November 13th, 2021, 06:54 PM
…than you were on Jan 20th 2021?

724Seney
November 13th, 2021, 08:09 PM

Empty_of_Clouds
November 13th, 2021, 08:29 PM

Frankly? Yes.

Were you looking for particular dimensions?

TSherbs
November 14th, 2021, 04:58 AM
I'm 11 months closer to my death since January 2021, but 11 months closer to my retirement. Maybe a wash?

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Chuck Naill
November 14th, 2021, 06:14 AM
Trump never hurt my feelings and it's pure ignorance to think Biden is doing personal harm to families and their finances.

Possible causes of inflation is demand, lack of supply, and low interest rates. This is nothing Trump or Biden could have done anything about.

Gas prices never came back down here after the Colonial Pipeline hack.

Shipping costs have increased dramatically.

Manufacturing hasn't recovered i.e. reduced supply.

Congratulations @tsherbs on you retirement in 11 months.

kazoolaw
November 14th, 2021, 07:38 AM

Frankly? Yes.

Yes, please.

Chuck Naill
November 14th, 2021, 08:17 AM
Viruses don't care about your freedom.

kazoolaw
November 14th, 2021, 08:29 AM
Viruses don't care about your freedom.

Wrong topic but...
Apparently neither does Biden.

724Seney
November 14th, 2021, 08:47 AM
Trump never hurt my feelings and it's pure ignorance to think Biden is doing personal harm to families and their finances.

I may be ignorant but I'm not stupid.
You, Chuck, are stupid.
A dumb and blind lemming.

Chuck Naill
November 14th, 2021, 09:39 AM
Lol!! 👍

Chip
November 14th, 2021, 12:07 PM
I may be ignorant but I'm not stupid.

It's possible to be both. :dirol:

Empty_of_Clouds
November 14th, 2021, 12:08 PM

Frankly? Yes.

Yes, please.

What dimensions would you like?

kazoolaw
November 14th, 2021, 12:16 PM

Frankly? Yes.

Yes, please.

Whichever you'd like to share, as I know nothing of life in New Zealand.

Chuck Naill
November 14th, 2021, 01:02 PM
Isn’t it your responsibility to tell EOC what it was you wanted to discuss?

Empty_of_Clouds
November 14th, 2021, 02:36 PM

Frankly? Yes.

Yes, please.

Yeah, nah. You're going to have to be more specific.

dneal
November 14th, 2021, 03:16 PM

Frankly? Yes.

Good to hear, and not really since it will vary by individual.

Empty_of_Clouds
November 14th, 2021, 03:28 PM
Cool. As you are the OP I'll leave my response as it was, without further details.

Chip
November 14th, 2021, 04:43 PM

I lived a while in New Zealand. The people (with their predictable faults) are more trusting and friendly than in the US.

The seafood is brilliant. The lamb is luscious. The fruit and veg astounding. And the wine. . . don't get me started on the wine.

The beer is far superior to that in Australia. Which in turn beats hell out of the US.

TSherbs
November 14th, 2021, 08:40 PM
oops

TSherbs
November 14th, 2021, 08:42 PM

Frankly? Yes.

in cubits, please :jester:

kazoolaw
November 14th, 2021, 09:02 PM

Frankly? Yes.

Yes, please.

Yeah, nah. You're going to have to be more specific.

If you don't want to name any I can't do that's for you.

Chuck Naill
November 15th, 2021, 05:35 AM
Kaz, you want others to do the work. It seems you're only interested in trying to lure someone into saying something and then fabricating what they mean.

Cookedj
November 15th, 2021, 07:13 AM
I'm better off because of what my wife and I are doing, not because the governments (Federal, State or local) have made my life better.

kazoolaw
November 15th, 2021, 08:28 AM
Kaz, you want others to do the work. It seems you're only interested in trying to lure someone into saying something and then fabricating what they mean.

If I said my life was better and you asked me how I'd have an answer for you. No problem if EoC doesn't. I wouldn't presume to speak for him.

Chuck Naill
November 15th, 2021, 08:56 AM
It never bothered you before to speak for others.

