PDA

View Full Version : Post Latest Conspiracy Theories

Chuck Naill
April 18th, 2022, 06:55 AM
Had a conversation with someone yesterday. I decided to right down three statements they made as a fact. I don't consider someone a friend who repeats conspiracies.

Athletes are dying from COVID-19 vaccines
This was a false claim made by or repeated by a senator Ron Johnson that is false

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/28/technology/covid-vaccines-misinformation.html?unlocked_article_code=AAAAAAAA AAAAAAAACEIPuomT1JKd6J17Vw1cRCfTTMQmqxCdw_PIxftm3i Wka3DMDmwSiPgYCIiG_EPKarskbNwt3jjeWtZKO74pSec3y-5EPkpjTBOtq4eFn5JDIzkwrcj7eFIK6K_3fOJy9y72PC7-If1jxba7slXZPTTqD6aJhWkrJgxgvZcyIV-10CQPk7PBRbN_3oJ-jft2UZtqVHxXMnnxyvrrCh94PNuNbRvOuEJhC6wCB2alzZPL4K kAcQ5SFVvAUHt1hG48499eM9kSV73te19iIIGtxOVMVRE7aduh FJYzRIPLlrl1sb-rqReEzMO-xfteB7wWucmQzswWhb5xNovZM-TG&smid=url-share

Big Pharma Funds 6 percent of FDA budget

"User fees" are collected by various industries from which the agency regulates. The conspiracy suggests that pharma is in bed with the agency.

"The FDA budget for FY 2019 is $6.1 billion.
About 54 percent, or $3.3 billion, of FDA’s budget is provided by federal budget authorization. The remaining 46 percent, or $2.8 billion, is paid for by industry user fees.
The FDA budget is equivalent to $10.01 per American per year.
The FDA budget includes 18,062 full time equivalents (FTEs).
The Tobacco Control Act Program is paid for entirely by industry user fees."
https://www.fda.gov/about-fda/fda-basics/fact-sheet-fda-glance#:~:text=Program%20Funding%201%20The%20FDA%2 0budget%20for%20FY,is%20paid%20for%20entirely%20by %20industry%20user%20fees.

Pfizer has 75 years to release information

https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/paramount-importance-judge-orders-fda-hasten-release-pfizer-vaccine-docs-2022-01-07/

“If it disagrees with experiment, it's wrong. In that simple statement is the key to science. It doesn't make a difference how beautiful your guess is. It doesn't matter how smart you are, who made the guess or what his name is. If it disagrees with experiment, it's wrong. That's all there is to it.”

"It's true, however, that one has to check a little bit, to make sure that it's wrong. Because someone who did the experiment may have reported incorrectly. Or there may have been some feature in the experiment that wasn't noticed, like some kind of dirt and so on. You have to obviously check.

Furthermore, the man who computed the consequences may have been the same one that made the guesses, may have made some mistake in the analysis. Those are obvious remarks. So when I say, if it disagrees with experiment, it's wrong, I mean after the experiment has been checked, the calculations have been checked, and the thing has been rubbed back and forth a few times to make sure that the consequences are logical consequences from the guess, and that, in fact, it disagrees with our very carefully checked experiment."

- Richard Feynman

Chip
April 18th, 2022, 12:59 PM
This has been circulating for a few years.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/33/%22Birds_Aren%27t_Real%22_billboard_in_Memphis.jpg/220px-%22Birds_Aren%27t_Real%22_billboard_in_Memphis.jpg

"The movement argues that all birds in the United States were exterminated by the federal government between 1959 and 1971, and replaced by drones; the specifics of these theories as reported in news articles are not always consistent, not unlike actual conspiracy theories. They claim that birds sit on power lines to recharge themselves, and that bird poop on cars is a tracking method. The theory states that U.S. president John F. Kennedy was assassinated by the government due to his reluctance to kill all the birds."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birds_Aren%27t_Real

Chip
April 18th, 2022, 01:10 PM
As far as the FDA and Big Pharma, there seems to be lucrative double-dealing by the high-bucks consulting firm, McKinsey, which created and maintained back-door contacts between regulators and manufacturers.

"More than 20 employees from consulting firm McKinsey worked for the U.S. government on issues related to the opioid epidemic while also doing the same type of consulting for major opioid makers like Purdue Pharma, according to a new congressional report.

McKinsey, one of the world's most prestigious consulting firms, has been double-dipping with drugmakers and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for years, creating a "serious conflict of interest" for the company, the report alleges. The report also found McKinsey officials used their contract with the government to drum up even more consulting work with private companies.

The U.S. House Oversight Committee, which released the 53-page report on Wednesday, said McKinsey did not disclose its conflicts to the FDA. The committee's chairwoman Carolyn Maloney called McKinsey's actions "egregious" and said the company needs to answer for its actions."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mckinsey-opioids-fda-purdue-pharma-jeff-smith/

Bold2013
April 20th, 2022, 08:36 PM
The problem is all my conspiracies are coming true

Chuck Naill
April 21st, 2022, 05:59 AM
It is quite common to only accept things that fit your belief system instead of looking outside those beliefs to find what might be in conflict with what you choose to think.

dneal
April 21st, 2022, 07:15 AM
It is quite common to only accept things that fit your belief system instead of looking outside those beliefs to find what might be in conflict with what you choose to think.

From the mouths of babes…

Chuck Naill
April 21st, 2022, 09:13 AM
You've been wrong about Trump, the pandemic, ivermectin, Fauci, and vaccines for some time, babe.

Chuck Naill
April 21st, 2022, 10:55 AM
You've been wrong about Trump, the pandemic, ivermectin, Fauci, and vaccines for some time, babe.

No Chuck, you completely missed the point and the irony.

You do a disservice passing along information that is verifiably false. The true irony is that you think what you post is real. Perhaps you don't even know the point to miss.

dneal
April 21st, 2022, 10:57 AM
Sorry Chuck, kind of hard to understand you with your foot in your mouth.

As usual, you’ve missed the point and the irony; and you substitute your delusions for what I actually post.

“Woke mind virus”. Hmmm, maybe Elon is on to something…

Chuck Naill
April 21st, 2022, 11:18 AM
That’s how you think apparently, maybe someone is on to something (that will be what I want to think).

dneal
April 21st, 2022, 12:36 PM
Thinking is a novel idea for you. Give it a try sometime. It’s much more fun than regurgitating someone’s thoughts at the NYT.

Mika was right “telling Chuck what to think is our job…”

Chuck Naill
April 21st, 2022, 12:46 PM
You can have the last word. Your posts are a much better barometer of your participation here. Hopefully no one has listened and been harmed.

calamus
April 21st, 2022, 01:01 PM
Obviously, the notion that people can plan unlawful or criminal activity (the legal definition of a conspiracy -- see Black's Dictionary of Law https://thelawdictionary.org/conspiracy/ ) is completely and utterly absurd. Otherwise "conspiracy theory" would not be synonymous with "disinformation."

Or, the term "conspiracy theory" as a dismissive pejorative could be weaponized language used to brainwash morons into easily brushing off anything that the power behind the throne wants to hide. Take something that really is absurd -- the "conspiracy theory" that birds aren't real, for example, or the Moon landing hoax "theory," and you've got a fairly handy brush for tarring anything else you label a conspiracy theory. Not particularly brilliant, and easy enough to see through unless you're determined to be blind, but effective for the mass of people who allow themselves to be told what to think. Try to point it out to people like that, and they will reply, in lockstep, "That's a conspiracy theory."

Quod erat demonstrandum.

Bold2013
April 21st, 2022, 01:11 PM

From the mouths of babes…

Glad someone else enjoyed the irony too

Chuck Naill
April 21st, 2022, 01:20 PM
Over the last two years I’ve read posts that regarding the pandemic, Falci, , vaccines, masks, and ivermectin that are verifiably false. Perhaps instead of calling them a CT, I should just call them what they are, lies to sooth the soil of someone who doesn’t want to take a vaccine .

Chuck Naill
April 21st, 2022, 01:21 PM
Soul

calamus
April 21st, 2022, 01:26 PM
Over the last two years I’ve read posts that regarding the pandemic, Falci, , vaccines, masks, and ivermectin that are verifiably false.

"Verifiably" false only if you use narratives by criminals to verify them. It's like saying, "Here's proof that foxes don't kill chickens! Ten foxes held a press conference today, and they all agreed that foxes are vegetarians."

Chuck Naill
April 21st, 2022, 01:27 PM
Perhaps he would believe Tucker suggesting red lasers on his balls.

Chuck Naill
April 21st, 2022, 01:30 PM
Over the last two years I’ve read posts that regarding the pandemic, Falci, , vaccines, masks, and ivermectin that are verifiably false.

"Verifiably" false only if you use narratives by criminals to verify them. It's like saying, "Here's proof that foxes don't kill chickens! Ten foxes held a press conference today, and they all agreed that foxes are vegetarians."
Verifiably false means it’s refutable and in this case, not difficult.

dneal
April 21st, 2022, 01:37 PM

You always know Chuck is out of his depth when he resorts to conjuring Tucker and other boogeymen. Really it’s just circling back to the narrative to support a belief system.

calamus
April 21st, 2022, 01:38 PM
You've proven time after time that you're not capable of thinking critically. The validity of the Big Pharma narrative has been proven to your satisfaction, but that's a pretty low bar. Essentially you're saying "I can prove that it's true because it's verifiable: it's verifiable because it's true." That is a textbook example of circular reasoning.

Chuck Naill
April 21st, 2022, 01:49 PM

You always know Chuck is out of his depth when he resorts to conjuring Tucker and other boogeymen. Really it’s just circling back to the narrative to support a belief system.

It’s a part of the process, bro. You not liking it doesn’t mean you know something.

I understand you want to protect your bud.

Be safe.

dneal
April 21st, 2022, 02:00 PM
More of Chuck ascribing the motives he's invented to other posters.

Your narrative is crumbling. Vaccines, Masks, Fauci, Biden, Hunter, Laptops, Sussman, Durham, etc...

So yes, Chuck, "It is quite common to only accept things that fit your belief system instead of looking outside those beliefs to find what might be in conflict with what you choose to think."

You might pop your head out of your echo-chamber - sorry, I mean "belief system". It would make for a more interesting discussion than your starting new threads to run through your list of talking points again.

dneal
April 21st, 2022, 02:03 PM

It’s a part of the process, bro. You not liking it doesn’t mean you know something.

I understand you want to protect your bud.

Be safe.

Where did I say anything about liking something? You're quite the magician. Pulling so many things out of hats that do not otherwise exist, like Victor Davis Hanson using the term "white grievances" in his Trump book. Your claim was verified false, by the way; but here it is again.

Chuck Naill
April 22nd, 2022, 06:31 AM
"Today, McCarthy responded to Burns and Martin’s story with a statement saying that the reporting was “totally false and wrong” before going on a partisan rant that the “corporate media is obsessed with doing everything it can to further a liberal agenda” and insisting that the country was better off with former president Trump in office. McCarthy’s spokesperson, Mark Bednar, denied the specifics of the story: “McCarthy never said he’d call Trump to say he should resign,” Bednar said.

Oops. There was a tape. "
https://heathercoxrichardson.substack.com/p/april-21-2022?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email&utm_content=share&token=eyJ1c2VyX2lkIjoxMzc5MzcyNywiXyI6IkVqQjlqIiwi aWF0IjoxNjUwNjMwNDk4LCJleHAiOjE2NTA2MzQwOTgsImlzcy I6InB1Yi0yMDUzMyIsInN1YiI6InBvc3QtcmVhY3Rpb24ifQ.l K_DJ0Pw9dvOcqA-YdfOG8mAjfw3rh0NkNv2EDM3OuM&s=r

So McCarthy ranted against the media and liberal agenda, except he was caught on tape. It is not liberal or conservative if is happened.

