PDA

View Full Version : Hello form NJ

manzana_fan
May 20th, 2021, 08:14 AM
Thanks for allowing me into the group! Excited to learn from all of you folks.
Just came back to the hobby a couple of years ago and slowly learning a lot about FPens and the many inks.

mizgeorge
May 20th, 2021, 08:51 AM
Hello and welcome :)

Wile E Coyote
May 20th, 2021, 09:03 AM
Welcome. Do you have pork roll or taylor ham for breakfast?

guyy
May 20th, 2021, 12:57 PM
Greetings from across the waters

jar
May 20th, 2021, 01:05 PM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

Wahl
May 20th, 2021, 04:23 PM
:welcome:

Yazeh
May 20th, 2021, 04:55 PM

R.A. Stewart
May 20th, 2021, 09:19 PM
Welcome!

welch
May 21st, 2021, 04:15 PM
Greetings from NYC. If you live near "the City", there is a Big Apple Pen Club which meets roughly the second Thursday of each month. Since the Pandemic, it has met on-line, and notices go out to the members list. You can add yourself to the list by emailing Tim Ettenheim, at bapcemail@gmail.com. The best meetings, of course, are in-person, but that wont happen until Bard College reopens its NYC residence hall, near Columbus Circle.

I don't know of a pen club in Jersey or Philadelphia. Of course, pen clubbing has slowed a lot since March of 2020.

Wile E Coyote
May 21st, 2021, 04:34 PM
Greetings from NYC. If you live near "the City", there is a Big Apple Pen Club which meets roughly the second Thursday of each month. Since the Pandemic, it has met on-line, and notices go out to the members list. You can add yourself to the list by emailing Tim Ettenheim, at bapcemail@gmail.com. The best meetings, of course, are in-person, but that wont happen until Bard College reopens its NYC residence hall, near Columbus Circle.

I don't know of a pen club in Jersey or Philadelphia. Of course, pen clubbing has slowed a lot since March of 2020.

There is the Philadelphia Pen Collectors (https://philadelphiapens.com/). Contact info on site.

There is also Central Penn Pens out in Harrisburg. You can try Fred Ryder to see what's up with them.

There was a NJ group that in its last iteration was informally associated with Goldspot Pens and met in various venues around Monmouth County NJ. You could try the contact us on their page to see if they're still active.

Welch is correct about the slowing and BAPC. IMO the best meeting at BAPC was always the summer BBQ in the beforetimes. But all their meetings were worth the trip from Joisey. Great group of folks and always interesting pens.

Malcolm
May 22nd, 2021, 02:15 AM

Chrissy
May 22nd, 2021, 07:12 AM
Hello and welcome :)

whorne
May 22nd, 2021, 07:49 AM
Welcome! I am new here as well and can tell you that this group is a very supportive one! You will enjoy.

Bisquitlips
June 5th, 2021, 02:22 AM

Glad to have you with us!