Perhaps if you spent more attention to what want from us we could be more applicable.

Is my life better. Absolutely. I’d choose old and decent to old and mean any day of the week. I am more at peace.

I wouldn’t trade lives with anyone I know. If you think you’re better than me,‘I could care less. My personal philosophy is that I am a good as you,’but I am not less then you. It does take a community. Some are bad actors and need to be weeded out. Others need a helping hand.
Some can’t help themselves,‘but they are not less than those that can. Being pro life means being for everyone, even someone like the Trumps.

kazoolaw
November 15th, 2021, 09:03 AM
Is my life better. ... I am more at peace.

You've accomplished a great deal: well done.

Chip
November 15th, 2021, 01:13 PM
New Zealand: Land of the Charging Possums!

https://i.imgur.com/QG05IYA.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/15/new-zealand-possum-holds-woman-hostage-at-her-home?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Clouds—Right there in your hometown, ennit?

Empty_of_Clouds
November 15th, 2021, 02:58 PM
Certainly was! It was dubbed the 'Black's Rd Ripper'.

Funny thing is that in the 18 years I've lived here I have yet to see a possum... well, a live one at any rate. There are plenty of possum pancakes on the roads of course.

Chip
November 15th, 2021, 04:17 PM
Certainly was! It was dubbed the 'Black's Rd Ripper'.

Funny thing is that in the 18 years I've lived here I have yet to see a possum... well, a live one at any rate. There are plenty of possum pancakes on the roads of course.

Bloody Aussie varmints. But their fur (blended with merino wool) makes the best socks on earth. The more socks you buy, the fewer possums chomping the native bush.

(Oopsy! Was this about some political thing?)

TFarnon
November 21st, 2021, 01:02 PM
Yes. And I'm looking to be still better off in the next six months. My employer made me apply for my supervisor license, which means I have to be promoted to a senior tech, which means an automatic 5% raise. And my investments are doing just fine, having reached that inflection point where the account balances grow more than I put in as contributions. I have a reliable car that sips gas. I finally had to fill up last week. It cost me a whole $25, which will last me about a month. My living conditions haven't changed. They are fine. I finally had a meltdown at work, and the result of that was some very much needed time off (paid), and a promise to start getting the legally mandated mid-shift break I haven't gotten since I took my current position about 4 years ago. Improvements at work and in my finances, no change in my overall health. I haven't gotten COVID, probably because I'm fully vaccinated (2 initial shots plus one booster). I need new shoes (too lazy to go shop for them) and new glasses (same thing). I don't have an SO, which is no change and totally a good thing. I don't want an SO. I already finished my christmas shopping. And I no longer have to worry about what idiot thing Trump and his cronies will get up to next.

Chuck Naill
November 21st, 2021, 01:18 PM
Yes. And I'm looking to be still better off in the next six months. My employer made me apply for my supervisor license, which means I have to be promoted to a senior tech, which means an automatic 5% raise. And my investments are doing just fine, having reached that inflection point where the account balances grow more than I put in as contributions. I have a reliable car that sips gas. I finally had to fill up last week. It cost me a whole $25, which will last me about a month. My living conditions haven't changed. They are fine. I finally had a meltdown at work, and the result of that was some very much needed time off (paid), and a promise to start getting the legally mandated mid-shift break I haven't gotten since I took my current position about 4 years ago. Improvements at work and in my finances, no change in my overall health. I haven't gotten COVID, probably because I'm fully vaccinated (2 initial shots plus one booster). I need new shoes (too lazy to go shop for them) and new glasses (same thing). I don't have an SO, which is no change and totally a good thing. I don't want an SO. I already finished my christmas shopping. And I no longer have to worry about what idiot thing Trump and his cronies will get up to next.

Good for you!!👍🤣🤣

Chuck Naill
November 21st, 2021, 01:18 PM

Didn’t intend the laughing emoji, sorry

kazoolaw
December 10th, 2021, 10:25 AM
November inflation at 6.8%, highest in nearly 4 decades.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/a/AVvXsEiKR2H8Txvgo6It23NLZfT4e80ZTxcuYS5xPSYo1SkfnG _mRD3Ux5Hxbqyi2Q-Z_N-9lXzNQlVzU4Dp8och3ecnXONUif9bnIrgZSqFlGXcYJfc9cHZk 8PIKYXmAVg8xZWmgnxy7iQbd6cowX0PHuHdvnmQmZL6y2abvx9 MbJhR4onJqYXDxA=s2048

If you got a 5% raise you're losing ground.
If you're getting the 5.9% Social Security raise you're still losing ground.
How much higher are gas prices where you are?

Chuck Naill
December 10th, 2021, 10:32 AM
Take an economics course and study the causes of inflation, dumb ass. :haha:

dneal
December 10th, 2021, 10:43 AM
I always think it's funny when Chuck uses an emoticon that points at himself when he resorts to insult. "Take an economics course and study the causes of inflation, dumb ass.", indeed.

The irony remains delicious.

Chuck Naill
December 10th, 2021, 10:51 AM
Nice that it pleases your palate.

kazoolaw
December 10th, 2021, 02:20 PM

If you took a course it's obvious you didn't pass. Old Joe claimed he was at the top of his class too.

Chuck Naill
December 10th, 2021, 02:31 PM

If you took a course it's obvious you didn't pass. Old Joe claimed he was at the top of his class too.

Non sequintor, Cas

Chuck Naill
December 10th, 2021, 02:39 PM
There’s a 24 month surge in demand a with a bottle necked supply chain. None of this is any political person’s fault.

kazoolaw
December 10th, 2021, 02:57 PM
There’s a 24 month surge in demand a with a bottle necked supply chain. None of this is any political person’s fault.

Hmmm..
How 'bout the strangler of American oil?

Chuck Naill
December 11th, 2021, 05:23 AM

Hmmm..
How 'bout the strangler of American oil?

Your post was about inflaton. Prices on gases are just now coming down since the pipeline hack.

kazoolaw
December 11th, 2021, 06:13 AM
Chuck, given your understanding of economics, have you considered demand pull as a cause of inflated gas prices?

Chuck Naill
December 11th, 2021, 06:25 AM
Chuck, given your understanding of economics, have you considered demand pull as a cause of inflated gas prices?

I've considerd the pipeline hack and Summer time demand. Gas prices here are 20 cents less over the past two weeks.

Kaz, please feel free to blame prices on Biden if that makes you feel good. Demand for housing here is at an all time high since before the pandemic. New home owners are paying a premium for location.

Are you familar with the cost of containers increasing significantly? None of this is Trump or Biden's fault.

Trump inherited an economy on a good tradjectory. Everyone knows this or at least those that take the time to inform themselves. I believe giving credit where itis due and so should you.

People filling for unemployment hit a record low this past week, but business are still having a time filling the slots they need. This is not anyone's fault. Child care prices and availabilty is not anyone's fault. I do think many Trump supporters are going to benefit from what the Democrats passed. We shall see.

Tryng to contain the pandemic and get things back to normal has been a gigantic task that has been compounded by misinformation and stubborness.

dneal
December 11th, 2021, 06:55 AM
From that bastion of radical conservatism, CNBC: (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/10/consumer-price-index-november-2021.html)

Inflation surged 6.8% in November, even more than expected, to fastest rate since 1982
Jeff Cox

Inflation accelerated at its fastest pace since 1982 in November, the Labor Department said Friday, putting pressure on the economic recovery and raising the stakes for the Federal Reserve.

The consumer price index, which measures the cost of a wide-ranging basket of goods and services, rose 0.8% for the month, good for a 6.8% pace on a year over year basis and the fastest rate since June 1982.

Excluding food and energy prices, so-called core CPI was up 0.5% for the month and 4.9% from a year ago, which itself was the sharpest pickup since mid-1991.

The Dow Jones estimate was for a 6.7% annual gain for headline CPI and 4.9% for core.

Price increases came from familiar culprits.

Energy prices have risen 33.3% since November 2020, including a 3.5% surge in November. Gasoline alone is up 58.1%.

