PDA

View Full Version : Giraffes at Werribee Zoo Victoria

Bogon07
July 28th, 2013, 08:40 PM
You don't often see Giraffes sitting down so Mrs Bogon snapped a photo of this group.

Obligatory photo of cute fuzzy baby Zebra at the zoo.

jacksterp
July 28th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Love the giraffe picture!

Give my regards to the misses.

Tracy Lee
July 29th, 2013, 04:35 AM
Mrs B did great, those are great photos. If I was a giraffe I would sit down too. Can you imagine hauling all that around every day? Goodness. ;)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Bogon07
July 31st, 2013, 08:59 PM
The safari truck was close enough to the giraffes to see their food going up and down their necks.
We spent 15-20 minutes near them and the keeper pointed out when they stop chewing; they send the food down into one of their stomachs and retrieve another batch from another of their stomachs to help extract as much nutrients as they can from the vegetation they eat.
Over on the left of the photo behind them you can see a big pile of poo where they've added theirs to the white rhino's to try and hide their presence from lions....I'm not too sure about the lions not noticing a 20 foot tall giraffe walking around on the grassland.

Tony Rex
July 31st, 2013, 10:15 PM
Over on the left of the photo behind them you can see a big pile of poo where they've added theirs to the white rhino's to try and hide their presence from lions..

And the local yobbos..

fountainpenkid
August 1st, 2013, 11:52 AM
Great photos! The giraffes almost look like sculpture.

dr.grace
August 1st, 2013, 03:30 PM
I wonder: are there giraffe chiropractors?

Bogon07
August 2nd, 2013, 10:19 PM
Great photos! The giraffes almost look like sculpture.
Some look like bean-bags from behind.

It would be a big job doing giraffe chiropracting.