PDA

View Full Version : To buy or not to buy....

tannie
August 8th, 2013, 06:18 PM
I turn a year older next week and of course, this works as a great excuse to buy a new pen. I'd like to buy a TWSBi Vac700 with Vac20 and probably a 30ml bottle of Diamine Damson. But I don't really need any of it... But still, it's my birthday, I get to treat myself, right? Aaargh, the frustration! Can't sleep.

Feel free to (e|u)nable me, I won't hold it against you ;)

Nomdeplume
August 8th, 2013, 06:26 PM
That is a minor amount to invest in such a celebration! In this day-and-age, living another year is a major accomplishment and a milestone that deserves a purchase of the pen and all it needs to function optimally!

Go for it!

tandaina
August 8th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Go for it! And get Pendleton to make the nib into his famous Bad Boy with Angel Wings.

earthdawn
August 8th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Your asking the wrong group if you should or shouldn't buy more pens lol

First off your choice is great, second it's your Birthday so spoil yourself a little, third it's something you will enjoy for years to come....

I think your only real decision is color and nib size.

Playtime
August 8th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Just do it:)

J

velo
August 9th, 2013, 01:35 AM
I turn a year older next week and of course, this works as a great excuse to buy a new pen. I'd like to buy a TWSBi Vac700 with Vac20 and probably a 30ml bottle of Diamine Damson. But I don't really need any of it... But still, it's my birthday, I get to treat myself, right? Aaargh, the frustration! Can't sleep.

Feel free to (e|u)nable me, I won't hold it against you ;)

It was my birthday last week.

In the lead up I bought myself;

TWSBI 580
Lamy 2000
Parker Vacumatic
Ranga Ebonite Duofold
Two Jinhao eBay specials

Admittedly I had to return one and will probably put another up for sale but it's been fun.

tannie
August 9th, 2013, 03:54 AM
Your asking the wrong group if you should or shouldn't buy more pens lol

First off your choice is great, second it's your Birthday so spoil yourself a little, third it's something you will enjoy for years to come....

I think your only real decision is color and nib size.

No no, asking the *right* group :angel:

I would get the clear demonstrator and a medium nib. I have the mini and the 580, both clear, with F and EF nibs, and I think I'll like the medium too. :D

jacksterp
August 9th, 2013, 08:51 AM
tannie - the medium nib is a very nice daily writer - smooth and moderately wet. I am pretty sure you'll like it.

As to your original question, YOLO go for it!

fncll
August 9th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Do it! You deserve it. The fact that you are even asking shows you should have it (so goes my internal logic)...

tannie
August 9th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Thanks everyone!

I ordered it, hopefully it arrives on or before my birthday (I used http://www.cultpens.com and live in the Netherlands, it could happen)
I went for the M and clear, and I really like that cultpens now carries the 30ml Diamine bottles. I know the bigger ones cost less per ml, but I like having more colours and have yet to finish any of my inks, so less volume probably helps me more ;)

earthdawn
August 9th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Thanks everyone!

I ordered it, hopefully it arrives on or before my birthday (I used http://www.cultpens.com and live in the Netherlands, it could happen)
I went for the M and clear, and I really like that cultpens now carries the 30ml Diamine bottles. I know the bigger ones cost less per ml, but I like having more colours and have yet to finish any of my inks, so less volume probably helps me more ;)

Netherlands eh' .... Are you close enough to shop at P.W. Akkerman ???????

And... congrats.. now it's a waiting game.

writingrav
August 9th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Good for you! You deserve it. And happy birthday!

tannie
August 19th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Thanks everyone!

Netherlands eh' .... Are you close enough to shop at P.W. Akkerman ???????

And... congrats.. now it's a waiting game.

I live in Amsterdam, so an hour by train away from The Hague. I have plans to visit the shop, sometime in the future. Much more fun than ordering it online :D