PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Madrid

Hernan Cortes
June 18th, 2021, 02:16 PM
Hello all.
I have been writting for years with my Parker fountain pen and I was recently trying to find out what model it is, however, there are dozens of Parker fountain pens and I can´t find out exactly which model mine is. I have attached a couple of photos and I was hoping you could help me out finding out which model it is. What do you guys think? By the way, I´m very glad this forum exists so fountain pen enthusiasts can talk. 61428614296143061431

Thank you,
HC.

jar
June 18th, 2021, 06:13 PM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. Nice pen.

Chrissy
June 19th, 2021, 02:05 AM
Hello and welcome. :)

guyy
June 19th, 2021, 10:24 AM
Hello from New York City.

I’m not an expert on modern Parkers. I go as far as the 180 & 50 and i like my 75s. After that, i’m in the dark.

Wahl
June 19th, 2021, 11:55 AM
Bienvenido ! :welcome:

I am even worse than guyy, the P51 is my youngest Parker pen :noidea:

Yazeh
June 19th, 2021, 12:54 PM
:welcome:
Post your pictures in the pen forum if you don't get any answer here (https://fpgeeks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/33-Pens-in-General)

Hernan Cortes
June 20th, 2021, 03:39 PM
Thank you for all your responses, I think its a Frontier Parker FP. God bless.

Malcolm
June 21st, 2021, 05:06 AM
Hello, Hernan. :welcome:

I think that the Parker Frontier's nib is a different shape to the one you have. Could it be a Parker 15 GT?

https://pencollect.co.uk/parker15.htm

Hernan Cortes
June 23rd, 2021, 02:14 PM
Hello Malcolm.
I think you are absolutely right. After researching for a while, I see that this model is not manufactured anymore?
Parker no longer posts the Parker 15 GT in their webshop (not even as Parker Jotter Fountain Pens)

www.parkershop.eu/cat39-fountain-pens-parker-jotter.html?page=&order=cena&asc=1

Cheers,
HC.

Malcolm
June 24th, 2021, 02:56 AM
Hello Malcolm.
I think you are absolutely right. After researching for a while, I see that this model is not manufactured anymore?
Parker no longer posts the Parker 15 GT in their webshop (not even as Parker Jotter Fountain Pens)

www.parkershop.eu/cat39-fountain-pens-parker-jotter.html?page=&order=cena&asc=1

Cheers,
HC.

Hi HC. Correct, your model is no longer available. If you take a look at your pen cap, there is a letter "N" after "MADE IN UK" , this relates to the year of manufacture.

Here's a link to a date guide...

https://parkerpens.net/codekey.html

All the best,
Malcolm

Hernan Cortes
June 24th, 2021, 10:56 AM
Hi Malcolm. Thank you, that is fascinating, turns out my model is from 1999 since there is an "N". Since its no longer being manufactured I think Im gonna keep that FP in my safebox and Im gonna purchase a new one. Any tips on how to keep FPs for the long term? As in how to take care of them. Should I clean it before putting it in the safe?

Thanks.
Hernan.

Malcolm
June 26th, 2021, 01:10 AM
I would empty or remove the cartridge / converter. Then, make sure that any ink is thoroughly flushed out of the feed and nib, and that the pen is completely dry.

Bisquitlips
July 3rd, 2021, 02:27 AM
:welcome: From Missouri.

Glad to have you with us!