PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a cartridge pen ring

edteach
December 31st, 2021, 06:53 AM
I bought these two cartridge pens. One is missing the silver ring. Other than looking for a damaged pen as a donor is there any place to look for this part? Also I am correct that these are 1960s cartridge pens

although
January 1st, 2022, 09:39 AM
I want to say that those are the earliest variant of the "school pen". Shouldn't be too tough to locate a parts donor on ebay. I have a second variant that stays inked with either Noodler's Bad Black Mocassin or Baystate Blue. It's my envelope addressing pen. They are real workhorses :)

Chrissy
January 1st, 2022, 10:30 AM
I want to say that those are the earliest variant of the "school pen". Shouldn't be too tough to locate a parts donor on ebay. I have a second variant that stays inked with either Noodler's Bad Black Mocassin or Baystate Blue. It's my envelope addressing pen. They are real workhorses :)
Thanks. That's a good idea. A specific envelope addressing pen using only waterproof ink. Must set one up for myself. :) I currently use my Pilot Capless with Pilot Blue ink that I understand is very water resistant, but still tend to rub over addresses with wax.

pajaro
January 1st, 2022, 08:53 PM
After all the money I have spent on pens looking for some pen nirvana, I admit that Sheaffer school cartridge pens are among the best pens at writing and the nib staying moist.