PDA

View Full Version : New: Diamine Inkvent Calendar 2021- Red Edition (First Look)

Chrissy
October 1st, 2021, 01:50 AM
Diamine has produced another limited edition Inkvent Calendar for 2021. This one is called the Red Edition. It’s in the form of an advent calendar for the Christmas period from 1st December up to Christmas day.

Each day you open the door to reveal a 12ml square plastic bottle of a standard, shimmer, sheen or shimmer & sheen ink.

In the smaller 12ml plastic bottles there are 13 Standard inks, 6 Shimmer inks, 3 Shimmer & Sheen inks and 2 Sheen inks.
Then for Christmas Day there is a 30ml plastic bottle of All the Best burgundy red shimmer and sheen ink.

All of the colours are brand new colours for this Inkvent calendar and they have festive names.

Here’s a mini review of each of the inks inside the calendar that were written in two notebooks using different pens.
The first notes were written with different pens all with M nibs in a Clairefontaine Papier Velouté notebook on 90gsm smooth white paper.
I used these abbreviations on my notes: S for Shimmer, St for Standard, Sh for Sheen and
S&S for Shimmer and Sheen.

The second notes were written using 4 different nibs: the original pens with M nibs plus additional Lamy steel F, B and 1.1mm nibs in a Seven Seas TR notebook on 52gsm smooth cream paper. These are in order of the days that you would open the calendar.

I didn’t find any of the inks particularly dry. They varied between slightly drier feeling to wet feeling.
They all started up straight away and flowed well with lubrication that varied between some feedback to very smooth with no feedback.

There was no significant difference in show through or bleed through with any of the inks on my papers. Although I could have written on the reverse of the pages I used I collated the images to be side by side and wrote only on the right hand pages.

Wonderland is a more "retina searing" orange than my scanner can pick up. Think fairly similar to Pumpkin.
Stargazer looks very different on the page as it has so many different colours/sheens to it. It resembles something similar to a gasoline on a smooth road surface effect.
Though Seize the Night is listed as a black standard ink I found it to be quite purplish with some sheen and not a traditionally black ink.

Standout inks for me personally were All the Best, Ruby Blues, Thunderbolt, Garland and Stargazer.

Shimmer colours are as follows:
Garland - Blue Shimmer
Tempest - Gold Shimmer
Winter Spice - Blue Shimmer
Storm - Combination of Gold & Silver Shimmer
Party Time - Blue Shimmer
Stargazer - Green Shimmer
Vintage Copper - Gold Shimmer
Subzero - Green Shimmer
Pink Ice - Red & Silver Shimmer
All The Best - Blue Shimmer

mizgeorge
October 1st, 2021, 10:40 AM
Goodness! What a lot of work - thank you so much Chris!

You've managed to make a lot of these look more attractive than I expected, so I'm back on the fence now (having decided I didn't think I wanted it!)

Chrissy
October 1st, 2021, 12:08 PM
Goodness! What a lot of work - thank you so much Chris!

You've managed to make a lot of these look more attractive than I expected, so I'm back on the fence now (having decided I didn't think I wanted it!)
You're welcome. :) I can't believe how accurately my new scanner makes them look and am pleased I bought it in time for all of these inks.
I have also written on Rhodia Dot Pad with them if anyone cares to see those results.

Yazeh
October 1st, 2021, 12:43 PM
Wow Chrissy, that's a lot of ink. Reviewing one ink can be quite demanding. Reviewing 25.... Chapeau!

DrPenfection
October 1st, 2021, 01:19 PM
Thank you, Chrissy, for this great overview. Wow! What a lot of work you put into this! Well done!

But, since I purchased the Inkvent Calendar (from the UK so that it is likely on its way to me) and I want to be surprised each day during December, I decided to just breeze over most of the review to just your written comments.

But I do appreciate your efforts!

Chrissy
October 1st, 2021, 02:22 PM
Thank you, Chrissy, for this great overview. Wow! What a lot of work you put into this! Well done!

