PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Son of a Bitch

Chuck Naill
January 29th, 2022, 09:13 AM
How can it be a "hot mic" moment when it was on the teleprompter? LOL!!

manoeuver
February 2nd, 2022, 07:50 AM
I actually liked Biden for a second after that episode. Fkn hilarious. The hand-wringing afterward was equally entertaining.

Chuck Naill
February 2nd, 2022, 08:01 AM
Yeah, I enjoyed it as well.

724Seney
February 2nd, 2022, 05:32 PM

Completely and totally pathetic.
The man does not even know what planet he is on.

Worst, is the Dems now realize they can't marginalize him (which was the "grand plan" all along) because Kammy would only be worse.

Chuck Naill
February 3rd, 2022, 07:43 AM
I am sure more comfortable today than I was between 2016-2020. I hardly know he's in office. No tweets or drama.

Bold2013
February 3rd, 2022, 08:41 PM

Worst, is the Dems now realize they can't marginalize him (which was the "grand plan" all along) because Kammy would only be worse.

I don’t know what planet I’m on…

‘Trust the science’ with regards to Covid but they also claim people’s gender has nothing to do with chromosomes
‘Black Lives Matter’ but they keep killing them in the womb and celebrating it
‘Make the wealthy pay their fair share’ but the top 10% of earners paid 71% of all income tax
We need to elevate the voice of the oppressed but if white people don’t say anything we are guilty of racism (including specific acts done by unrelated people)

Chuck Naill
February 4th, 2022, 05:52 AM
People ask what planet they are one, but the really they are asking what is happening to my comfortable and predictable world, seemingly unaware of the history and lives around them. I discovered that when I was a small child the black people in my city could not use a public park except on Juneteenth. The day after the pools were drained and cleaned so white people could resume use. Imagine growing up feeling like you were dirty? The black women I am close to seem to be overly concerned for sanitation. Almost germophobic. I have asked myself if the reason might be the way they were made to feel as children.

You think Black people are the only ones getting abortions and I have never heard anyone celebrate an abortion.

Viruses and gender idenity are different topics. And, why would you care if a female identifies as a male? If your faith isn't big enough to encompass all, your faith is flawed.

It is common knowledge that wealthy business owners have tax advantages that allow them to write off expense not available to others. Doctors used to be able to write off their vehicles.

I have never had a black friend say I should be more public with my comments to show them I aware of their history and what is occurring in the black communities. I have listened to them and I have read. I am presently reading The Slave Ship by Marcus Rediker.

If your black friends discovered you were reading Alex Haley's biography of Malcom Little or a biography of Dr. King, it would demonstrate that you as a white man want to know. When you treat them with the same respect and love as you do a white person, it demonstrates who you really are. As long as you are looking for excuses, they will see you as a white Christian out of touch and worse, not relevant. It is your choice how you want to live and think.

Below is how Africans were transported aboard slave ships and below is from a museum in Montgomery, Alabama

TSherbs
February 4th, 2022, 06:08 AM

Classic reactionary opening line. I think someone wrote this same line in a women's magazine about seeing women on bicycles for the first time. The author, of course, was male.

dneal
February 4th, 2022, 06:15 AM
To paraphrase:

Bold2013: This hypocrisy has become idiotic.
Chuck: People who point out hypocrisy are racist.
TSherbs: People who point out hypocrisy are misogynists.

dneal
February 4th, 2022, 06:20 AM
I am sure more comfortable today than I was between 2016-2020. I hardly know he's in office. No tweets or drama.

Not everyone is a former pharma rep with Pfizer stock.

Chuck Naill
February 4th, 2022, 06:45 AM
For @bold2013

"This is what has happened over the past six years to millions of American Christians, especially evangelicals. There have been three big issues that have profoundly divided them: the white evangelical embrace of Donald Trump, sex abuse scandals in evangelical churches and parachurch organizations, and attitudes about race relations, especially after the killing of George Floyd."

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/04/opinion/evangelicalism-division-renewal.html?unlocked_article_code=AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ACEIPuomT1JKd6J17Vw1cRCfTTMQmqxCdw_PIxftm3iWka3DPD m4eiOMNAo6B_EGKaLRqYdQ-2zWQTdtAK7pqSP1sz_ReOEooUQSur4SNnNIFPyAx48qVb18B4q jsD_o-4CO4KS6wMvt-z7my-E7aOTW6XveIzXQnIFl6pZVud0Wh3CFe2qvHQLV334N11PlyU4t oBmtVPFn8tPHqCRh5PtWGbAiNqVVlHrEEBkyA2IKU-LkCcw5NCFnZTX4Z4Ww06t1UONN_L7-oZld7O5K42eNNfzQueIS5BJQxRJzWlaFottPOqx-Nzsm1z5YmBeK-KqD9gPaWoIZCpYnF4nI&smid=url-share

kazoolaw
February 4th, 2022, 06:54 AM
Chuck: "I hardly know he's in office."
If true, a damning statement on the ineffectiveness of the POTUS.
But, It's not true, as Chuck has defended Uncle Joe through foreign policy disasters, constitutional ignorance, his long history of racism, and his responsibility for millions of Covid deaths. Joe's not Don, and that's enough for Chuck to be comfortable.

Chuck Naill
February 4th, 2022, 08:57 AM

Classic reactionary opening line. I think someone wrote this same line in a women's magazine about seeing women on bicycles for the first time. The author, of course, was male.

I agree classic and one that I might have made in the 1990's listening to Rush Limbaugh. So, I am not pointing a judgmental finger, but saying "self educate". Get aways from Tucker and Trump. Mingle with brown and dark skinned people. Hear their story. "But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger"; Proverbs 15:18

TSherbs
February 4th, 2022, 09:46 AM
For @bold2013

"This is what has happened over the past six years to millions of American Christians, especially evangelicals. There have been three big issues that have profoundly divided them: the white evangelical embrace of Donald Trump, sex abuse scandals in evangelical churches and parachurch organizations, and attitudes about race relations, especially after the killing of George Floyd."

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/04/opinion/evangelicalism-division-renewal.html?unlocked_article_code=AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ACEIPuomT1JKd6J17Vw1cRCfTTMQmqxCdw_PIxftm3iWka3DPD m4eiOMNAo6B_EGKaLRqYdQ-2zWQTdtAK7pqSP1sz_ReOEooUQSur4SNnNIFPyAx48qVb18B4q jsD_o-4CO4KS6wMvt-z7my-E7aOTW6XveIzXQnIFl6pZVud0Wh3CFe2qvHQLV334N11PlyU4t oBmtVPFn8tPHqCRh5PtWGbAiNqVVlHrEEBkyA2IKU-LkCcw5NCFnZTX4Z4Ww06t1UONN_L7-oZld7O5K42eNNfzQueIS5BJQxRJzWlaFottPOqx-Nzsm1z5YmBeK-KqD9gPaWoIZCpYnF4nI&smid=url-share

So many times when I, in the past, have tried to bring up these deeper issues of conscience, they are ignored.

For example, the child abuse and systemic cover-up in the Catholic Church. These cases have been exposed by the tens of thousands. How any Catholic, who still attends church (instead of protesting outside of it every Sunday) feels they can take a moral high road on any topic is beyond me. I have not set foot inside of a Catholic church since the Pennsylvania grand jury report went public (after which other states and countries, eg Germany, followed). That institution, in my estimation, should be sued into bankruptcy in the US and be declared illegal and be required to pay restitution for 100 years. Just for starters. Talk about needing to clean up one's own house! The RCC has done piddly squat in terms of any real penance or healing or restitution for the persons and communities that they violated.

Next?

724Seney
February 4th, 2022, 09:48 AM

‘Trust the science’ with regards to Covid but they also claim people’s gender has nothing to do with chromosomes
‘Black Lives Matter’ but they keep killing them in the womb and celebrating it
‘Make the wealthy pay their fair share’ but the top 10% of earners paid 71% of all income tax
We need to elevate the voice of the oppressed but if white people don’t say anything we are guilty of racism (including specific acts done by unrelated people)

Spot on.

Chuck Naill
February 4th, 2022, 10:07 AM
For @bold2013

So many times when I, in the past, have tried to bring up these deeper issues of conscience, they are ignored.

For example, the child abuse and systemic cover-up in the Catholic Church. These cases have been exposed by the tens of thousands. How any Catholic, who still attends church (instead of protesting outside of it every Sunday) feels they can take a moral high road on any topic is beyond me. I have not set foot inside of a Catholic church since the Pennsylvania grand jury report went public (after which other states and countries, eg Germany, followed). That institution, in my estimation, should be sued into bankruptcy in the US and be declared illegal and be required to pay restitution for 100 years. Just for starters. Talk about needing to clean up one's own house! The RCC has done piddly squat in terms of any real penance or healing or restitution for the persons and communities that they violated.

Next?

After reading the Brooks op-ed, I immediately thought that the fix will be to find some man and his words to provide a correction. WRONG!!

In my opinion, any man or woman who claims to know the path forward is not the answer. Education in the scriptural text alone will suffice. No one would, who knew and understood the text, would be able to proceed toward slavery or abusing women, boys, girls, or each other. John Newton continued as a slave trader after his got serious about religion. He even prayed for safe passage...LOL!!

Going to Church in the First Century provides a picture of what my concept of discipleship to Jesus could be.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3073765-going-to-church-in-the-first-century

The Shack is a book that caused my concept of Christianity could be and especially toward forgiviness.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shack

I do not disparage other members, who are white, from thinking as they do. I was once like them, ignorant.

kazoolaw
February 4th, 2022, 03:24 PM
For @bold2013

Next?

Walking away doesn't seem to be an effect means of reforming the Catholic Church? The Boy Scouts? The friends of Jeffrey Epstein?

Chuck Naill
February 4th, 2022, 03:33 PM
Walking away aka refusing support aka enabling can actually have a beneficial effect.

TSherbs
February 4th, 2022, 04:24 PM
Walking away aka refusing support aka enabling can actually have a beneficial effect.

Um, yeah. It's called protest or dissent. America was founded on the idea. Incidentally, so was some of the ministry of Jesus.

Chuck Naill
February 4th, 2022, 04:32 PM
When those involved in the slave trade were choosing which to purchase, they didn't want old men and females with drooping and pointed breasts. The chosen were teens and children. Some of you don't have a clue what Mulatto means, or why it exists.

dneal
February 4th, 2022, 05:13 PM

Um, yeah. It's called protest or dissent. America was founded on the idea. Incidentally, so was some of the ministry of Jesus.

Well, until the Democrats are in charge. Then it's called an insurrection.

TSherbs
February 4th, 2022, 06:05 PM
When those involved in the slave trade were choosing which to purchase, they didn't want old men and females with drooping and pointed breasts. The chosen were teens and children. Some of you don't have a clue what Mulatto means, or why it exists.

Fortunately, most of my students aren't even aware of this term. I introduce them to it, then I tell them that it comes from "mulish," or like a "mule," a derogatory reference to a biracial person, just to make sure that they don't ever use it going forward ignorantly (accidentally, but not intentionally either!).

kazoolaw
February 4th, 2022, 09:48 PM

Well, yes.
The point I obviously failed to make was that if all you do is walk away in silence it's equally capable of being interpreted as defeat, or never even being noticed. Protest and dissent are good, as is educating those ignorant of the issues. The abuse of children is particularly horrific.
Jesus was quite confrontational on occasion, calling out the religious hypocrites, confronting those jockeying for positions, stopping the stoning of the woman.

Chuck Naill
February 5th, 2022, 06:20 AM

Fortunately, most of my students aren't even aware of this term. I introduce them to it, then I tell them that it comes from "mulish," or like a "mule," a derogatory reference to a biracial person, just to make sure that they don't ever use it going forward ignorantly (accidentally, but not intentionally either!).

Do all the good you can, while you can, Ted.

"Republican lawmakers in 37 states have introduced dozens of bills to restrict teaching on the subject of race and racism under the guise of opposition to “critical race theory.” In 14 states, restrictions have either passed into law or been imposed through either executive action or on the authority of a state education commission. One such law, passed in Texas, prohibits teaching that “slavery and racism are anything other than deviations from, betrayals of, or failures to live up to the authentic founding principles of the United States, which include liberty and equality.”

One predictable outcome of this frenzy — which includes state lawmakers scrutinizing K-12 and college curriculums for “indoctrination” — is a chilling effect in classrooms, as any attempt to teach an accurate history of racism in the United States is placed under hostile scrutiny. Educators accused of indoctrinating students with “critical race theory” have reported threats and physical harassment, and some schools — in Alabama, for example — are now defending their Black History Month programs from similar accusations of subversion."

From Du Bois:

"“We must forget,” he writes, “that George Washington was a slave owner, or that Thomas Jefferson had mulatto children … and simply remember the things we regard as creditable and inspiring.” The difficulty with this approach, he continues, “is that history loses its value and incentive and example; it paints perfect men and noble nations, but it does not tell the truth.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/04/opinion/crt-backlash-du-bois.html
"

Chuck Naill
February 5th, 2022, 06:35 AM
I think there is a tendency to think all this occurred a long time ago and after Emancipation everyone lived happily ever after. There were predominantly black neighborhoods where I grew up, but it never occurred to me that those neighborhoods didn't occur by choice, but the only places these folks could buy a house. Banks didn't make loans, jobs were not available. If we do not know the truth, we will be guilty of telling a bootless man to pull himself up by his boot straps.

My adopted child is part African, Western European, and Semitic. That tells you who was around.

TSherbs
February 5th, 2022, 06:42 AM

"Republican lawmakers in 37 states have introduced dozens of bills to restrict teaching on the subject of race and racism under the guise of opposition to “critical race theory.” In 14 states, restrictions have either passed into law or been imposed through either executive action or on the authority of a state education commission. One such law, passed in Texas, prohibits teaching that “slavery and racism are anything other than deviations from, betrayals of, or failures to live up to the authentic founding principles of the United States, which include liberty and equality.”

One predictable outcome of this frenzy — which includes state lawmakers scrutinizing K-12 and college curriculums for “indoctrination” — is a chilling effect in classrooms, as any attempt to teach an accurate history of racism in the United States is placed under hostile scrutiny. Educators accused of indoctrinating students with “critical race theory” have reported threats and physical harassment, and some schools — in Alabama, for example — are now defending their Black History Month programs from similar accusations of subversion."

From Du Bois:

"“We must forget,” he writes, “that George Washington was a slave owner, or that Thomas Jefferson had mulatto children … and simply remember the things we regard as creditable and inspiring.” The difficulty with this approach, he continues, “is that history loses its value and incentive and example; it paints perfect men and noble nations, but it does not tell the truth.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/04/opinion/crt-backlash-du-bois.html
"
One similar law about not teaching difficult topics around race and history was introduced in my state (by a Republican member). The bill failed to pass. I had already decided that I would ignore it if it came into effect before I retired. Well see if another attempt is made.

Chuck Naill
February 5th, 2022, 06:45 AM
Just got this from a long time friend.

It is Time We had a White History Month
https://writesomeshit.com/2021/02/01/it-is-time-we-had-a-white-history-month/

TSherbs
February 5th, 2022, 06:49 AM
The problem, as I see it, is that America is addicted, psychologically, to its mythology and has not yet grown up. We are an adolescent nation still unwilling to accept the broken, dirty truths of its parents and how these truths (distortions of perception and injustices) course through our own veins too.

It's time for America to stop being such a baby and grow the fuck up.

Chuck Naill
February 5th, 2022, 07:08 AM
I am reminded of this verse in 2 Corinthians 7:10.

"For the kind of sorrow God wants us to experience leads us away from sin and results in salvation. There’s no regret for that kind of sorrow. But worldly sorrow, which lacks repentance, results in spiritual death."

Chuck Naill
February 5th, 2022, 07:58 AM
The problem, as I see it, is that America is addicted, psychologically, to its mythology and has not yet grown up. We are an adolescent nation still unwilling to accept the broken, dirty truths of its parents and how these truths (distortions of perception and injustices) course through our own veins too.

I am finding out about what Whoopi Goldberg said. Anyone is capable of not understanding history.

724Seney
February 5th, 2022, 08:32 AM

Personally, I find it reassuring to know that our schools are filled with teachers who will nurture and support our children as they try to develop their own minds and opinions.
Professionals who will challenge our kids to seek the truth and use their own minds to interpret its meanings.
It would be awful to think that our kids were being exposed to a bunch of woke, moral zealots who do everything using their pedagogical power to poison the children's minds with their own personal, guilt ridden, spite and venom.

Chuck Naill
February 5th, 2022, 08:55 AM
I have always benefited from truth or what is true. Truth is objective or it is not truth at all. Truth cannot be something I fabricate out of my anger or preferences. What is true is real, practical, and tangible. If an educator tells me white people used African slaves to build wealth and took lands being used by those here before them, it is not a fabrication or "wokeness", but rather something that is verifiably true.

White people have used the excuse that they benefitted those they subjugated. Can that be supported? How would you find out? This process of "finding out" is the role the educator provides.

There is nothing worse than discovering you've not been told the truth.

724Seney
February 5th, 2022, 09:24 AM
I have always benefited from truth or what is true. Truth is objective or it is not truth at all. Truth cannot be something I fabricate out of my anger or preferences. What is true is real, practical, and tangible. If an educator tells me white people used African slaves to build wealth and took lands being used by those here before them, it is not a fabrication or "wokeness", but rather something that is verifiably true.

White people have used the excuse that they benefitted those they subjugated. Can that be supported? How would you find out? This process of "finding out" is the role the educator provides.

You raise a good point, one which has everything it needs to become a superb teaching exercise. The right way to go about this is not to tell the kids what "you" think (eg. white people used and abused slaves and forever on have lived as scum bag, white supremacists) but instead to pose the issue as a question for the kids to research, discuss among themselves and then come back to class prepared to present their reasons for believing one side or the other.

So: "Class, there is evidence to support the view point that the colonial land owners used African slaves to build wealth and also took lands being used by those here before them. However, there are those who maintain that the slaves & others who were used by those property owners actually benefitted from the relationship. Your assignment is to carefully examine the evidence which support and/or refute these viewpoints and come back to class prepared to discuss and defend your conclusion using a data / evidenced based approach."

NOT: "Class, we are an adolescent nation still unwilling to accept the broken, dirty truths of its parents and how these truths (distortions of perception and injustices) course through our own veins too. It's time for America to stop being such a baby and grow the fuck up."

Chuck Naill
February 5th, 2022, 09:29 AM

You raise a good point, one which has everything it needs to become a superb teaching exercise. The right way to go about this is not to tell the kids what "you" think (eg. white people used and abused slaves and forever on have lived as scum bag, white supremacists) but instead to pose the issue as a question for the kids to research, discuss among themselves and then come back to class prepared to present their reasons for believing one side or the other.

So: "Class, there is evidence to support the view point that the colonial land owners used African slaves to build wealth and also took lands being used by those here before them. However, there are those who maintain that the slaves & others who were used by those property owners actually benefitted from the relationship. Your assignment is to carefully examine the evidence which support and/or refute these viewpoints and come back to class prepared to discuss and defend your conclusion using a data / evidenced based approach."

NOT: "Class, we are an adolescent nation still unwilling to accept the broken, dirty truths of its parents and how these truths (distortions of perception and injustices) course through our own veins too. It's time for America to stop being such a baby and grow the fuck up."

But why would you even suggest that millions of forced migrated people benefitted? 5 million perished on the way.....

To even suggest it shows historical ignorance. It is the same as suggesting that the Civil War was about states rights or the Alamo was about Texas independence. There is an old saying, if you give people enough rope they will hang themselves.

TSherbs
February 5th, 2022, 11:14 AM
You're making my point, Seney. Every time I suggest that we have cultural responsibility for the privilege we have as whites in a culture tipped in our favor, you dodge, deny, evade, mock, whatever.

By the way, your slavery research debate topic was racist in its amoral disregard of the heinous crime of chattel bondage. On behalf of all persons who would be outraged (I certainly am) at the suggestion that slavery was good for slaves, go fuck yourself.

Chuck Naill
February 5th, 2022, 11:28 AM
Shit fire, Ted😂😂😂

kazoolaw
February 5th, 2022, 03:20 PM
By the way, your slavery research debate topic was racist in its amoral disregard of the heinous crime of chattel bondage. On behalf of all persons who would be outraged (I certainly am) at the suggestion that slavery was good for slaves, go fuck yourself.

Curious: have you never heard a claim that slavery benefited slaves? I have. I've heard the Holocaust denied.

Is it that you're not used to directing students in their research? Rather than standing up in front of a class and lecturing for hours on end, why not let the class convince itself of the horrors and inhumanity of slavery? Assemble source material for them to use. Send them to the slave quarters on a plantation via video, to the slave auction in Charleston. Let them discover the separation of families. Let them see the snake-like scars on the back of a slave. Incorporate Uncle Tom's Cabin, and have them explore why it had such an impact. Seems like the movie Glory would be a good tie-in as well. Do a unit on the Underground Railroad. Expose them to the Dred Scott decision. Use the diagram Chuck's posted of how slaves were packed in on slave ships, let them find the mortality rate of those ships, and how the sick and the dead were thrown overboard.

Same thing for the Holocaust: Kristallnacht, yellow Stars of David, race laws, Auschwitz, the Final Solution, the Warsaw Ghetto. All there to be seen and explored.

There are so many resources available to a teacher. Along the way they'll also improve their research skills, and maybe even their writing skills. Ask them questions along the way for them to explain their conclusions, and maybe even have them figure out what they've missed. It sure beats them sitting and listening to lecture after lecture after....

724Seney
February 5th, 2022, 03:20 PM
You're making my point, Seney. Every time I suggest that we have cultural responsibility for the privilege we have as whites in a culture tipped in our favor, you dodge, deny, evade, mock, whatever.

@TSherbs: The way you use words and problem solve is compelling evidence that you should be kept a million miles away from young, inquiring minds.
What a disgrace..........

TSherbs
February 5th, 2022, 04:26 PM

@TSherbs: The way you use words and problem solve is compelling evidence that you should be kept a million miles away from young, inquiring minds.

I know you don't like it when I call out your racism. Your only response, each time, is to attack my teaching rather than defend your comments against the charge. You keep making my point, Seney: you dodge, dip, spin, etc, but never address the issue of latent or overt racism.

Maybe you even deny that racism exists.

Let's take your question another way: how about if I assign as a research topic in my classroom whether or not rape improves the lives of victims? You know, to children, including several young persons who will likely have to fend off assault or rape or abuse at some point in their lives, or perhaps already have. And, according to the logic of your assignment about the potential "benefits" of chattel slavery (which included beatings, abuse, rape, forced labor, family separations, and murder without consequence), I would be a good teacher in giving this assignment to a group of children (which, by the way, would likely include some descendants of Americans treated in this morally criminally heinous way) and to allow, in the implication of the equality of debate positions (pro and con), that to view chattel slavery (and rape, and abuse, and murder, and the ownership of one person over another) as somehow otherwise "beneficial" to those being beaten, raped, worked to death, and sold from owner to owner.

What, owners let them have clothes, so....??

You're fucking crazy. You have NO IDEA what you are talking about. Do you not understand how racist and craven your suggestion was?

724Seney
February 5th, 2022, 04:58 PM

I know you don't like it when I call out your racism. Your only response, each time, is to attack my teaching rather than defend your comments against the charge. You keep making my point, Seney: you dodge, dip, spin, etc, but never address the issue of latent or overt racism.

Let's take your question another way: how about if I assign as a research topic in my classroom whether or not rape improves the lives of victims? You know, to children, including several young persons who will likely have to fend off assault or rape or abuse at some point in their lives, or perhaps already have. And, according to the logic of your assignment about the potential "benefits" of chattel slavery (which included beatings, abuse, rape, forced labor, family separations, and murder without consequence), I would be a good teacher in giving this assignment to a group of children (which, by the way, would likely include some descendants of Americans treated in this morally criminally heinous way) and to allow, in the implication of the equality of debate positions (pro and con), that to view chattel slavery (and rape, and abuse, and murder, and the ownership of one person over another) as somehow otherwise "beneficial" to those being beaten, raped, worked to death, and sold from owner to owner.

You're fucking crazy. You have NO IDEA what you are talking about. Do you not understand how racist and craven your suggestion was?

Understand? No, I guess I don't.

My suggestion gets to the fundamental issue as to how a teacher should promote active learning among his or her students. As opposed to trying to proselytize them to believe that his or her view is the correct one and any other is to be both dismissed & disparaged.

You, however, believe otherwise. Evidently your belief is the teacher's role is proselytization-disparagement-dismissal. So, not surprisingly you attack my view as "racist, craven and fucking crazy." As I said before, you are not well enough educated to find a way to express things in the manner that one would expect of a learned professional. Nor do you know how to problem solve.

Whether I agreed with you or not, if I were the parent of a child in your class, they would be out of there immediately. You represent a clear and present danger to the children good people entrust to you. Shame on you & pity the children

THAT's what I understand.

TSherbs
February 5th, 2022, 05:21 PM

My suggestion gets to the fundamental issue as to how a teacher should promote active learning among his or her students.

No shit, Sherlock. As if I don't assign research and have debates and discussions. Every day.

Again, you have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

And again, you dodge the racialized issue of the TOPIC that *you* assigned for consideration. It was ignorant, racist, and ill-thought out. I even gave you an analogy to comment on, which you declined to do.

My point is that *I*, being a professional teacher who actually does care about the lives and minds of his students, would NEVER assign for discussion or debate the TOPIC that *you* suggested. I would be fired for doing that, you fool.

In the same way that you would be fired (or should be anyway) if you assigned this TOPIC in your Sunday School class: Debate the suffering and/or benefits of child abuse by church leaders in the lives of the victims.

You dodged the issue of the topic that I suggested and then claimed that I preach or lecture or make political pronouncements (which I never do and am not allowed to do according to the terms of my contract). My point isn't about research, fool. It is about THE TOPIC.

Let's see if you'll just keep slamming me as a teacher, or whether you will amend your topic suggestion to be less insensitive toward the heinous immorality of slavery.

TSherbs
February 5th, 2022, 05:36 PM
Just as an example, Seney, I will share that I teach The Autobiography of Malcolm-X. And before you go all wiggy and suggest that I am a CRT maniac preaching white-hate and corrupting the minds of my students, we actually discuss and examine the various ways in which Malcolm is also racist and limited in his views (he is sexist and anti-Semitic, also, at times). Malcolm was a very complicated and troubled person, and we discuss and acknowledge ALL OF THIS. It is plain for all to see when/if you actually read the text (which we do). I don't preach anything (this isn't church), well, except "Do your reading and do your own thinking." Maybe you have some sort of past beef with your school or some teacher, but in castigating me you are ill-informed and barking up the wrong tree. I teach an entire course on resistance and rebellion and independent thinking. But I don't suffer fools easily, nor do I appreciate (or reward) lazy thinking. And particularly not when it becomes racist, sexist, cruel, abusive, or just plain factually wrong. We stop all the time and look things up during class to make sure that our facts are right. I have a bevy of kids who fact-check me, which I encourage.

I am guilty on these pages of crude language among those whom I assume are adults and are free to exit should they wish.

So back the fuck off with this lousy teacher bullshit and get back to the point: white privilege and systemic racism. I'm over 60 years old, I've been a principal (decades ago), a department chairperson, and won an award for my teaching. Honestly, from my point of view, only a white person of limited experience in this matter would ever suggest the topic that you suggested. And you have done this several times, and I don't feel like reading it without comment today.

Wait, something just dawned on me. How old are you?

724Seney
February 5th, 2022, 05:40 PM

My suggestion gets to the fundamental issue as to how a teacher should promote active learning among his or her students.

No shit, Sherlock. As if I don't assign research and have debates and discussions. Every day.

Again, you have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

And again, you dodge the racialized issue of the TOPIC that *you* assigned for consideration. It was ignorant, racist, and ill-thought out. I even gave you an analogy to comment on, which you declined to do.

My point is that *I*, being a professional teacher who actually does care about the lives and minds of his students, would NEVER assign for discussion or debate the TOPIC that *you* suggested. I would be fired for doing that, you fool.

In the same way that you would be fired (or should be anyway) if you assigned this TOPIC in your Sunday School class: Debate the suffering and/or benefits of child abuse by church leaders in the lives of the victims.

You dodged the issue of the topic that I suggested and then claimed that I preach or lecture or make political pronouncements (which I never do and am not allowed to do according to the terms of my contract). My point isn't about research, fool. It is about THE TOPIC.

Let's see if you'll just keep slamming me as a teacher, or whether you will amend your topic suggestion to be less insensitive toward the heinous immorality of slavery.

The title of this thread is "Stupid Son of a Bitch."
It was started as a discussion about Joe Biden and his attack on a reporter over inflation.

But you and your one trick pony clone @Chuck Naill have turned it into the same woke rant you have inserted into every other thread here the past few months.

Turns out, this thread really is all about a stupid son of a bitch.............
And, you, @TSherbs are the star of the show.

TSherbs
February 5th, 2022, 05:51 PM
Nevermind my book talk, Seney.

Maybe another time.

Chuck Naill
February 5th, 2022, 06:52 PM
We’ve done all we can, Ted. Truman once said people say I give them hell. He responded, I don’t give them hell. I tell them the truth and they think it’s hell.

724Seney
February 5th, 2022, 07:11 PM
We’ve done all we can, Ted. Truman once said people say I give them hell. He responded, I don’t give them hell. I tell them the truth and they think it’s hell.

:pound:
And Forrest Gump once said "Stupid is what stupid does Sir."

You are two clueless, one trick ponies who are lost on Planet Woke.

Chuck Naill
February 5th, 2022, 07:30 PM
We are anything but clueless, sir. And if you had the brain God gave a goose, you’d know so yourself. No, ours is a position of inconvenience for you and that’s why you’re so upset .

724Seney
February 5th, 2022, 07:45 PM
We are anything but clueless, sir. And if you had the brain God gave a goose, you’d know so yourself. No, ours is a position of inconvenience for you and that’s why you’re so upset .

If all I had was the brain God gave a goose, I would still have a helluva lot more brains than you have Chuck.

As for anything you have representing an "inconvenience" to me.......don't flatter yourself.

Chuck Naill
February 5th, 2022, 08:11 PM
Our posterity demands to know the truth. Educators and even more so parents and grand parents must tell those for which they have charge how things are lest they go one day forward believing a lie.

724Seney
February 5th, 2022, 08:54 PM
Our posterity demands to know the truth. Educators and even more so parents and grand parents must tell those for which they have charge how things are lest they go one day forward believing a lie.

Oh, I agree completely. But the operative word is truth and the truth, often times, is more complex than what one person thinks or believes it to be. You know well that there are often two sides, if not more, to every story. Yet what you and TSherbs think is there is only one version of the truth... your version.... and that is the only side of the story which should be told. Give our kids some credit. Don't tell them the way it is according to you; instead give them the resources to discover it for themselves and challenge them to do so. This is what being an active, lifelong learner is all about. Not is the long antiquated pedagogy of force feeding and discouraging any thinking or questioning. A pedagogy which you clearly embrace. I'm not even going to get into what that ideology is known to be..........

You like biblical references Chuck. Remember John 8:32?? "The truth shall set you free." My impression is that you, TSherbs and countless other left liberal wokes are scared to death that unless you proselytize people to believe what you believe they may actually come to a different conclusion. And, of course, any conclusion other than what you believe is a terrible conclusion, because it is wrong. Why is it wrong? Simple, it is not what you believe to be true. End of story.

What you and your politically correct, breast beating cronies want to create is a generation of leftist lemmings who grow up hating their racist, white supremacist parents and our likewise racist Country. Because that's what you say is the truth.
What I want is for kids to be active, independent learners. To come to their own fact and data based conclusions. Let the truth set them free. And, if given the opportunity to be independent, active learners who are evidence based in their conclusions I'll love & support them..... no matter what they believe.

TSherbs
February 6th, 2022, 05:35 AM
Sounds good, Seney.

Chuck Naill
February 6th, 2022, 05:59 AM
Same here, Seney. However, what I post is not a fabrication of my mind nor anything to do with being a member of some political persuasion. Everything is housed in the US public libraries. When I use the word truth, it came from writers and historians.

What I am learning from Marcus Rediker's book, The Slave Ship is the hell produced for everyone involved, except the capitalists, in bringing 12 million Africans to suffer in misery while producing 297 million tons of sugar, 3.77 million gallons of rum, 73 million tons of cotton, and 84 million tons of tobacco. He mentions the D'Wolfe, Morice, and Laurens families wealth that was generated by slave labor.

He talks not only of African suffering, but the toll taken on the white sailors with regard to disease, injury, and death. D'Wolfe was a captain, merchant, and finally a politician, who grew wealthy as the result of slave trade.

https://www.marcusrediker.com/

If I were Joe Biden, I would sponsor a National Day of Contrition.
" Behold, the LORD'S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear. For your hands are defiled with blood, and your fingers with iniquity; your lips have spoken lies, your tongue hath muttered perverseness. None calleth for justice, nor any pleadeth for truth: they trust in vanity, and speak lies; they conceive mischief, and bring forth iniquity." Isaiah 59:1

Then set to work in mending what is broken so that a nation can heal and thrive.

Of course never apologizing has become an American past time among some in leadership.

Regarding reparations, or restitutions. If I steal your money and property, would you settle for an apology, or do you also want your stuff back?

Chuck Naill
February 6th, 2022, 08:00 AM
"What is true, Serwer says, is that “the Nazi Holocaust in Europe and slavery and Jim Crow in the United States are outgrowths of the same ideology — the belief that human beings can be delineated into categories that share immutable biological traits distinguishing them from one another and determining their potential and behavior.” Nazi antisemitism may not have been based on a “color line” like the one that defined anti-Black racism in the United States, but it was based on a racial conception of humanity all the same."
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/05/opinion/whoopi-goldberg-race-history.html

Chuck Naill
February 6th, 2022, 08:51 AM
So, why is Lisa Cook’s credentials being called into question?
https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2022/02/03/lisa-cook-federal-reserve-board-governors/6649642001/

724Seney
February 6th, 2022, 09:19 AM
Same here, Seney. However, what I post is not a fabrication of my mind nor anything to do with being a member of some political persuasion. Everything is housed in the US public libraries. When I use the word truth, it came from writers and historians.

I see....so what you believe to be the "truth" is that which is housed in the US public libraries and comes from writers and historians.
At long last we agree on something.
Me too.

The difference between you and me is you believe the truth is only that which you read and agree with.........only a selected portion of that which is "housed in the US public libraries and comes from writers and historians."
A convenient truth, so to speak.

I believe the truth is something broader and likely has components of most everything which is "housed in the US public libraries and comes from writers and historians." And I believe it this broader body of knowledge which is what our kids (and any others) should have access to so to enable them to become active learners. Inquiring minds who read all accounts, share opinions and ask critical questions of others.

But since you and TSherbs are either unwilling, unable...or both....to acknowledge there are other opinions and points of view (all "housed in the US public libraries and comes from writers and historians") you are not who you profess to be. You are close minded, disingenuous lemmings. One trick ponies who spew their narrow minded, politically correct bullshit at any and every opportunity.

And that sir is the truth, inconvenient as it may well be.

TSherbs
February 6th, 2022, 09:31 AM
Seney, when you begin to address any of the specifics about my objections, I'll give your comments more thought.

Until then, please leave my name out of your replies to Chuck.

724Seney
February 6th, 2022, 09:39 AM
Thanks TSherbs.
Your objections have nothing to do with the issue I am trying to address. You've completely ignored it because you are incapable of making a post which is not filled with profanities and/or accusations of racism.

As for the matter of your objections, I'm not going to waste my time engaging you about a matter for which your mind is already made up; one for which you have proven in just about all your posts that you are unwilling to consider anything other than that which you already believe.

As for your beliefs, quite frankly I don't care what you believe or don't believe. Just don't use your privilege as a teacher of grade school kids to poison their minds. You hate our County and anybody who is Caucasian??? Fine, have at it. But, leave our kids alone.

Last, sorry, you cannot tell me what to do and not do. I'll do as I please. If you don't like it, put me on your list of blocked FPG members.

TSherbs
February 6th, 2022, 09:43 AM
It was a request, Seney. Entirely in polite terms.

Chuck Naill
February 6th, 2022, 09:48 AM
Oh no, my truth is not something I read and agree. It took me years to have to admit that I lacked understanding, as a white person. It required hours of conversation, observation, and reading. It is just like you assuming something about me, that is your real problem. Don’t assume you know anything about me. Check out what I say or share and decide for yourself. I’m not hear to sell ideas . Hopefully that’s clear.

TSherbs
February 6th, 2022, 09:50 AM

I agree.

Several countries have done this in Europe and in Africa. We even have paid reparations to the Japanese who were interred here in the US.

Chuck Naill
February 6th, 2022, 09:54 AM
Truth is interesting. Anyone alive and that saw the attack on the US capital and previous speech by Trump can see what occurred. It is related to reconstructing a crime scene. The investigation is not based on the investigators preferred interpretation.

When people suggest that everyone had their personal truth, truth becomes meaningless.

Chuck Naill
February 6th, 2022, 10:01 AM

I agree.

Several countries have done this in Europe and in Africa. We even have paid reparations to the Japanese who were interred here in the US.

We are afraid of a minority of highly vocal people. In the scriptures God was not asking Israel to repent to harm them. It was for their benefit.

We have lost the concept of admitting wrong and saying “I’m sorry”. It’s been portrayed as weak when it’s strong. It takes a person of confidence to admit a wrong. Only the weak hold into a wrong.

724Seney
February 6th, 2022, 10:09 AM
It was a request, Seney. Entirely in polite terms.

Maybe it was and maybe it wasn't.
It really is of no matter to me.

I got engaged in this thread which was opened to discuss our President and an interaction he had with a reporter over a question on inflation.
You and Chuck hijacked it and turned it into one of your usual rants about racism, etc., etc. In so far as that is concerned, I really don't care what you think or believe.
Sadly, you do not extend the same courtesy to me or anybody else who does not think like you. You creed seems to be "One way. My Way."

Engage you? Why would I? It's a total waste of my time because your mind is made up. You will nothing but offend and attack me or anyone else who offers an alternative other point of view. And you expect us to believe that this is not the way you behave in your classroom??? Give me a break!

Given all this and the fact that this thread has been permanently derailed by you guys, I am going to move on and utilize my time more effectively.... either in other threads or something else on my "to-do" list.
So, maybe its not the way you hoped it would happen, but your request is granted. No more posts from me in this particular thread and so no use of your name in a response to the other guy relative to this thread.

But, if you start in with your nonsense in a future thread which begins on a topic far from that which consumes your every waking moment but you see fit to hijack it, as per usual, I'll be there to call you out.

Have a nice day. (Said in entirely polite terms)

Chuck Naill
February 6th, 2022, 10:18 AM
Lol!!😂😂😂😂😂

TSherbs
February 6th, 2022, 10:31 AM
<eye roll>

TSherbs
February 6th, 2022, 10:34 AM

I agree.

We are afraid of a minority of highly vocal people. In the scriptures God was not asking Israel to repent to harm them. It was for their benefit.

We have lost the concept of admitting wrong and saying “I’m sorry”. It’s been portrayed as weak when it’s strong. It takes a person of confidence to admit a wrong. Only the weak hold into a wrong.

I think in part the country is afraid of how much it owes the African-American community for 400 years of degradation, abuse, and theft of services. The class action settlement would be staggering. Not to mention the blow such an admission would mean to our precarious hold onto the idea of white European Christian exceptional ism. Ouch!

TSherbs
February 6th, 2022, 10:38 AM
I had read some years ago that there was a panel of lawyers methodically working up a class action lawsuit for damages for slavery and Jim Crow. I have not read anything more recent, nor can I remember details.

Chuck Naill
February 6th, 2022, 10:41 AM

I agree.

I think in part the country is afraid of how much it owes the African-American community for 400 years of degradation, abuse, and theft of services. The class action settlement would be staggering. Not to mention the blow such an admission would mean to our precarious hold onto the idea of white European Christian exceptional ism. Ouch!

Of course and I agree. Contrition and restitution always is costly in the short term. What is the value of a clear conscience? It is one of those life contradictions. We hold on to things that cause great ruin.

If it ever happens, the benefit would far outweigh the costs.

Chuck Naill
February 6th, 2022, 10:46 AM
Gone with the Wind was once one of my favorite movies. I had this idealistic idea of slavery. I remember the slaves fanning the southern bells while they took an afternoon nap. Who the fuck would do that voluntarily?

Chuck Naill
February 6th, 2022, 10:49 AM
Assisted Living facilities pay $9 per hour to girls providing care for residents paying $6000 per month .

Chuck Naill
February 6th, 2022, 10:49 AM
The spirit of slavery is alive and well.

Chuck Naill
February 6th, 2022, 11:11 AM
I’m reminded …
https://www.google.com/search?q=the+lonely+voice+of+youth+cries+what+is+t ruth&client=safari&sxsrf=APq-WBsdKKc4MnT_-X1LfUW2N844r43Gcg%3A1644171046228&ei=Jg8AYuv-DOawqtsP1v6wiAI&oq=the+voice+or+youth+what+is+truth&gs_lcp=ChNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwEAEYADIICAAQCBA NEB4yCAghEBYQHRAeMggIIRAWEB0QHjIICCEQFhAdEB4yCAghE BYQHRAeMggIIRAWEB0QHjIICCEQFhAdEB4yCAghEBYQHRAeOgc IABBHELADOgQILhANOgQIABANOgUIABCRAjoICC4QgAQQsQM6C wguEIAEELEDEIMBOgsILhCABBDHARCvAToFCC4QkQI6CAguELE DEJECOgUIABCABDoICAAQgAQQsQM6BQguEIAEOgcIABCABBAKO gYIABAWEB46CAgAEBYQChAeOgUIIRCgAToGCAAQDRAeOgoILhD HARCvARANOgcIIRAKEKABOgUIIRCrAkoECEEYAFC3B1j8qAFgt 7sBaANwAngBgAGxA4gB4DaSAQs1LjE3LjEyLjEuMpgBAKABAcg BCMABAQ&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp

Chuck Naill
February 6th, 2022, 11:16 AM
This song came about when I was a youth.

Chuck Naill
February 6th, 2022, 11:18 AM
People weren’t honest then. WW2 vets were comparing their day to Vietnam. We now know truth.