PDA

View Full Version : How do I remove the nib collar on a 149

Paul-H
August 5th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Hi guys

I needed to do some work on the nib on my 149 to improve the ink flow. I have managed to get the nib out but its come out with the ring still attached, so how is the feed held in the nib ring, is it just through friction or is it screwed in.

I have had a search and found a youtube Video that makes it look like its just friction but mine won't shift, yet and I don't want to force if its actually screwed in.

Thanks for any help

Paul

CS388
August 5th, 2013, 02:52 PM
The ring/collar is part of the feed sleeve?
When you got the nib out, the whole unit (nib/feed/sleeve) should come out as one unit.
Then you simply knock the nib and feed out of the sleeve, using a knock-out block.

Did you screw the nib out, using some tool?

If you have a collar, without a sleeve - then I'm afraid it's broken.

This is largely guesswork, I'm not fully understanding your description.
Any chance of a picture?

Good luck

Paul-H
August 5th, 2013, 03:08 PM
The collar is the bit with the two holes in that a tool is supposed to fit to unscrew it, ant the nib and feed goes into the collar.

Hope we are on the same page now. What I did was grip the nib and feed and tried to unscrew just the nib and feed, but instead the whole lot came out. Nib, feed and collar with the two holes.

If the feed is just a friction fit then all I need to do now is just knock it out as you said above so thanks for confirming the process. Not sure why the collar came out so easily though, and without the use of the special tool that is supposed to be used, perhapse its been out before. Although there was plenty of the old red silicone sealant there which is supposed to be an original Montblanc product. I suspect that there was too much sealant as now its been cleaned out and the nib assemble is back in using just silicone grease to seal it the pen is now writing much better than before.

Thanks for your help though.

Paul

CS388
August 5th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Ah, I see.
Yes, same page. That collar is the end of the sleeve. And once you've screwed it out, then, yes, you can just knock the nib and feed out of it.

But it sounds like you've got it sorted, now.
Well done.
Fingers crossed that it's 'fixed'
Good luck