PDA

View Full Version : Durham investigation

dneal
March 6th, 2022, 06:34 AM
Curiously, this seems to be getting no attention in certain media circles or here.

JUSTICE DEPT PRESS RELEASE ON SUSSMAN INDICTMENT (https://www.justice.gov/sco/pr/grand-jury-indicts-dc-attorney-making-false-statements-fbi-2016-regarding-alleged)

Grand Jury Indicts D.C. Attorney with Making False Statements to the FBI in 2016 Regarding Alleged Communications Between Trump Organization and Russian Bank

Special Counsel John Durham today announced that a federal grand jury returned an indictment in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia charging Michael A. Sussmann, 57, a Washington, D.C.-based attorney, with making a false statement to the FBI on Sept. 19, 2016. The charge in the indictment stems from a set of allegations brought by Sussmann to the FBI related to an alleged secret channel of communications between the Trump Organization and a Russian bank.

Sussmann is expected to make his initial appearance in the D.C. federal court as soon as tomorrow. The court will schedule the appearance.

As alleged in the indictment, on Sept. 19, 2016, Sussman, a lawyer at a large international law firm, met with the FBI General Counsel at FBI Headquarters in Washington, D.C. Sussmann had requested the meeting to provide the General Counsel with certain data files and “white papers” that allegedly demonstrated a covert communications channel between the Trump Organization and a Russia-based bank. Sussmann, who had previously represented the Democratic National Committee in connection with a cyber hack, falsely stated to the General Counsel that he was not bringing these allegations to the FBI on behalf of any client. This false representation led the General Counsel to understand that Sussmann was providing information as a good citizen rather than a paid advocate or political operative. In fact, Sussmann assembled and conveyed the allegations to the FBI on behalf of at least two clients, including a U.S. technology executive and the Clinton Presidential Campaign.

It is alleged that beginning in July 2016, Sussmann worked with the aforementioned U.S. technology executive, other cyber researchers, and a U.S.-based investigative firm to assemble the data and white papers that Sussmann ultimately provided to the FBI and the media. The technology executive, for his part, exploited his access to non-public data at multiple internet companies and enlisted the assistance of researchers at a U.S.-based university who were receiving and analyzing internet data in connection with a pending federal government cybersecurity research contract designed to identify the perpetrators of malicious cyber-attacks and protect U.S. national security. The indictment further alleges that researchers were tasked to mine this internet data to establish “an inference” and “narrative” that would tie then-presidential candidate Donald Trump to Russia, and which the executive believed would please certain “VIPs.” The indictment also alleges that Sussmann, his law firm, and the technology executive coordinated with representatives and agents of the Clinton Campaign in these efforts.

It is further alleged that Sussmann’s false statement misled FBI personnel and deprived the FBI of information that might have permitted it more fully to assess and uncover the origins of the relevant data and analysis, including the identities and motivations of Sussmann’s clients.

The FBI ultimately determined that there was insufficient evidence to support the allegations of a secret communications channel between the Trump Organization and the Russia-based bank.

This case is being prosecuted by Assistant Special Counsel Andrew DeFilippis and Assistant Special Counsel Michael T. Keilty, with the support and assistance of other members of Special Counsel Durham’s team. The Special Counsel’s investigation is ongoing.

But who is this Sussman guy? Turns out Michael Sussmann was the General Counsel of Hillary Clinton, during the 2016 Presidential campaign, and the General Counsel for the DNC.

He was a partner at Perkins Coie (he resigned subsequent to being indicted). Who does Perkins Coie represent? Perkins Coie is the main law firm and the counsel of record for the Democratic Party, and for:

the Democratic National Committee
the Democratic Leadership Council
the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee
the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee

Full 27 page Sussman indictment here (https://www.justice.gov/sco/press-release/file/1433511/download)

Chuck Naill
March 6th, 2022, 07:01 AM
"In September, the Justice Department brought an indictment against a cybersecurity lawyer with connections to the Democratic Party, accusing him of lying to the FBI in 2016 when he peddled a story about how the Trump Organization had hidden connections with a Russian bank.

The charges came from an investigation led by John Durham, who former Attorney General Bill Barr had appointed to investigate the origins of the FBI investigation into former President Donald Trump's ties to Russia.

