PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles Pen Show!

eriquito
January 14th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Hello All!

The Los Angeles International Pen Show is just around the corner. It will run February 16 to 19, 2012. Next month already!

Who's going? I'll be there. Anyone else?

For those of you not able to attend, what would you like Fountain Pen Geeks to do to make you feel as if you were there? I imagine we can snap photos with our cell phones and post them via Twitter. I'm also hoping that we can grab some sound bytes from big name fountain pen community types as well as other attendees - and hopefully post them at the blog in some fashion.

Any other ideas and/or suggestions? This could be fun!

=) Eric
Son of Ragnar

bgray
January 15th, 2012, 06:31 AM
We'll be there!

eriquito
January 15th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Maybe we can plan a field trip sometime over the show dates. Like to the nearest Montblanc Boutique?

=)

Tracy Lee
January 15th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Do post some good stuff for those of us 3000 miles away! :)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

bgray
January 15th, 2012, 05:52 PM
I always take a lot of photos of the pen shows. I'll copy the galleries to this forum.

Here's LA from last year.

http://edisonpenco.smugmug.com/Other/LA-Pen-Show/15899147_5jNR4B#!i=1192273504&k=YDeAJ

Tracy Lee
January 15th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the link! I went to the Miami Pen Show two years ago and had fun. Bought a Jupiter from Classic Pens, sort of commentary on my career with NASA and it is numbered 42. If you know anything about the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, you will understand why it was the perfect pen. :)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

manoeuver
January 16th, 2012, 03:31 PM
photos of course. ermmmmmmmm...

Jon Szanto
January 29th, 2014, 08:09 PM
I'm going to try to take more pics than I have in the last 2 years, but we'll see. I tend to focus on the people involved, because I really value that, but I'll consider shooting some pens, too. Starting to get excited now...

AltecGreen
January 30th, 2014, 01:07 PM
I'll do my usual photo essay of the show. You can find some of the past years on FPN.

We will have our usual gathering of the SF Pen Posse and the LA Legion. Joi and I discussed this already and we'll likely keep it the same as last year. Everyone is welcome. I'll try to post some details here soon.

PeppWaves03
January 30th, 2014, 07:57 PM
Maybe a special fpg webcast? Man how long has it been?

cwent2
January 30th, 2014, 08:06 PM

+100 on that - great suggestion!

"Please"?

PeppWaves03
January 30th, 2014, 08:09 PM

+100 on that - great suggestion!

"Please"?

Can we somehow start a stampede? #fpgpodcast

Jon Szanto
January 30th, 2014, 08:11 PM
Can we somehow start a stampede? #fpgpodcast

Better than that, why don't you start taking up donations to defray costs, etc?

PeppWaves03
January 30th, 2014, 08:58 PM
I'm in.

Sandy Fry
January 31st, 2014, 11:16 PM
Looking forward to the show!

It is a couple weeks after my 50th birthday so I am hoping to buy a Delta Dolce Vita and hopefully a Visconti Opera Crystal. Might change my mind at the show though if something else catches my eye.

David

david i
February 2nd, 2014, 07:30 AM
I'll be there with a couple hundred restored vintage pens for sale, most actually fresh stock not yet on the Vacumania website, but likely to head there in a couple weeks.

Also, I remain interested to buy collections there, as I've managed to do on my last couple visits.

regards

david

dr.grace
February 2nd, 2014, 09:46 AM
I'd love to be able to go, but I'm up to my ears in work, with a big deadline approaching.

terim
February 8th, 2014, 08:50 AM
I'll be going but not selling this time, looking to buy collections and parts. If anyone would like us to bring a pen to look at or try, just let me know. I've got a boatload of "new" Dukes and a new Ranga Soquel model with a clip that we have just prototyped.

Teri

kimberly
February 12th, 2014, 10:00 PM
I'm going! I'll have my Montblanc pens with me trying to sell them. I'm thinking of wearing a sign around my neck!

Finalist
February 13th, 2014, 12:00 AM
Lots of photos and videos!

Maybe start a thread that is all pics of the show? Close-ups of anything and everything.

Mags
February 13th, 2014, 03:59 AM
Wishing you all a great few days. Yes please post pictures and share some highlights from the show. Let us know what deals there are under $300 and any inky deals you see.