PDA

View Full Version : May I ask why the FPGeeks logo is very similar to the Rolex logo?

I like mango pudding
July 31st, 2013, 01:05 AM
FPG logo:

http://fpgeeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/FPG-New-Crown-Top-Site-Banner-with-Inked-Awesome.png

Rolex logo:

https://www.logomojo.com/sites/default/themes/custom/lm/images/Rolex-logo-design.jpg

I have a Rolex Datejust, and it's a bit of a conundrum seeing my favorite watches also associated with my fountain pens.

Has this ever been asked before????

fountainpenkid
July 31st, 2013, 07:11 AM
I've never understood why they did that either. I'm interested to read an answer!

writingrav
July 31st, 2013, 10:36 AM
The most obvious answer is that nobody was wealthy enough to be familiar with the Rolex logo. I wasn't.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Flounder
July 31st, 2013, 10:41 AM
What's not to understand? The Rolex logo is a crown, and the FPGeeks logo is clearly five aliens in a hot tub.

Tracy Lee
July 31st, 2013, 03:51 PM
What's not to understand? The Rolex logo is a crown, and the FPGeeks logo is clearly five aliens in a hot tub.

Even my husband who doesn't understand the pen thing laughed a big laugh on that one. I needed that, thank you. LOL, big time.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

tandaina
July 31st, 2013, 03:55 PM
I'm guessing no one knew that was the Rolex logo. I sure didn't, so it never occurred to me the FPGeeks logo was close to anything other than, you know, a crown. :P

david i
July 31st, 2013, 03:59 PM
I'm guessing no one knew that was the Rolex logo. I sure didn't, so it never occurred to me the FPGeeks logo was close to anything other than, you know, a crown. :P

Don't forget the Sheaffer crown, from the metal Imperials.

-d

Jon Szanto
July 31st, 2013, 04:28 PM
it was the first one that popped up?

Buntoro
July 31st, 2013, 07:19 PM

Now, that is just the baddest sickest response! ROFLOL!!! *Thanks!*

earthdawn
July 31st, 2013, 11:09 PM

Forget quote of the week... I think that earned the quote of the year award !!!!

Annie
July 31st, 2013, 11:53 PM

No look, you can't say things like that because it causes me to gaffaw so loudly that the kitten, who had been sleeping on the corner of the desk, gets freaked and knocks a half glass red over my keyboard.

[Note to self: red wine is excellent for cleaning keyboards...]

Bogon07
July 31st, 2013, 11:58 PM
[Note to self: red wine is excellent for cleaning keyboards...]
And it works better the more you drink.

Titivillus
August 1st, 2013, 08:28 AM
They are both crowns but are quite different crowns. Why not just change the balls at the tips of the points to nibs and make sure there is no confusion.