PDA

View Full Version : Another Bricks and Mortor Shop Is History

writingrav
August 2nd, 2013, 11:34 AM
I am informed by a reliable source that Art Brown's International Pen Shop will close after today. They will continue with an on-line presence, but the loss of a real shop with real, informed pen people is a great loss and a shock.

jde
August 2nd, 2013, 12:24 PM
Noooooooooo! I was gonna be in NYC soon, too. Always loved to shop there.

tenney
August 2nd, 2013, 12:29 PM
If he's going to continue an online presence, he's sure started off on the wrong foot --- his domain has reverted to GoDaddy (who owns it) and they're selling the domain to the high bidder. Unless he just forgot to pay their bill.

writingrav
August 2nd, 2013, 12:54 PM
If he's going to continue an online presence, he's sure started off on the wrong foot --- his domain has reverted to GoDaddy (who owns it) and they're selling the domain to the high bidder. Unless he just forgot to pay their bill.

I just saw that. Don't know what's going on, but I'm trying to find out.

AndyLa
August 2nd, 2013, 01:26 PM
Ugh. Damn. I was planning a visit soon

jde
August 2nd, 2013, 01:37 PM

Apparently they've changed their domain to:
http://www.nycpensandpencilsstationery.com/

earthdawn
August 2nd, 2013, 03:22 PM
Wow I am shocked to say the least.

But it looks like they still own the domain and have paid it up until 2021 lol

Registrar Expiration Date: 2021-07-28 23:00:00

Not sure why they would not just forward the address to the new one..

ardgedee
August 2nd, 2013, 04:35 PM
It's dead easy for a web business to lose all their regular customers because they changed their domain name without keeping the old one or setting up a proper forwarding configuration. Hopefully they're getting the handholding they need to make a proper transition, and it's simply taking more time than intended.

Tracy Lee
August 2nd, 2013, 05:37 PM
Terrible news. I have never visited, but I have sure ordered from them. Never like these stories.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

fountainpenkid
August 4th, 2013, 09:10 AM
I've never been either, but wanted to visit soon on a trip to NY. Very sad indeed.

gentlyom
August 7th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Alas!! I went there just in April when they had their pen fair. The people there are so knowledgeable and helpful. I will sure be missing this great store...

tenney
August 8th, 2013, 12:16 AM
earthdawn, their old domain is paid up by GoDaddy -- not Art Brown. However, it does make NO SENSE to give up a domain name, but it is GoDaddy...

AndyLa
August 9th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Has anyone tried to order from there or contact them about orders? I always wanted to try some of their Noodler's exclusives :/

earthdawn
August 9th, 2013, 05:40 PM
earthdawn, their old domain is paid up by GoDaddy -- not Art Brown. However, it does make NO SENSE to give up a domain name, but it is GoDaddy...

Hmmm... well I agree that males no sence at all !!!

Why on earth would they do that?

earthdawn
August 9th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Has anyone tried to order from there or contact them about orders? I always wanted to try some of their Noodler's exclusives :/

Im with you ... I contacted and have not heard back from Luxury Brands to see if it will continue to be made available.

blopplop
August 9th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Total bummer about Art Browns. I hate to see these places go belly up. :(