Food prices have jumped 6.1% over the year, while used car and truck prices, a major contributor to the inflation burst, are up 31.4%, following a 2.5% increase last month.

The Labor Department said the increases for the food and energy components were the fastest 12-month gains in at least 13 years.

Shelter costs, which comprise about one-third of the CPI, increased 3.8% on the year, the highest since 2007 as the housing crisis accelerated.

Chuck Naill
December 11th, 2021, 07:15 AM
None of which can be blamed on a politican. I didn't give Trump credit for the stock market either. No way he could have known the virus was coming and if he had, could have controlled the losses in 2020.

dneal
December 11th, 2021, 07:43 AM
Forbes: How President Biden's Executive Orders Impact the Oil Industry (https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2021/01/29/how-president-bidens-executive-orders-impact-the-oil-industry/?sh=30592e244ef4)

On his second day in office, President Biden signed Executive Order on Protecting Public Health and the Environment and Restoring Science to Tackle the Climate Crisis. The biggest takeaway from the Executive Order was the cancellation of the Keystone XL pipeline permit.

Last week the administration also issued Secretarial Order No. 3395, which implemented a 60-day suspension of new oil and gas leasing and drilling permits for federal land and water.

Business Insider: US Shale Slams Biden's Oil Policies (https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/us-shale-slams-bidens-oil-policies-1031037317?op=1)

While the U.S. Administration was calling repeatedly on OPEC+ to pump more oil to stop the rally in U.S. gasoline prices, which hit a seven-year high a few months ago, it failed to reach out to domestic producers first for more supply, shale executives and industry associations say.

Instead of asking OPEC+ and counties like Saudi Arabia, Iraq, and Russia to pump more oil, the Administration should have laid the foundations for a faster recovery of U.S. oil production, which producers curtailed last year in response to the crash in demand and oil prices, executives say.

But if a President, through executive orders, can't affect oil prices; then one wonders why President Biden has reversed course:

Biden Approving Oil and Gas Drilling Permits on Public Lands at Faster Rate than Trump (https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/584671-biden-approving-oil-gas-drilling-permits-on-public-lands-at-faster)

The Biden administration is approving drilling permits at a faster clip than the Trump administration, according to data first analyzed by the advocacy group Public Citizen.

Bureau of Land Management (BLM) data indicate that in 2021, the agency has approved drilling permits at an average of 336 per month, an increase from the monthly average of 245 at this point during the Trump administration.

Public Citizen’s analysis omitted January, as then-President Trump was in office for most of that month, but even without January data the monthly average stood at 333.

The rate of approvals remains below the 2020 high-water mark of 452 per month. Much of that is due to a period between the end of the 2020 election season and Biden’s inauguration season when oil and gas companies, anticipating increased regulation under Biden, stockpiled leases, according to an Associated Press analysis.

By other measures, however, the Biden administration continues to trail the Trump administration on leasing.

Chuck Naill
December 11th, 2021, 08:15 AM
I personally noticed a rise in gas here after the pipeline hack. They are returning to pre hack prices. I do heat with natural gas. I set the temp on 66. learning how to adapt and stay out of debt, which most can do, is how to survive the bumps in the road.

dneal
December 11th, 2021, 09:36 AM
I personally didn't notice a rise in gas after the pipeline hack, because it was regional.

"Put on a sweater" wasn't a winning narrative for Carter.

Chuck Naill
December 11th, 2021, 10:00 AM
I personally didn't notice a rise in gas after the pipeline hack, because it was regional.

Yeah, about 30 cents here.

What you put your temps on is your business. Our doctors suggested that lower temps were actually more healthy. So, it sort of became a life style. That said, a good soap stone stove with 20 percent humidity red oak feels great.

724Seney
December 11th, 2021, 10:50 AM
In Chuck's world, when Trump was President if a giraffe at the Bronx Zoo farted it was Trump's fault. And, it was accelerating the climate crisis which made it an even worse transgression.
Since Biden has become President, this Country is going to hell in a hand-bucket, fast, and nothing (as in not one bit of it) can be attributed to Biden or his Administration?

