PDA

View Full Version : I forgot to introduce myself

Eelis
October 10th, 2021, 03:23 AM
Hello all. I haven't been a fountain pen user/collector for very long, maybe 4 years, but I splashed right into it. I am really trying to scale back on my collection. You may see me selling this or that pen in the For Sale forum page. I am not normally a forum person. I have always been a twitter person. I am, however, curious who I might meet in a medium such as this.

Regarding fountain pens, I favor Japanese pens, with the exception of Visconti. I also favor big bold lines and I like curvature. I've learned the hard way not all stub and music nibs are made alike. I will take a double broad each and every time, and if I can get an oblique, forget about it I'm in love. I am not wealthy and my collection of pens would make it appear that my income is much more than it really is, but I suspect the same it true for many folks. The pens I have the most of are Sailor, Pilot, and Visconti.

As I stated, you will probably see me hanging out in the for sale forum, both as a buyer and seller.

Yazeh
October 10th, 2021, 04:15 AM
:welcome: Eelis.

guyy
October 10th, 2021, 05:26 AM
Hello, and welcome from NYC

I like the double and triple broads too, but usually go for vintage.

Eelis
October 10th, 2021, 05:39 AM
If you like vintage I have a 1953 broad Montblanc for sale in the For Sale forum below. Lots of pics. Not in perfect condition, but not too bad condition either.

Chrissy
October 10th, 2021, 07:27 AM
Hello and welcome. :)

Wahl
October 10th, 2021, 09:46 AM
:welcome:

mizgeorge
October 10th, 2021, 11:14 AM
Hello and welcome :)

Eelis
October 10th, 2021, 03:50 PM
I love Bob :music:

Jon Szanto
October 10th, 2021, 04:01 PM
Welcome, glad to have you!

:bounce:
:bounce::bounce:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
:bounce: :welcome: :bounce:

Regards,
Jon

mizgeorge
October 10th, 2021, 04:07 PM
Welcome, glad to have you!

:bounce: :welcome: :bounce:

Regards,
Jon

That was clever Jon!
(and I've just learned there's a maximum to the number of smilies allowed in a single post)

Bisquitlips
October 11th, 2021, 12:35 AM
Welcome!!!

Glad you are amongst us!

:welcome:

Eelis
October 11th, 2021, 04:06 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! ;)

PenInvestigations
October 24th, 2021, 11:24 AM
I'm also a Twitter person! And same with selling - I think I've identified my core collection and it's time to shed the excess