PDA

View Full Version : Ink other than LAMY

BK_Starkey
January 17th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Hi guys...new here today! so Hi!
Just wondering...the majority of my FPs are LAMY (inexpensive, good writers, and cheap enough where I won't be heartbroken if one is damaged.)
Has anyone tried other inks in theirs? and How much success have you had?
I've got two bottles of Noodlers I am just dying to put in one of two of them!

eriquito
January 17th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Oh, don't limit yourself to Lamy inks. I've got four Lamys on my desk even as I type, not a one is filled with Lamy ink.

Try the Noodlers that you have on hand. Send pictures =)

Eric
Son of Ragnar

manoeuver
January 18th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Welcome, and go for it. I won't tell anybody. I do like the shading I get with Lamy ink and a bold nib.

Bogon07
February 21st, 2012, 04:12 PM
All my Lamy Safaris or Al-Stars are filled with Noodler's inks except two with J. Herbin in Z24 converters.
I've never used the Lamy blue or black cartridges that came with the pens.

KrazyIvan
February 21st, 2012, 04:28 PM
Using Private Reserve and Noodler's in my Lamys.

Pinkys.Brain
February 21st, 2012, 07:57 PM
Using Waterman Havana, Florida Blue and Pelikan Highlighter ink in my Lamys. I prefer converters to cartridges, so there is no need to stick to Lamy ink.

John the Monkey
February 22nd, 2012, 03:48 AM
My Blue AL-Star is loaded with Diamine Majestic Blue at the moment - it's such a good match for the pen, I wonder that I didn't do this ages ago. Prior to that, it has written with Oxblood, and Evergreen. My EF Vista has Lamy blue, as it's reliable on all sorts of paper (and the Vista is my work pen, so paper quality cannot be guaranteed).

klpeabody
February 22nd, 2012, 07:44 PM
I don't think I have ever used LAMY ink in my LAMY pens. I'm of the same opinion as everyone else. Life's too short. Ink up that Noodler's. LOL.

I do use Diamine in my LAMY's a lot too. Actually, I just ink up my LAMYs with whatever suits my fancy in the moment. It's whatever. =)

Have fun with it! If you don't have a couple of converters on hand, definitely get a hold of a few. Makes it so much easier.