Get serious Chuck. Your total unwillingness to engage in any balanced dialogue about what is happening in this Country.... and why..... totally destroys any credibility you might have when (or if) you ever made a legitimate claim about something which is going on here.

Chuck Naill
December 11th, 2021, 11:46 AM
In Chuck's world, when Trump was President if a giraffe at the Bronx Zoo farted it was Trump's fault. And, it was accelerating the climate crisis which made it an even worse transgression.
Since Biden has become President, this Country is going to hell in a hand-bucket, fast, and nothing (as in not one bit of it) can be attributed to Biden or his Administration?

Get serious Chuck. Your total unwillingness to engage in any balanced dialogue about what is happening in this Country.... and why..... totally destroys any credibility you might have when (or if) you ever made a legitimate claim about something which is going on here.

I would respond, but I can't stop laughing.....

Obviously you are not reading anyone's posts and are another drive by troll. I'll respond when you engage and show you've done some reading. Otherwise, not going to waste time.

dneal
December 11th, 2021, 12:39 PM

Yeah, about 30 cents here.

What you put your temps on is your business. Our doctors suggested that lower temps were actually more healthy. So, it sort of became a life style. That said, a good soap stone stove with 20 percent humidity red oak feels great.

A gallon of 87 octane was under $2 here when the Orange guy was President, a year ago. After a year of Covid.

Now it's over $3, and has been for many months. Prices went up when the current guy started issuing executive orders.

From AAA:

Chip
December 11th, 2021, 11:06 PM

Didn't work out for the dinosaurs, either. . .

https://i.imgur.com/7gyjVsk.jpg

kazoolaw
December 15th, 2021, 03:50 AM
New monthly inflation record: 9.6%
https://www.bls.gov/news.release/ppi.nr0.htm
[Table A, next to last column]

Chuck Naill
December 15th, 2021, 05:56 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/dec/10/us-inflation-rate-rise-2021-highest-increase-since-1982

dneal
December 15th, 2021, 07:24 AM
Are you familar with the cost of containers increasing significantly? None of this is Trump or Biden's fault.

I was pondering this, this morning. What caused the cost to increase? The easy answer is “the pandemic”, but that is an oversimplification. Policies implemented in response to the pandemic, by politicians and bureaucrats, did it. Different policies implemented in response to the same pandemic could/would have different results. While maybe not directly the fault of a particular President in this case, it does indicate that politicians (and the policies they enact) can affect economic issues.

Policies influence market speculation. To circle back to gas prices, policies implemented by the previous administration caused gas prices to fall. Policies implemented by his predecessor led to $4/gallon prices. Policies implemented by the current administration led to higher prices.

The same is the case for inflation. Stimulus packages, quantitative easing, “printing money”, or however one wishes to label it, leads to inflation. The direct result of policies implemented.

Bold2013
December 15th, 2021, 09:04 AM
Will be interesting to see if the Feds keep calling the inflation ‘transitory’ in the upcoming report…

Chuck Naill
December 15th, 2021, 10:08 AM
I’m happy.

Chip
December 16th, 2021, 04:17 PM
You could put some people up at the Ritz with a bottle of champagne on ice and a thousand nicker, and they'd find some bloody thing to crap about.

kazoolaw
December 18th, 2021, 06:49 AM
Tell us again Uncle Joe how inflation is a positive sign.

"We estimate that inflation in 2021 will require the average U.S. household to spend around $3,500 more in 2021 to achieve the same level of consumption of goods and services as in recent previous years (2019 or 2020). Moreover, we estimate that lower-income households spend more of their budget on goods and services that have been more impacted by inflation."

https://budgetmodel.wharton.upenn.edu/issues/2021/12/15/consumption-under-inflation-costs

Chuck Naill
December 18th, 2021, 07:24 AM
Just checking in; I am still happy.

Chip
December 18th, 2021, 12:59 PM
In monetary terms, we're okay. The market goes up and down, but our income is stable and our net worth has grown.

Our needs are modest. Our electricity is 100% solar. We recycle and compost and donate a substantial part of our income to nonprofit groups, from local food banks to Doctors Without Borders. We pay our bills on time.

