PDA

View Full Version : OK........Shoot Me, Bought Another TWSBI

wingwiper
May 25th, 2021, 06:08 PM
So I remember saying to someone here or on FB I wouldn't basically waste $ buying the new Iris 700R when it came out in production the first time. So what do I do this time it became available? Yup...........I'm a hypopcrite and bought one:redface:

I can at least say I "did get one with a twist"---bought one from Pendlton Brown........https://www.pendletonspens.com........... with a nifty nib:dance3:

I'm always a sucker for a modded nib. Think I have abt a 1/2 dozen of his pens, all with different nibs, grinds, etc. I opted for a fine vs a med or broad (which I already have, etc.) so I can use for my Journaling, general writing (which is a lot:crazy:) and was not disappointed. Still his BLS w/Falcon Flex........., but a tad more crisp on the italic side:bounce:

It is actually a beautiful pen, I already have 2 700's (old style), but this thing I have to admit is really cool aesthetically and the nib..............wow! Very smooth with a tad of feedback and you know............abt a semi-flex, but the tines really spring back into place after pushing it:clap2:

What the heck is up with us? Just can't stop...................gotta-gotta-gotta:help: You know the drill:alcoholic:

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/972a96_4088a239356f4ee79963c456fc1e169f~mv2.jpg/v1/fill/w_432,h_247,al_c,lg_1,q_80/972a96_4088a239356f4ee79963c456fc1e169f~mv2.webp https://i.imgur.com/BvLsd5U.jpg

whorne
May 26th, 2021, 07:12 AM
This looks like a neat modded pen! So you are ok with using this as an everyday writer?

Igraine
May 26th, 2021, 08:57 AM
My 14 year old niece borrowed one of my Pilot Kakunos to write a letter, and she loves it, so I was thinking about getting her a nicer one. She would love this pen!

whorne
May 26th, 2021, 10:00 AM
My 14 year old niece borrowed one of my Pilot Kakunos to write a letter, and she loves it, so I was thinking about getting her a nicer one. She would love this pen!

It is a beautiful looking pen!

wingwiper
May 26th, 2021, 11:15 AM
This looks like a neat modded pen! So you are ok with using this as an everyday writer?

Absolutely...................with regrinding to his BLS it goes from a "fine to more of a fine-medium," but absolutely great for everyday writing. I am fond of his grinds as this is my 4th BLS FP from him- each a little different as you can request more stubbish or italic to go along with your choice of fine, medium or broad. His "Bad Boy" with angel wings has quite a bit of flex (a little more than semi-flex) for a steel nib and the tines always snap back for me:fans:

Of course there are a few other nibmeisters out there who do good work and recommend, but his BLS being a hybrid between a stub-italic is pretty cool. Depending on writing angle you can get get more or less line variation as well.

whorne
May 26th, 2021, 04:44 PM

Absolutely...................with regrinding to his BLS it goes from a "fine to more of a fine-medium," but absolutely great for everyday writing. I am fond of his grinds as this is my 4th BLS FP from him- each a little different as you can request more stubbish or italic to go along with your choice of fine, medium or broad. His "Bad Boy" with angel wings has quite a bit of flex (a little more than semi-flex) for a steel nib and the tines always snap back for me:fans:

Of course there are a few other nibmeisters out there who do good work and recommend, but his BLS being a hybrid between a stub-italic is pretty cool. Depending on writing angle you can get get more or less line variation as well.

Thanks for the info! I will have to give this a look. Are all four of your pens modded with his BLS and flex point and fine nib?

wingwiper
May 26th, 2021, 07:56 PM

Thanks for the info! I will have to give this a look. Are all four of your pens modded with his BLS and flex point and fine nib?

No.....this is my first fine, I have 1 medium and 2 broads. I wanted something a little thinner to write smaller, however the medium will actually do.

There was more line variation then I would have thought for a fine, so am real happy🥸.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TFarnon
May 27th, 2021, 03:37 AM
TWSBIs aren't my thing, but I can totally relate to buying every version of a pen brand you love. I haven't gotten to the point of having every version of a pen brand, but it's within the realm of possibility :) Enjoy!

whorne
May 27th, 2021, 07:32 AM

No.....this is my first fine, I have 1 medium and 2 broads. I wanted something a little thinner to write smaller, however the medium will actually do.

There was more line variation then I would have thought for a fine, so am real happy🥸.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see! So, if I were to try for one of the modded pens for the first time, would you recommend a med with the flex? I am kind of leaning this way. Thanks for your help.

Kaputnik
May 27th, 2021, 10:54 AM
Just for the record, I have never shot anyone over their choice of pen. I deny those rumors completely.

wingwiper
May 27th, 2021, 11:25 AM
Just for the record, I have never shot anyone over their choice of pen. I deny those rumors completely.

baahaa.............your too funny:noidea:

https://bemorepanda.com/files/2020-11-09/images/440433.jpg