PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Australia

Connie
December 3rd, 2021, 08:32 PM
Hi! I am fairly new to the fountain pen world and this is the first forum that I have joined - I joined because I wanted to buy a limited edition paladin evergreen kaweco sport Al and I saw an ad here, pen was already sold :) :)
I’m still figuring out what I like in a pen, I am afraid that it might just be green! Or purple… ;)
I started with a small collection of vintage pens - which I consider a bit too fragile and precious to use every day.
I then moved on to entry level fountain pens (lamy safari, twsbi eco, kaweco sport, pilot metropolitan and some moon-man pens) - and then I got curious about modern gold nibs…
I have my precious pelikan m400 (M) which I love, and a couple of Sailors which I was underwhelmed by and haven’t even inked up because I am considering selling them (they cost so much and they are so plasticky!), apparently the nibs are great though so I want to try them…. Dilemma!
Recently some sparkly pens caught my eye and I have gone down the rabbit hole of the small pen makers and the incredible materials available; I have a diamond cast Franklin Christoff pen that I have just inked up and can’t wait to try! Shipping from the US to Australia is crazy expensive a the moment so haven’t done a lot of experimenting here.
I am looking forward to getting lost in the forums…. And hopefully finding one of those kawecos!

Chrissy
December 4th, 2021, 12:13 AM
Hello and welcome. :)

mizgeorge
December 4th, 2021, 12:11 PM
Hello Connie and welcome :)

Wahl
December 4th, 2021, 12:16 PM
:welcome:

Yazeh
December 4th, 2021, 03:03 PM
:welcome: Connie...

Chip
December 11th, 2021, 12:14 PM
G'Day and welcome. Don't recall seeing any Aussies on this forum, but there's at least one Kiwi. I lived in New Zealand for a while and go back when I can.

I've got a couple Pelikans that I love, a Souverän 800 and an M101N that's the colour of tomato soup, both great writers.

Anyhow, cheers!

OCArt
December 15th, 2021, 11:17 AM
Welcome, glad you are here.

Bisquitlips
December 24th, 2021, 06:11 AM
Welcome!

Glad you are with us!

:welcome:

bigpockets
December 31st, 2021, 11:16 PM
Hi Connie - yes definitely another world! I've had a "collection", albeit small & have bought & sold many over the years & just recently joined a forum. Lots of members willing to help with advice & info. Yes - all shipping from US isn't cheap, but way shorter turnaround time than EU as an example. Try getting your pens from HK or Japan...just "up the road" really..:wave: