PDA

View Full Version : Pelikan nib changes?

tandaina
July 28th, 2013, 07:51 AM
So I was reading another forum and stumbled on a really disturbing thread which seemed to say that Pelikan is discontinuing all nibs but F, M, B! No more BB or BBB, no more obliques.

A couple of British suppliers were sites as the source of this information. Please tell me this isn't true. I use almost exclusively obliques and Pelikan is the ONE FP company that had that as an option straight out of the box. Some of Pelikans best err nibs have been obliques.

If true this feels like a real blow to Fountain Pens. F, M, B are just plain boring and scream of giving in to the ball point crowd. :/ Considering horsing nibs.

tandaina
July 28th, 2013, 07:52 AM
My phone hates me. Hoarding, not horsing!

Tracy Lee
July 28th, 2013, 08:06 AM
And here I thought it was a whole new thing I needed to learn! :-)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

AtomicLeo
July 28th, 2013, 09:09 AM
This is terrible news! The OB is the only Pelikan steel nib out of the box that works for me.

jacksterp
July 28th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Tandaina - stop hoarding around with us.

snedwos
July 28th, 2013, 11:59 AM
That would be criminal.

Edit -- the forum discussions about the subject seem to be a year old... Is this a source of hope?

tandaina
July 28th, 2013, 12:34 PM
I didn't notice the date, it was on the first page of Pelikan discussions. If they are that old then it seems pretty good news...

tandaina
July 28th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Went back and looked, the thread I'm referring to is dated YESTERDAY on the first post: here (http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/249706-pelikan-to-discontinue-bb-3b-and-all-oblique-nibs/)

tandaina
July 28th, 2013, 02:48 PM
For those interested, here is the thread on Pelikan's own forum. No idea if they actually read it or not, but can't hurt if oblique or extra broad nibs matter to you.

THREAD (http://www.penexchange.de/forum_en/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1385&p=5446#p5446)

Moxoftritonytes
July 30th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Well, if Pelikan does this then I have to regrind more nibs I think. They wont discontinue the double broad steel nibs because they are about to launch a new edition of their highlighter pen next year. So I`m getting myself half a dozen of these and turn them into stubs, italics and obliques to my liking. It would be a real shame if they discontinued these shapes in their gold nibs though.