PDA

View Full Version : Diamine Delamare Green

milanjuza
August 10th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Hey,

Here's a quick review of one of my favourite inks: Diamine Delamere Green from a well-known British manufacturer Diamine. I have been using it for several months and I am very happy with it. Delamere Green has a rich, mid to dark green colour, is well saturated and has a good flow. Drying times are not that great (especially if you like using broader nibs), but in practice it is not a major problem. It does not feather much at all (tested on Rhodia and Paperchase). Some bleed-through is visible even on Rhodia (which is generally very FP friendly), but that’s probably because I was using a stub nib and my Parker Duofold is quite wet. Overall, I like this ink a lot — it is well-behaved and looks great.

High res photos available on my blog: verticalpaper.net (http://verticalpaper.net/post/57896481562/ink-review-diamine-delamere-green)

Paper: Rhodia A4 notebook (90g)
Pen: Vintage Parker Duofold 1.1mm stub nib
Writing sample: J. K. Jerome: Three men in a boat
Water test: drops left on the paper for 30 secs

dr.grace
August 10th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Thanks! Looks like a nice color.

southpaw52
August 10th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Another great ink offering from Diamine.

milanjuza
August 10th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Yes, it's a great colour indeed. I will post a review of a much darker Diamine Green-Black soon as well.

ardgedee
August 10th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Nice! I need a good green ink and this looks closer to what I had in mind than many of them. A little concerned with the slow dry time, though.

milanjuza
August 10th, 2013, 03:13 PM
If you like this colour, you can also consider Diamine Green/Black which is darker, especially with a fine/medium nib.

Mod_wolves
August 10th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Fun fact of the day... Diamine Delamere green is named after Delamere Forest near the town of Frodsham (my home town) in cheshire, England. around half an hour rom the diamine factory in Liverpool. Also if you were wondering, Delamere means 'forest of the lakes'.

jacksterp
August 10th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the review.

Love the color.

Hate the bleed through.

cwent2
August 10th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the review.

Love the color.

Hate the bleed through.

Is there a diamine that does not bleed through?

jacksterp
August 10th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Both Claret and Mediterranean Blue don't exhibit bleed through on any papers I have tested them on.

milanjuza
August 11th, 2013, 02:06 AM
I found that there is almost no bleedthrough when using TWSBI 580 1.1 italic. I think most of the bleedthrough can be attributed to my Duofold being really really wet. I don't think people using F or M nibs will have any problems (on a decent paper).

milanjuza
August 11th, 2013, 02:09 AM
Fun fact of the day... Diamine Delamere green is named after Delamere Forest near the town of Frodsham (my home town) in cheshire, England. around half an hour rom the diamine factory in Liverpool. Also if you were wondering, Delamere means 'forest of the lakes'.

Very interesting! I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing!