PDA

View Full Version : DeAtramentis Ink Fans

southpaw52
August 10th, 2013, 01:49 PM
I enjoy the ink offerings from DeAtramentis. The inks are well behaved, perform well in my fine nibs. The scented ink can be a bit quirky, I personally do not find it offense. Goulet is carrying two new colors Apple Blossom (hot pinkish color),Ultramarine, nice shade of blue..

Any other fans out there?

writingrav
August 10th, 2013, 02:59 PM
DeAtramentis Fuschia is one of my favorites and rarely out of the rotation.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

DrChumley
August 10th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Aubergine is my favorite of theirs, but I've got several others on my wish list. (Christmas will be coming up soon!)

Tracy Lee
August 10th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Count me in on this. Love Baked Apple, and the Johann Sebastian Bach is an oddly appealing color. I have been very pleased with the performance too, and use it a lot. Oh, I have indigo blue as well. That is a nice blue.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Laura N
August 10th, 2013, 06:27 PM
I love Sherlock Holmes.

AtomicLeo
August 10th, 2013, 07:33 PM
I have two colors from the Magic Boarding school series, a homage to Harry Potter. I loved the Wizard's Ink which is very similar to the Sherlock Holmes color. The other is a lovely grey green ink that behaves well, but the smell is terrible. I had to move the bottle out of my ink storage box because I could smell it even with the bottle closed! I don't know what I'll do with it. I threw in a bottle of Silver Grey with my last Goulet order and it's a bit dry, and quite what I was expecting.

Murfie
August 11th, 2013, 12:33 AM
I have De Atrametis Maron, Mouse Grey, Ocher (sic) Yellow, Petrol and Sahara Grey. I did receive a bottle of Khaki but the postal system used it all to daub the insides of the parcel in transit, however, it did look a nice shade! My favourite is Maron, which I believe might be discontinued as it no longer appears on the De Atramentis web site.

velo
August 11th, 2013, 12:54 AM
How strong are the scented inks? I'm interested in trying out their tobacco colour but worry that they smell too much.

DrChumley
August 11th, 2013, 02:29 AM
How strong are the scented inks? I'm interested in trying out their tobacco colour but worry that they smell too much.

I have only tried one of their scented inks: Jasmine. (It turned out to be one of my least-favorite inks of all time. Very dry, very light. Unusable for anything I would ever do.) I couldn't detect even a hint of a jasmine scent (and I have a very good sense of smell.)

I would like to try their Lily of the Valley ink (I love that scent), and a couple of others. The Cola ink intrigues me a bit. As does the Fir ink.

Now, if they can get a chocolate brown ink that smells like a nice, rich dark chocolate, they'll have a bestseller on their hands!

velo
August 11th, 2013, 02:49 AM

I have only tried one of their scented inks: Jasmine. (It turned out to be one of my least-favorite inks of all time. Very dry, very light. Unusable for anything I would ever do.) I couldn't detect even a hint of a jasmine scent (and I have a very good sense of smell.)

I would like to try their Lily of the Valley ink (I love that scent), and a couple of others. The Cola ink intrigues me a bit. As does the Fir ink.

Now, if they can get a chocolate brown ink that smells like a nice, rich dark chocolate, they'll have a bestseller on their hands!

I agree! I'm trying brown inks for the first time that's why tobacco was on the radar. I might just get a sample and see how it goes.

Sleepyside
August 13th, 2013, 07:06 AM
I love the tobacco. It looks nothing like cured tobacco, but it sure smells like it. Sometimes I'll uncap the pen and just sniff! (And no, I don't smoke but freshly cured tobacco just smells so good.)

Bogon07
August 14th, 2013, 02:58 AM
My only DeAtramentis Ink is Deepwater obsession Black-Brown. A nice very dark brown with a slight purple tendency.