In climate terms, we're worse off. Our local weather is more erratic, huge storms followed by droughts, forest fire evacuations, weird signals from local wildlife (changes in bird migrations, invasive species, etc.)

One way I'm much better off is not having to see daily photos of Trump strutting, preening, golfing, or to listen to his lies (conceited porcine grunts) or to regard him as anything but a failed president, a loser of the election, a dishonest businessman, and a rotten husband.

That's worth a lot.

kazoolaw
December 20th, 2021, 07:56 AM
Chip and Chuck-
I appreciate your focus on things which bring happiness and contentment other than the merely monetary.
For some here in the U.S. the distance between sustenance and survival is much smaller.

TSherbs
December 20th, 2021, 08:28 AM
Chip and Chuck-
I appreciate your focus on things which bring happiness and contentment other than the merely monetary.
For some here in the U.S. the distance between sustenance and survival is much smaller.

Although many posts here on these threads are made for the scoring of personal points, I agree with this idea. I am among the lucky. I am better off every year, slightly, because I continue to have a salaried job with benefits and my income outpaces my costs and spending. I save more each year, and I have my health and live in a geologically stabile area with not much pollution. I have it made (knock on wood). I and my cohort are not the ones we should be worried about.

Inflation hurts. I hope that it is brought under better control. Personally, I don't hold presidents responsible for the movements of economies. Economies are giant oceans with their own tidal movements. Certain decisions have consequences, but mostly on the margins only.

The feds are going to raise rates, which should help cool some things off. Let's hope so.

Chuck Naill
December 20th, 2021, 09:15 AM
As a Christian, I have often recoiled from the concept of luck. I do not just believe some are lucky and some are not. That said, there are choices we make that will determine all things turn out. If I didn't read and exercise everyday, I think I would suffer long term. If I don't try to save a little, I will not accumulate the abilty to pay cash when something breaks down.

And, there are children born into deplorable dysfunction that don't have a chance toward stabilty. Some get adopted or placed in foster homes, but many fail and it is not their fault.

I was talking to my son in law last night about why I brag on my grandson. I explained that he needs to know I am on his side and that I think he can accomplish much. I personally didn't have it, and have made sure those under my roof know they are unconditionally loved.

Chip
December 20th, 2021, 05:25 PM
Chip and Chuck-

Because the Republicans in the US government have done everything in their power to increase the number of people (including children) in poverty; deny them support, whether monetary, medical, or food; force them into low-wage jobs without benefits; subject them to oppression and outright theft by employers; and with tax breaks and other schemes, increase income and wealth inequality, especially in racial terms, we make it our personal task to donate as much as we can afford to direct aid for those who need it.

Scumbags like Rand Paul (R-KY) should offer a public apology for their amoral opposition to disaster aid, except for their own states. Kentucky demands more and contributes less to the nation than any other state.

Chuck Naill
December 21st, 2021, 05:59 AM
Chip and Chuck-

Because the Republicans in the US government have done everything in their power to increase the number of people (including children) in poverty; deny them support, whether monetary, medical, or food; force them into low-wage jobs without benefits; subject them to oppression and outright theft by employers; and with tax breaks and other schemes, increase income and wealth inequality, especially in racial terms, we make it our personal task to donate as much as we can afford to direct aid for those who need it.

Scumbags like Rand Paul (R-KY) should offer a public apology for their amoral opposition to disaster aid, except for their own states. Kentucky demands more and contributes less to the nation than any other state.

You have to include Joe Manchin.

kazoolaw
December 21st, 2021, 08:03 AM
My mistake: clearly unhappy.

Chuck Naill
December 21st, 2021, 09:05 AM
My mistake: clearly unhappy.

I understand if your're bored. Nothing like a daily tweet from a whiner to make some happy...LOL

dneal
November 4th, 2023, 09:26 PM
How’s that inflation going?

Gas prices?

McDonalds’ Big Mac meal price?

Chuck Naill
November 9th, 2023, 04:45 PM
No problems here. Haven’t eaten a Big Mac is 20 years. So, no idea. Do you like them?

dneal
November 9th, 2023, 04:49 PM
It's been a story for 2 or three days. Something about $16 for a meal in New York.

