PDA

View Full Version : Deadly Montblanc

BlkWhiteFilmPix
October 7th, 2021, 06:27 AM
In the nonfiction book The Main Enemy: The Inside Story of the CIA's Final Showdown with the KGB (https://www.alibris.com/The-Main-Enemy-The-Inside-Story-of-the-CIAs-Final-Showdown-with-the-KGB-Milt-Bearden/book/7604046?matches=81), the authors relate the story of a Russian double agent who, while being arrested by the KGB, committed suicide in 1974 using a "modified Montblanc pen" his CIA handler had given him.

The pen had a cyanide capsule inside the barrel, and the double agent bit down on the barrel to access the poison.

A 144, or 146, perhaps?

FredRydr
October 7th, 2021, 07:01 AM
A Russian carrying a Montblanc in the USSR in those days? Seems an odd choice of pen by the CIA.

Chrissy
October 7th, 2021, 07:23 AM
I would probably have removed the capsule from the pen first. Much harder to guarantee you could bite down hard enough with the capsule inside the barrel. LOL

junglejim
October 7th, 2021, 07:41 AM
"modified Montblanc pen" = probably an early cheapie prototype of the ubiquitous Chinese copies we see today, lol!

BlkWhiteFilmPix
October 7th, 2021, 08:15 AM
A Montblanc pen might be unusual for the average Russian, but perhaps not for someone who was - according to the book (which the CIA vetted, as it was co-authored by the former Chief of the CIA's Soviet/East European Division) - an assistant to the Russian ambassador, and living in Bogotá.

fountainpenkid
October 7th, 2021, 09:48 AM
I saw this somewhere on YouTube—it was a much earlier pen…a silver overlay 1920s Meisterstuuk iirc (now that I’ve found the video I was slightly off…story is worth the listen at around 11:00 in the video)

fountainpenkid
October 7th, 2021, 12:10 PM
I just reverse image searched that photo in the screenshot…it seems to have been used in some completely unrelated articles on sites like dailymail….the person interviewed makes no mention of model or era, so maybe it was something different…although I do fancy the idea of such a remarkable pen being used for that purpose!

FredRydr
October 7th, 2021, 12:22 PM
FPGeeks - the latest victim of internet disinformation.

Cyril
October 9th, 2021, 10:13 AM
I can create something. You can create something . Be even hide on a brand media label. ADD FAKE BOOK F*CK CHECKING TAG OR PASS THROUH INSTAGRAMMED MAGIC HOLE FILTER.
You have many way to be a part of the EMS and join the fake EMS and it is the GRACE OF THE " FREE " INTERNET.

If you don't eye ball correctly or tune your ear drums to the right energy frequency, you'll end up being in a different matrix and wrong reality.
Some people call this our new normal era or the best technological era. :bump2::bump2::bump2::bump2::crazy_pilot:

Ron Z
October 9th, 2021, 07:08 PM
I would probably have removed the capsule from the pen first. Much harder to guarantee you could bite down hard enough with the capsule inside the barrel. LOL

Not with a 144. :boink:

An old bloke
October 9th, 2021, 07:27 PM

Have you considered the possibility that the end of the barrel itself may have been the capsule? How hard would it be to fill the bottom of the barrel with the poison and seal it in with a plug. Then, all one would have to do is bite firmly on the end of the barrel (think of all the pens with chew marks), and it's a one way trip to the toe-tag hotel (morgue).