PDA

View Full Version : Renewing our digital presence

Visconti Social
July 30th, 2013, 02:08 AM
Good day to you, italian fountain pen lovers.

We'd like to informa you all that Visconti just opened a Facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/ViscontiFirenze ) and an Official Blog ( http://www.visconti.it/en/blog/ ).
We'd like the FB page to be a place where people can directly interact with us the way they want (posting comments, asking questions, providing suggestions and all). Just "like" it (if you like it of course!) and join the community :)
On the blog we'll talk of different topics ranging from symbolism in pens to arts, events, people and so on. Of course you can interact with it as well.

Hoping this information will be useful to someone here, we wish you all the best.

Visconti Social Management

Bogon07
July 30th, 2013, 05:30 AM
VSM, thanks for the links.
Some interesting info such as an answer to Doc Brown's question on the Opera elements " It's not in production but we still have some (for each color) in stock (some shops still have them).
About the nib: the Opera Elements comes with a steel nib or a palladium nib. There might be available for sale, in shops, older models with 14kt gold nib."

Creating dreams from solid bars "The hypnotic acryloid patterns is obtained by mixing the acrylic resin with celluloid inceptions."
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=354095251359825&set=a.354095154693168.1073741839.343318362437514&type=1&theater

john
July 30th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Some interesting info such as an answer to Doc Brown's question on the Opera elements " It's not in production but we still have some (for each color) in stock (some shops still have them).
About the nib: the Opera Elements comes with a steel nib or a palladium nib. There might be available for sale, in shops, older models with 14kt gold nib."

Creating dreams from solid bars "The hypnotic acryloid patterns is obtained by mixing the acrylic resin with celluloid inceptions."
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=354095251359825&set=a.354095154693168.1073741839.343318362437514&type=1&theater

Cos we know the Elements are still available from some shops and sellers. But when I check the Visconti website, it indicated the Elements are with steel nibs only.

Visconti Social
July 30th, 2013, 08:34 AM

Cos we know the Elements are still available from some shops and sellers. But when I check the Visconti website, it indicated the Elements are with steel nibs only.

Thanks for your input.
When Opera Elements was released, its nib was steel or gold 14 kt (upon user's choice). We replaced gold nibs with palladium ones so the choice became between steel and PD.
It was a particularly successful model.

KrazyIvan
July 30th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Just throwing this out there but maybe you should consider opening an Instagram account also. You can link it to your Facebook account too. Delta just opened an Instagram account.

Visconti Social
July 30th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Hi KrazyIvan, thanks for your suggestion and your precious input.
We have just opened a Pinterest account (consider it's under construction with most of the content yet to be uploaded) and that can be reached here: http://pinterest.com/ViscontiFirenze/
Instagram is something we're considering as well :)

AtomicLeo
July 30th, 2013, 01:15 PM
I just bought an Opera Club Cherry Juice model. Can't wait to try it. Looking forward to following your company online.

Bogon07
July 30th, 2013, 07:13 PM
When Opera Elements was released, its nib was steel or gold 14 kt (upon user's choice). We replaced gold nibs with palladium ones so the choice became between steel and PD.
It was a particularly successful model.

The Wall Street line appears to have a similar variety of nibs available with various sellers offering 14k, 18k & palladium nibs

Fawkes
July 30th, 2013, 10:02 PM
I second Ivan's suggestion on Instagram, its a great way to reach large numbers of people. Pinterest is also a great site to share information as well. Companies like Levenger actually use it to launch contest for things such as ink, paper, etc. which, could be fun. I started following your Pinterest and Facebook pages (on Pinterest I'm Kevin R Keller). Look forward to the pins and blog posts.

Tracy Lee
July 31st, 2013, 05:05 AM
Good day to you, italian fountain pen lovers.

We'd like to informa you all that Visconti just opened a Facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/ViscontiFirenze ) and an Official Blog ( http://www.visconti.it/en/blog/ ).
We'd like the FB page to be a place where people can directly interact with us the way they want (posting comments, asking questions, providing suggestions and all). Just "like" it (if you like it of course!) and join the community :)
On the blog we'll talk of different topics ranging from symbolism in pens to arts, events, people and so on. Of course you can interact with it as well.

Hoping this information will be useful to someone here, we wish you all the best.

Visconti Social Management

I am over the moon to see you here, and will find you on Facebook, too. With the bulk of my collection being Visconti (30) I want to be able to keep up with more current information which can be hard to find. I don't do pinterest right now, but perhaps eventually. The customer service I have experienced for the repair and maintenance of your pens has been outstanding, even when the issue has been one created by me. So welcome, welcome (virtual hugs) it is GREAT to see you.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Visconti Social
July 31st, 2013, 07:55 AM
First of all, thanks for the warm welcome and for the feedback you're already giving us (we've got your contact, Kevin, thanks).

@Bogon07: Yes, for the Wall Street it's the same situation. We released it back in 2003, with 14kt and 18kt gold nibs (depending on the version). When palladium nibs were released, we replaced with them the gold ones (for both versions of the WS).

@Tracy Lee: Thanks for your words and for the satisfaction you show, your happiness with our pens is truly a great reward! Thanks for your warm welcome too, appreciating the virtual hugs :)

youstruckgold
August 2nd, 2013, 08:09 PM
Another vote here for instagram.

tandaina
August 2nd, 2013, 08:29 PM
Visconti Social who would I talk to about the new Limited Edition Ragtime I got last month? It is leaking ink around the section and bubbling!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Visconti Social
August 2nd, 2013, 09:42 PM
Thanks youstruckgold for your suggestion.

Tandaina, you should contact your seller/distributor, who will ship it to us so we can check it.
If you prefer, you can send it directly to Visconti. If you need more informations I can send you a message with the address.

john
August 5th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Hi, Visconti Social, I have an Elements Air which I bought a few months ago. Now the clip is loosen, should I send it directly to Visconti or any distributor. I'm from Hong Kong, and the pen is buying from US online shop. What can I do?
Thanks.

Visconti Social
August 6th, 2013, 04:50 AM
Hi, Visconti Social, I have an Elements Air which I bought a few months ago. Now the clip is loosen, should I send it directly to Visconti or any distributor. I'm from Hong Kong, and the pen is buying from US online shop. What can I do?
Thanks.

If the seller is unable to help on the matter, you can ship it to our HQ in Firenze where it'll be repaired.
Consider that Visconti will be closed till 1st of September though.