It's a long and historically significant economic benchmark. I don't eat them.

Chuck Naill
November 10th, 2023, 07:08 AM
Annual growth rates:
2010-2019 2.3%
2018 3.0
2019 2.2
2023 3rd qtr. 4.9%

dneal
November 10th, 2023, 07:47 AM
Those are numbers that don't mean anything, cited by pundits and politicians.

Numbers voters care about are things like:

How much did a gallon of milk increase?

How much did a bag of Doritos?

What does a pound of ground beef cost?

How much for new brakes on my car?

Chuck Naill
November 10th, 2023, 03:20 PM
Milk is down from 2020

Ground beef is up .80

Doritos down 9%

Replacing brakes or any auto repairs depend on availability of parts and rising costs of labor. I guess If you want you can blame the Democrats that more people are working and making more money than before the pandemic. Biden walked the picket line. It would have been hilarious to see Trump walking amongst the rank and file.

724Seney
November 10th, 2023, 03:54 PM
Biden walked the picket line. It would have been hilarious to see Trump walking amongst the rank and file.

OMG, you didn't just swallow that 100% pure politically motivated STUNT hook, line and sinker. You swallowed the whole rod & reel with it!!!
The only thing remarkable about the event was that Biden made it through without falling on his ass.

dneal
November 10th, 2023, 05:09 PM
Milk is down from 2020

National average is up $.70/gal 2020 to 2022.

Your grocery store is as fake as the rest of your fantasy world.

dneal
November 10th, 2023, 05:11 PM
Milk is down from 2020

"More people working and making more money" briefs well, but it's the same people working another job to make more money to make ends meet.

You and Brooks and HCR are out of touch.

Chuck Naill
November 11th, 2023, 05:56 AM
Milk is down from 2020

"More people working and making more money" briefs well, but it's the same people working another job to make more money to make ends meet.

You and Brooks and HCR are out of touch.

Do you have anything that backs up your pessimism? Since you often complain about the lack of discussion, simply saying the figures are wrong does not further the conversation. Those were your products of concern and I addressed them. I was surprised to see Doritos mentioned, however.

Automotive products were both scarce and people were not working. It is as if you think Biden caused all of this. We had a global event that affected supply chains. Trump or Biden could not have turned it around in the short term. You do know about milk subsides?

Chuck Naill
November 11th, 2023, 06:04 AM
Biden walked the picket line. It would have been hilarious to see Trump walking amongst the rank and file.

OMG, you didn't just swallow that 100% pure politically motivated STUNT hook, line and sinker. You swallowed the whole rod & reel with it!!!
The only thing remarkable about the event was that Biden made it through without falling on his ass.

It is called having the capacity to show empathy for those less fortunate, Seny. It is being able to be human, show solidarity when having power. FDR and Lincoln had it. LBJ had it. Eisenhower had it. McCain had it. MLK had it. You can probably name some yourself.

And it paid off,

"Yesterday, President Biden, in a buoyant mood, reflected this America when he congratulated members of the United Auto Workers in Belvidere, Illinois, for the strong contracts that came from negotiations with the nation’s three top automakers—Ford, Stellantis, and General Motors—thanks to the UAW workers’ 46-day graduated strike. The union demanded the automakers make up the ground that workers had ceded years ago when the plants were suffering.

The final contracts that emerged from long negotiations gave workers wage gains of 30% over the next four and a half years, better retirement security, more paid leave, commitments that automakers would create more union jobs, union coverage for workers at electric vehicle battery plants—the lack of that protection had been a key reason autoworkers had been skittish about electric vehicles—and a commitment from Stellantis to reopen the Jeep Cherokee plant in Belvidere that had been shuttered in February. "

My concern is that you don't care about when your fellow Americans benefit from something Biden was behind. These are the non-college graduates that have been so squarely behind the former president. These people helped are not the coastal elites.

dneal
November 11th, 2023, 07:19 AM
Do you have anything that backs up your pessimism?

I'm not pessimistic. I'm realistic.

Reality backs it up. It's called inflation. It happens when you print money.