PDA

View Full Version : A New Overlay Pen from Edison - the Del Coronado!

bgray
January 26th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Hi Pen Fans!

There is a new pen to introduce!

The Del Coronado is the second overlay pen from the Edison Pen Company. It is a collaboration with Dan Furlano, a very talented Penmaker and Jeweler. Dan is also a longtime close friend of mine. Click here to see his website and work.

http://youtu.be/SrmHWWsGE6U

Highlights....

1. It's very difficult to photograph all the features of an overlay pen, so be sure to watch the HD portion of the video, if nothing else. Especially the threaded posting of the cap!

2. You can see all specifications and pricing information here.

3. We have the pen in black for now, but other colors are coming and, of course, custom colors are possible.

4. In order to keep the pricing reasonable, we used plated precious metal (gold and rhodium), rather than solid precious metal. If you would like to inquire about a version made in solid gold or solid sterling, just email me.

Thanks!

Brian at Edison

Tracy Lee
January 26th, 2012, 07:43 PM
I like the unique posting feature as I am easily irritated by pens that don't post well. I also like a heavier pen so I was watching and it seemed on the light side? Even for its size, but hard to tell. I think the overlay detail is fantastic, I really do. Thanks for sharing with the personal touch!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

eriquito
January 27th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Hiya Brian!

Will this pen be at the LA Pen Show?

=) Eric

bgray
January 27th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Hiya Brian!

Will this pen be at the LA Pen Show?

=) Eric

Definitely!

fountainpenkid
January 28th, 2012, 10:41 AM
The design of the overlay is spectacular. If I had the money, I would defiantly buy it! And what about the eyedropper conversion?

bgray
January 28th, 2012, 04:38 PM
The design of the overlay is spectacular. If I had the money, I would defiantly buy it! And what about the eyedropper conversion?

I'm sure that it can happen. Just seal the section as well as the blind cap that captures the overlay with silicone grease, and you're ready.

Thanks.

bgray
January 28th, 2012, 04:40 PM
And by the way, I just realized that none of the links that I made in the first post ever translated to the post.

Go here to see a version of this post with active links....
http://edisonpen.com/index.cfm/2012/1/26/Introducing-the-Del-Coronado

inky
February 21st, 2012, 01:35 PM
That is one sharp looking pen! Now to search the couch cusions for quarters... Kudos on a great looking pen!

bgray
February 22nd, 2012, 06:43 PM
Many thanks!