PDA

View Full Version : What model is my Waterman FPs?

Hernan Cortes
July 27th, 2021, 12:29 PM
Hello all.
I had my birthday recently and one of my uncles gave me two FPs he no longer uses. I believe the one on the left is an Ebleme collection Essential Matt Black FP GT and the FP on the right I believe it is and Essential Black FP GT (Expert collection. Do you think im correct? I upload photos so you can help me out.

Thank you,
HC.

Jon Szanto
July 27th, 2021, 12:36 PM
Don't know the models you mention, the one on the right looked to me like a Waterman Expert, but hard to tell. It is really important, when asking IDs of pens, to get good shots of the clips and closeup of the nib. Many times those are instrumental in identification.

Chrissy
July 27th, 2021, 12:48 PM
Right Expert and Left Hemisphere

Michael Lew
August 11th, 2021, 07:06 PM
The Expert is the original version of that model. Later versions (II and III) have a different looking nib without the coffin-shaped plastic bit where a breather hole usually is. I have that original Expert too, and it is both comfortable to hold and beautifully smooth to write with.

Chrissy
August 12th, 2021, 12:11 AM
I remember asking someone who knows a lot about Waterman pens, over on the other place, about the Expert V1 nib and was advised it was known for getting corrosion around that hole and that it needs more looking after than V2 and V3

Michael Lew
August 12th, 2021, 03:20 PM
No corrosion on mine. Should I append "yet"?

Chrissy
August 13th, 2021, 01:41 AM
No corrosion on mine. Should I append "yet"?
Not sure about that. :( I never bought one