it seems.

mizgeorge
May 19th, 2021, 07:37 AM
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I have been eyeing the pens from schon dsgn for a while. They look gorgeous but they don't seem to take a converter it seems.

Not a conventional one, but a Kaweco squeeze converter fits just fine, and takes enough ink to be perfectly functional. I tend to have a backup cartridge stashed somewhere just in case - I've never had to use one yet, but it's something to do with all those carts that seem to be included with pens.

I don't normally get on with metal pens, but I really like mine:60880
(picture from Schon Dsgn)

david-p
August 25th, 2021, 02:25 AM
The Gravitas Entry pen is excellent and fits your criteria.

David

Hellbent
October 12th, 2021, 03:42 AM
Gravitas do look like a great option. Any ideas on how well the nib part is sealed? I have had problems with nibs drying out while using permanent ink in some pens.

Any opinions about loftpens? The sell copper and brass pens.