PDA

View Full Version : Pilot 74 section

TMac
December 22nd, 2021, 06:32 PM
I have a very nice orange Pilot 74 that I have damaged the section. Does anyone know of an alternate pen that I could swap the section?

Chrissy
December 22nd, 2021, 11:51 PM
A Pilot Custom 74 is a good, reasonably priced, gold nibbed pen. If I damaged the section on mine the first thing I would try would be to make contact with Pilot in my part of the world and ask them if they might be able to assist me.

On a previous occasion I contacted Pilot about a nib exchange on a Capless and they quickly exchanged the nib for free without any problem, so they might provide a new section.

A Prera section might fit as a temporary measure. They both have the same nib/feed size although the Prera nib is steel. Not sure whether or not all of the section will be exactly the same fitting as the Custom 74.

calamus
December 24th, 2021, 01:56 PM
I own both a Custom 74 and a Prera. Unfortunately, the Prera's section is fatter than the 74's, and will not fit. I just tried.

Chrissy
December 24th, 2021, 02:12 PM
I own both a Custom 74 and a Prera. Unfortunately, the Prera's section is fatter than the 74's, and will not fit. I just tried.
Darn it. That's a shame. :(

TMac
December 24th, 2021, 02:56 PM
Thank you both for trying!

Frank
December 26th, 2021, 04:19 PM
(Assuming you live in the US..)

Contact Pilot USA (Jacksonville, FLA)
You want the Namiki Division- parts/repairs..
As you have already seen- the sections of 74 pens are all grey..
You should be able to send your pen there for replacement part!

Regards,
Frank

calamus
December 27th, 2021, 02:13 PM
(Assuming you live in the US..)

Contact Pilot USA (Jacksonville, FLA)
You want the Namiki Division- parts/repairs..
As you have already seen- the sections of 74 pens are all grey..
You should be able to send your pen there for replacement part!

Regards,
Frank

Not sure what you mean about all 74 sections being gray, unless you're referring to all the available replacement sections. The section on my Custom 74 is dark forest green, like the rest of the pen. (Looks black in the photo, but actually has a slight greenish cast to it.)