PDA

View Full Version : Akkerman sample group buy

Fionafish
July 26th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Hello pen and ink lovers.

I am new to the site here, but have been a member at FPN for a while, there I have set up this ink buy and wondered if some people from here would like to join me.

I have been wanting to try the Akkerman inks, but have been put off by not knowing which one to choose, the bottle size if I get it wrong and the postage cost. So I have come up with a cunning plan if some people will join me.

I would buy 30 bottles, to keep cost of postage as reasonable as is possible. http://www.vulpennen...AkkInkt000.html

When the bottles arrive I will split the bottles into 30 5ml samples and then I will send everyone one sample of each colour plus one empty super cool looking bottle.

Rough costs will be:

bottle of ink £14.27
postage from Netherlands £1
syringe and vials for ink split £7
packing and postage from me to you £5

So I am asking people to assume a cost of £30 before commiting to allow for some leeway.

To join please send me a PM with your email address. Due to the financial risk I will post the name of anyone inconsiderate enough to say they will take part who then does not send payment when requested.

I must reiterate, to join send me a PM asking to join, but only if you are going to be committed to paying your share.

Kind Regards

Fiona

Fionafish
July 26th, 2013, 03:30 PM
As someone has asked, and I forgot to say, idealy people will pay with bank trancefer or check, but other solutions can be arranged.

Fiona

jacksterp
July 26th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Just out of curiosity, not committing or anything, is the U.S. included in the invite?

Fionafish
July 26th, 2013, 04:13 PM
I can ship to USA, but the cost for you would be $63.50 to deal with the extra postage.

You can ask anything without being commited. I will not think people asking me questions are signing up unless they ask to join. Please don't be scared of me. :hippie:

Fiona

fncll
July 26th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Has it ever been confirmed that the Akkerman inks aren't re-branded Diamine inks? I know there was an official statement at some point that they weren't Private Reserve, but the Diamine question lingers (or did)?

Laura N
July 26th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Has it ever been confirmed that the Akkerman inks aren't re-branded Diamine inks? I know there was an official statement at some point that they weren't Private Reserve, but the Diamine question lingers (or did)?

I don't know if it's confirmed or not, but all of the Akkerman inks I've used are indeed production Diamine inks. The Akkerman bottle, however, is pretty impressive, albeit huge.

Tony Rex
July 26th, 2013, 10:45 PM
My wallet is kowtowing Laura.

Fionafish
July 27th, 2013, 01:57 AM
There do seem to be a few inks that people have managed to match up, but not all of them. With the sample pack we can play snap :)

Fiona

Fionafish
July 28th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Good evening all,

Just to let you know there are only 9 spaces remaining now.

Fiona

snedwos
July 30th, 2013, 07:04 PM
This is an awesome idea, which I would definitely have been in on, if timing wasn't completely off for me...

Fionafish
July 30th, 2013, 10:20 PM
Good Morning,

These things happen, sorry to miss you this time.

Fiona

jbb
July 31st, 2013, 02:32 PM
I hope you get enough people Fiona!

Fionafish
August 2nd, 2013, 02:14 AM
Only 5 slots remaining if people would like to join!

Fiona