PDA

View Full Version : Members and guests?

Chip
November 1st, 2021, 11:20 PM
Don't think I've ever taken part in a forum where there are so few members online and so many guests (whom I take to be lurkers who haven't registered or signed in).

https://i.imgur.com/oLPXl8J.jpg

Why's that?

Jon Szanto
November 1st, 2021, 11:31 PM
I’m willing to bet that the majority of those non-members are bots/spiders/etc.

silverlifter
November 1st, 2021, 11:43 PM
I’m willing to bet that the majority of those non-members are bots/spiders/etc.

Indexing all of the spam threads that are proliferating on the boards...

An old bloke
November 2nd, 2021, 01:48 AM
Don't think I've ever taken part in a forum where there are so few members online and so many guests (whom I take to be lurkers who haven't registered or signed in).

https://i.imgur.com/oLPXl8J.jpg

Why's that?

I believe one reason is the various time zones in which many of us live. 8 AM in the UK is midnight in California, and 6 PM in Sydney. Then too, many of us, self included drop in, look to see what's new, and go off to other websites, or back to what we were supposed to be doing. That's what I am doing now.

Jerome Tarshis
November 3rd, 2021, 12:16 PM
I've been a member for years and I never log in unless I wish to post a message. Nor am I the only one, as I learned from a long-ago thread bearing upon this subject. The assumption underlying this thread astonishes me, although it shouldn't. We all live and learn.

Jon Szanto
November 3rd, 2021, 03:03 PM
I've been a member for years and I never log in unless I wish to post a message. Nor am I the only one, as I learned from a long-ago thread bearing upon this subject. The assumption underlying this thread astonishes me, although it shouldn't. We all live and learn.

Then again, you could very well be part of a small minority. I've learned to never overlook that possibility.

TSherbs
November 4th, 2021, 02:55 PM

Then again, you could very well be part of a small minority. I've learned to never overlook that possibility.I am America en-masse

I contain multitudes

>>Walt Whitman

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Jon Szanto
November 4th, 2021, 04:47 PM

Then again, you could very well be part of a small minority. I've learned to never overlook that possibility.I am America en-masse

I contain multitudes

>>Walt Whitman

I love Walt, but he can never remember his password and is always bugging me with login issues...