PDA

View Full Version : Need help identifying OMAS pen.

worthyadvisor
November 6th, 2021, 05:06 PM
Hi there! This was my first pen that got me hardcore into the hobby, but all I know is that it's an OMAS pen, and from their website possibly a Milord pen. Story is that I bought this on my birthday in January 2019 at Landolt-Arbenz here in Zurich at a 50% off sale right before they moved into a bigger shop (I mean, awesome deal, right? A 500 CHF pen for 250!! Woot!). The only problem was a) I didn't know a lot about pens at the time, b) I got the original box with it, but the box didn't have anything else other than the converter in it, and c) language barrier, so I don't know if the seller actually told me the name of the pen. So I turn to you lovely folks for help! (Although, I fully understand that I may not get much info...)

It might be hard to see from the picture, and apologies for lighting, but the resin (or maybe celluloid?) is white, swirly, translucent, and almost looks like mother-of-pearl (it's why I bought it!). The nib is gold and medium sized, and the accents are silvery.

If anyone can help me with some information, that would be awesome! Thanks!

Pen without cap (https://drive.google.com/file/d/11JKf9My6X9VgxFbtRapafnjGAJb4nvR0/view?usp=sharing)
Pen capped (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-yrkfFcgiO4uK_Awnl5MxkFTED3ZezWO/view?usp=sharing)

(I tried to post the pics in the thread, but it wouldn't let me. Sorry about that...)

jar
November 6th, 2021, 05:26 PM
That looks to be one of the later New Style and could be Milord or Paragon. Dimensions, length & width in mm would help.

worthyadvisor
November 6th, 2021, 05:39 PM
That looks to be one of the later New Style and could be Milord or Paragon. Dimensions, length & width in mm would help.

130 mm capped, about 15 mm at its widest point.

jar
November 7th, 2021, 05:27 AM
Well as with all things relating to Giuseppe, this too is a puzzler. 130mm capped is shorter than either the modern Paragon or Milord, more a Lady or Princess style but I'm not aware OMAS used those names in any of the last versions. An EOL Mystery that I'll gladly follow.

bernina
November 7th, 2021, 08:04 AM
Looks like Omas Cruise, the last model of Omas production. It’s a bit smaller than the new Milord and should be about 13,5cm long capped.

broadoblique
November 7th, 2021, 08:51 AM
It is an Omas Cruise. #5 nib.

worthyadvisor
November 8th, 2021, 01:21 AM
Yay! Thanks so much! (and apparently I chose an interesting pen for my birthday that year!)