But, since I purchased the Inkvent Calendar (from the UK so that it is likely on its way to me) and I want to be surprised each day during December, I decided to just breeze over most of the review to just your written comments.

But I do appreciate your efforts!
You're welcome. :) I actually did have some concerns about reviewing the inks in order in the TR notebook, because of the "spoiler effect", but then thought that it would be easy enough for anyone to just quickly pass over those and not look too hard at them. On the other hand if it was me I would have forgotten them by the time I started opening the doors. I suppose it's just as well I really don't mind not being able to save mine as a complete surprise and open the doors. :)

junglejim
October 1st, 2021, 03:23 PM
Now I know who likes to peek into their Christmas stocking on Christmas eve, LOL! Many thanks for the wonderful reviews.

Chrissy
October 1st, 2021, 11:43 PM
Wow Chrissy, that's a lot of ink. Reviewing one ink can be quite demanding. Reviewing 25.... Chapeau!

Now I know who likes to peek into their Christmas stocking on Christmas eve, LOL! Many thanks for the wonderful reviews.
Thanks and you're welcome. :) Fortunately I had plenty of time to write with them all, and needed it!

Sailor Kenshin
December 18th, 2021, 02:48 PM
Thanks, Chrissy! I like Red Robin a lot. But new ink is on my embargo list.

Chrissy
December 18th, 2021, 11:03 PM
Thanks, Chrissy! I like Red Robin a lot. But new ink is on my embargo list.
You're welcome :) New ink is also on my embargo list along with new pens. I know I need no more of either. :)

Sailor Kenshin
December 19th, 2021, 07:37 AM
Fixed my idiot typo. 😞

damfino
January 8th, 2022, 10:31 AM
FYI--for those *not* on a new ink embargo, I noticed that Pen Chalet has the Red Edition Inkvent on sale now. Although all the surprise is gone I guess!

TSherbs
January 8th, 2022, 12:28 PM
FYI--for those *not* on a new ink embargo, I noticed that Pen Chalet has the Red Edition Inkvent on sale now. Although all the surprise is gone I guess!

I considered it because I love most of the inks. But I really have no use or need for that volume of inks. So I'll wait and see what is released individually.

Chrissy
January 8th, 2022, 02:35 PM
I'm still not 100% sure which single bottle I would choose. :noidea:

TSherbs
January 8th, 2022, 02:50 PM
I'm still not 100% sure which single bottle I would choose. :noidea:

Fortunately, we don't have to choose yet....yet.... :)

Chrissy
January 8th, 2022, 03:03 PM
I definitely won't go for All The Best now I've seen Cult Pens Iridescink Tammy (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/36221-Ink-Review-New-Cult-Pens-Iridescink-Tammy-(Made-by-Diamine-Inks)).

TSherbs
January 9th, 2022, 06:48 AM
I definitely won't go for All The Best now I've seen Cult Pens Iridescink Tammy (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/36221-Ink-Review-New-Cult-Pens-Iridescink-Tammy-(Made-by-Diamine-Inks)).
Cuz you think you like the Tammy more?

Chrissy
January 9th, 2022, 07:16 AM
Cuz you think you like the Tammy more?
Yes. All the Best is a shimmer and sheen ink while Tammy is a sheen ink. I have pens that I only use for shimmer inks plus other pens that I use for non-shimmer inks..... :)

Chrissy
January 13th, 2022, 02:53 AM
Now I've tried both side by side I would definitely say I don't need to buy "All the Best" in a Red Edition 50ml bottle as I have Cult Pens Tammy. :)

Sailor Kenshin
January 13th, 2022, 10:55 AM
I wonder if the Red Edition bottles will be as cute as the Blue.

Chrissy
January 13th, 2022, 11:34 AM
I wonder if the Red Edition bottles will be as cute as the Blue.
I would place money on them being the same type of bottles :)

bellasm
March 15th, 2023, 04:54 AM
This new Diamine Inkvent Calendar 2021- Red Edition looks amazing! Be sure to check out 123calendars.com (https://www.123calendars.com/july-calendar.html) for more cool calendar options.