PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had any dealings with eBay Seller Zeaggars

Paul-H
August 13th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Hi Guys

Anyone ever had any dealings with ebay seller Zeaggers based in Hong Kong.

They sell High end pens, Montblanc, Pelikan, St Dupont etc at prices that should indicate they are selling genuine items and they do have good feedback as well.

Just wondering if they where known on here.

Thanks for any feedback on them.

Paul

mmahany
August 13th, 2013, 10:30 AM
You may want to be a bit more specific.

The website name is Zeaggars (you spelled it two different ways)

The ebay seller name is: Luke_Nellen

With a feedback score of 1875 and 99.5% positive feedback. I think you can buy with confidence knowing they are selling authentic items.

Of note: The only negative feedback they received in the past 12 months was for a pack of refills that had expired.

bluefeathers
August 14th, 2013, 06:38 PM
I remember doing some research on them and found an overlap with fake montblancs sold on another website that begins with a 'j'. I can't remember how I arrived at the conclusion that it was probably the same vendor (maybe from pictures, do a google search of the item). I'm sorry that I can't give you more specific info--that's just my general recollection of it, but I would hesitate to buy pens from hong kong if it's one of the brands that's commonly faked.

mmahany
August 15th, 2013, 08:02 PM
I remember doing some research on them and found an overlap with fake montblancs sold on another website that begins with a 'j'. I can't remember how I arrived at the conclusion that it was probably the same vendor (maybe from pictures, do a google search of the item). I'm sorry that I can't give you more specific info--that's just my general recollection of it, but I would hesitate to buy pens from hong kong if it's one of the brands that's commonly faked.
So you can't remember why, but you "found an overlap with fake Montblanc pens?" Did you actually research this or are you making an ignorant statement only because they're from Hong Kong?

I should mention that Hong Kong has more millionaires (114,000) than Wyoming, North Dakota, Vermont, South Dakota, Alaska, Montana, Delaware, and Rhode Island COMBINED. Maybe we shouldn't do business with people in those states either?

I actually bothered to do some research on this. I suggest other do too before they speak ill of someone.

He's been a member over on FPN since 2009 and people on FPN have recommended him as far back as 2007..... You'd think after 6 years of selling fake pens to fountain pen collectors, the jig would be up. People like you have questioned his legitimacy in the past. That's perfectly fine, and I always do my research before buying from someone. However, there's a ton of ignorance towards the company for no reason at all it appears.

Ed Ronax has 2000+ posts over on FPN and has ordered from him with no issue
Marklavar has 1000 posts on FPN and recommended them back in 2007. He even went as far as to say that they are one of the best sellers on the internet.
Brian bates bought a 149 from them back in 2007 and was happy.
Bluemax- 400 posts and bought a writer's edition montblanc from them back in 2008.

You draw your own conclusion after that information....

bluefeathers
August 15th, 2013, 10:48 PM
I did not run a search on him on fpgeeks, sorry, it did not even occur to me--had I known people have had positive experiences with him, I wouldn't have bothered to offer my 2 cents, which were only offered b/c of what i mentioned in the post, but hey, maybe i'm wrong. They were given with several cautionary brackets. Note to self: do not get involved in what are sure to be heated discussions about authenticity. I would much rather write positive things about pens. I hope the poster will do his own research now...

mmahany
August 16th, 2013, 08:43 AM
I did not run a search on him on fpgeeks, sorry, it did not even occur to me--had I known people have had positive experiences with him, I wouldn't have bothered to offer my 2 cents, which were only offered b/c of what i mentioned in the post, but hey, maybe i'm wrong. They were given with several cautionary brackets. Note to self: do not get involved in what are sure to be heated discussions about authenticity. I would much rather write positive things about pens. I hope the poster will do his own research now...
I think you’re missing my point. If you have evidence to suggest that he is selling replica/counterfeit products then by all means share it. I’m not attacking you, but it’s unfair to provide input at the expense of someone else unless you have proof. If you personally don’t want to deal with them, that’s perfectly fine, but this is exactly how rumors get started. How would you feel if this discussion were about you? “I heard once that BlueFeathers was a scam artist.” If enough people repeat that, there’s a possibility that your reputation could be ruined for no reason.

Many people in the fountain pen community tend to jump to conclusions before the facts. It seems to be because many pen collectors are introverts and also have a strong resistance to new ideas or change (which seems to have a strong correlation to age).

I do my part as a collector to report and spot counterfeit pens. Every time I see a replica pen being sold on ebay, I message the seller to explain why it is a fake and ask them to remove it.

When people have been scammed in the past, I have helped them get addresses, phone numbers, and other information to help them get their money back. I can proudly say I've played a significant part in helping people who were scammed on the internet recover more than $10k worth of goods.

I will also defend any member that is a victim of libel and/or defamation. That doesn’t mean I defend their actions. It means that I defend their right to be innocent until proven guilty. So that’s why I ask you to offer your proof before you post such things next time. I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm simply saying that next time provide proof before posting.

bluefeathers
August 16th, 2013, 02:36 PM
No, I see your point. I don't want to engage in a back-and-forth about this, but your post did make me think more about my reasons and the criteria for posting. One can weigh the different merits of posting something and each person will have a different judgment call about it. My 'research' method at the time (which went through google and amazon, but did not go through FPN obviously) raised a red flag for me--I was concerned enough about it not to buy from the seller, and wanted to alert the OP, despite not remembering the details. Is that helpful? Probably not, but I thought it was better to say something than nothing in case it turned out to be true (so for me the OP comes before the seller). What I now realize is that, without evidence, the OP can't come to their own conclusions either. (Unfortunately I did not have the time to go back and retrace my steps, trying to find the link, review, or website that made me question this seller.) The only real evidence is experience, though, and in the future I will only post if I've actually had negative experiences. As for the question of reputation, I'm sure there are online sellers whose reputation has not been scrutinized, so I would wonder, objectively speaking, why it has even come into question in the first place, which you mention in passing. I think it's fair game for an online seller who has a big volume of sales to be the subject of discussion online. People can come to their own conclusions about what is pure speculation and what isn't.