As president, Trump hoped that Durham would "go after" former FBI Director James Comey, Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, and others he blamed for the Mueller probe. For vague reasons, he also wanted Durham to investigate former President Barack Obama and now-President Joe Biden, his opponent in the 2020 presidential election. Barr appointed Durham as special counsel, ensuring that the investigation would continue after Biden took office."
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/we-still-dont-know-why-a-trump-server-has-mysterious-connections-to-a-russian-bank-despite-a-doj-indictment/ar-AAP37uY

dneal
March 6th, 2022, 10:37 AM
For vague reasons, he also wanted Durham to investigate former President Barack Obama and now-President Joe Biden

Oh the reasons were not vague at all. He plainly said they were spying on him. He was laughed at. Barr admitted the same. He was laughed at.

Now the Durham indictment (the 27 page document linked above) describes how they were indeed spying on him.

f. On or about August 19, 2016, SUSSMANN and Campaign Lawyer-1 conducted an additional in-person meeting that appeared in SUSSMANN's calendar as "Meeting with [Tech Executive-1 's first name]." SUSSMANN billed this time to the Clinton Campaign within the billing description stating, in part, "confidential meeting with [Campaign Lawyer-I], others[.]"
g. Later in or about August 2016, Tech Executive-I exchanged emails with personnel from the U.S. Investigative Firm.

Tech Executive-I Uses His Access at Multiple Internet Companies to onduct Opposition Research and Create a "Narrative Regarding Trump

21. As alleged in further detail below, in or around the same time period - and infurtherance of his efforts with SUSSMANN and Campaign Lawyer- I to disseminate allegations regarding Trump - Tech Executive-1 used his access at multiple organizations to gather and mine public and non-public Internet data regarding Trump and his associates, with the goal of creating a "narrative" regarding the candidate's ties to Russia.

22. Tech Executive-1 later shared certain results of these data searches and analysis with SUSSMANN so that SUSSMANN, in turn, could provide them to the media and the FBI.

Tech Executive-I Obtains Internet Data Relating to Trump from Internet Company-2

a. For example, in or about early August 2016 - the same time period of his aforementioned communications with SUSSMANN and Campaign Lawyer-I - Tech Executive* I directed and caused employees of two companies in which he had an ownership interest ("Internet Company-2" and "Internet Company-3") to search and analyze their holdings of public
and non-public internet data for derogatory information on Trump.
b. At all times relevant to this Indictment, Internet Company-2 was a company that,
among other things, collected DNS data from various points on the Internet.
c. At all times relevant to this Indictment, Internet Company-3 was owned by the same company as Internet Company-2. As part of its business, Internet Company-3 received data that had been collected by Internet Company-2 or its parent company, and then used and analyzed that
data in order to advise its private sector customers on cybersecurity and business risks.
d. In or about early August 2016, Tech Executive-I called an individual at Internet Company-3. During the call, Tech Executive-I instructed the individual to task Internet Company-3 employees to search for any Internet data reflecting potential connections or
communications between Trump or his associates and Russia.
In connection with this tasking, Tech Executive-1 later stated that he was working with someone who had close ties to the Democratic Party and to Hillary Clinton.
f. The aforementioned individual and other personnel at Internet Company-3 were uncomfortable regarding this tasking from Tech Executive-I because they believed that using the companies' data in this manner was inappropriate. They complied with the tasking, however, because Tech Executive- I was a powerful figure at both companies.

You read and post partisan news articles. Note that my links are to the DOJ and the actual indictment document from the grand jury. Now run along and try to find some article, or claim that you have to "verify" an indictment document on the Department of Justice's official site.

Your "Russia Collusion", bought and paid for (like the Steele Dossier) by the Democrats. You can't see that, because you are in an echo-chamber. You think that makes me pro-Trump, because you are in an echo-chamber.

NoeAustin
July 21st, 2022, 06:37 PM
Wow, what an investigation. I bet it was much harder to find out because all those international conspiracies are very well classified. Well, at least it would be hard if it were true, but in my opinion, it's just some well-crafted fiction. I was once served by military lawyers, or Coast Guard criminal defense lawyers, from https://ucmjdefense.com/coast-guard-military-defense-lawyers-court-martial-attorneys.html. And in the process of talking to them, I did not find out any conspiracy. And I know how to convince, so I think what is written here is nonsense.

Chip
July 21st, 2022, 09:25 PM
:deadhorse: