PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from Perth WA

Robalone
December 14th, 2021, 09:59 PM
Greetings all. Bit of a lurker ! Decided to contribute.

FPs have been a constant thread throughout my long life, from my first dip pen at boarding school to the ridiculously large collection I have now I'm retired .

I have much experience at using and even repairing the things, but have lots to learn , I hope.

I'll be super glad to share any tips I have based on my experience of buying and restoring .

My main passion is handwriting !! I just can't not write ! and usually have a huge number of pens inked and in current use .

Cheers Rob 🙋🏻*♂️👍🏻

Yazeh
December 15th, 2021, 08:43 AM
:welcome: Rob....

eachan
December 15th, 2021, 09:50 AM
Welcome aboard Rob. I'm sure you'll feel at home here!

Chrissy
December 15th, 2021, 10:11 AM
Hello and welcome. :)

Wahl
December 15th, 2021, 11:15 AM
:welcome:

OCArt
December 15th, 2021, 11:18 AM
Welcome, glad you joined us.

eachan
December 16th, 2021, 09:29 AM
Deb has been in communication with Rob for years. He has a fine collection of vintage pens and is very well informed on the subject. He's also an outstanding calligrapher. I'm sure he will have much to contribute to the board.

mizgeorge
December 16th, 2021, 11:32 AM
Hello Rob and welcome :)

I very much look forward to seeing both your pens and what you do with them!

jar
December 16th, 2021, 12:44 PM
One of my favorite Bladesmiths is David Brodziak from Albany.

OCArt
December 16th, 2021, 08:21 PM
Welcome to this site, glad you found us.

Robalone
December 17th, 2021, 12:32 AM
Thanks Eachan. I'd have so much more to contribute if only I could get photos onto my posts 🤷*♂️
I've tried everything ( except what works) 🤣😩......

And my old man shrugging emoji always turns into a girl and a girl symbol ???? Lol

eachan
December 17th, 2021, 02:51 AM
You're having a hard time there, Rob. I'm sorry I can't help you but as I explained I attach pictures a different way and I'm dreadfully ignorant about how to do it through the board.

Robalone
December 17th, 2021, 06:08 PM
You're having a hard time there, Rob. I'm sorry I can't help you but as I explained I attach pictures a different way and I'm dreadfully ignorant about how to do it through the board.

Pterodactylus
December 18th, 2021, 03:41 AM
Welcome to the show 👍

eachan
December 18th, 2021, 05:53 AM

Glad to hear it! That's an excellent pen and a very fine hand of write!

Bisquitlips
December 21st, 2021, 01:45 AM
Welcome!

Glad you are with us!

JakaBasej
January 25th, 2022, 02:22 PM
Greetings all. Bit of a lurker ! Decided to contribute.

FPs have been a constant thread throughout my long life, from my first dip pen at boarding school to the ridiculously large collection I have now I'm retired .

I have much experience at using and even repairing the things, but have lots to learn , I hope.

I'll be super glad to share any tips I have based on my experience of buying and restoring . Link:https://elly.com/

My main passion is handwriting !! I just can't not write ! and usually have a huge number of pens inked and in current use .

Cheers Rob 🙋🏻*♂️👍🏻

Hello man. First time I was in WA i first found about Ellly. I bouht 5 stocks for 40€ now they are 85. I hate that I did not buy more

OCArt
January 25th, 2022, 05:07 PM
Welcome to this fine group, Rob.

TMac
January 26th, 2022, 06:57 AM
Welcome aboard!

Chip
January 26th, 2022, 01:19 PM
G'day, Robbo! When we lived in EnZed, we planned to visit Oz, but something always came up. Alas!

Never been to Perth, but I've enjoyed wine from Margaret River (south of you, I think). Devil's Lair springs to mind.

So– welcome and all!

abkdt41
January 26th, 2022, 04:55 PM
Welcome to the club

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Gthry1
February 17th, 2022, 12:36 PM
Welcome, glad you joined us.