TSherbs
April 22nd, 2022, 08:01 AM
If it weren't for the media, we'd be left mostly with political lies.

eg., Russia today

dneal
April 22nd, 2022, 12:08 PM
If it weren't for the media, we'd be left mostly with political lies.

eg., Russia today

Yeah, good thing the media keeps us safe from political lies. Heaven forbid if they ever started participating in it.

Chuck Naill
April 22nd, 2022, 12:20 PM
Like McCarthy and McConnel participating with Trump or the military and police participating on January 6, 2021?

dneal
April 22nd, 2022, 02:19 PM
I think you mean the media suppressing evidence of criminal acts held by the FBI on someone’s laptop.

But hey, if chimpscreaming about a guy who hasn’t been in office for a year soothes your TDS… have fun with that.

Chuck Naill
April 22nd, 2022, 02:26 PM
No doubt he had a connection to Russia, and before he ran for office.

Chuck Naill
April 22nd, 2022, 02:27 PM
Yes on quid pro quo with Ukraine.

Chuck Naill
April 22nd, 2022, 02:27 PM
Perhaps read more broadly. Tucky can’t provide everything.

Chuck Naill
April 22nd, 2022, 02:29 PM
Thing is, you were wrong on Trump, Fauci, vaccines, masks, and most related posts.

dneal
April 22nd, 2022, 03:48 PM
Four posts in three minutes. Chuck is triggered again.

Chuck Naill
April 22nd, 2022, 04:03 PM
Clock is wrong, I’m smoking a brisket and pork loin.

dneal
April 22nd, 2022, 04:42 PM
The clock is wrong? Is there any lie you won't tell?

No doubt he had a connection to Russia, and before he ran for office.

Who, Joe or Hunter? I mean, we know the Mayor of Moscow wrote a check to Hunter - but how much of it went to the Big Guy?

Or maybe you mean Sussman, Hillary's lawyer who peddled actual "Russian" disinformation.

Yes on quid pro quo with Ukraine.

So that's got to be Joe, since Hunter was just the bag man.

Perhaps read more broadly. Tucky can’t provide everything.

You seem to be the only one who knows what Tucker says. I don't watch him.

I just watch Ole Joe brag that he wouldn't give Ukraine the money until they stopped investigating Hunter.

Thing is, you were wrong on Trump, Fauci, vaccines, masks, and most related posts.

Ah, telling me what I supposedly said. Your last refuge. Thing is, you just make this stuff up, like VDH and "White Grievances".

TSherbs
August 23rd, 2022, 08:49 PM
Two more convictions at the end of this conspiracy:

The Associated Press: 2 men convicted in plot to kidnap Michigan Gov. Whitmer.

https://apnews.com/9ad8f100d32e7d5883b1be9d6c4cb8d5

Chip
August 23rd, 2022, 10:59 PM
And the other two losers originally charged, and let off, flipped and testified for the prosecution.

Chip
August 23rd, 2022, 11:09 PM
This is a whopper:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/aug/23/queen-of-canada-qanon-rise-conspiracy-alarm

Lloyd
August 23rd, 2022, 11:29 PM
This is a whopper:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/aug/23/queen-of-canada-qanon-rise-conspiracy-alarm
Thanks for making me lose another night's sleep.

Typos courtesy of Samsung Auto-Incorrect™

TSherbs
August 25th, 2022, 11:13 AM
Here's another loony loser (Loomer) with a familiar conspiracy theory:

https://www.salon.com/2022/08/24/florida-primary-loser-loomer-cries-fraud-im-not-conceding-because-im-a-winner/

TSherbs
August 26th, 2022, 06:18 AM
Conspiracy to shame and embarrass a presidential daughter:

Two Floridians plead guilty to stealing and trying to sell Ashley Biden's diary to Project Veritas:

https://apnews.com/article/biden-new-york-government-and-politics-43eb5a9845aa633aa4e5ade7d16cb735

TSherbs
November 10th, 2022, 02:36 PM
Aww, shucks. Hundreds of millions more in punitive damages being heaped on Alex Jones for his "conspiracy theories" and criminal abuse and harm he brought to those families:
https://apnews.com/article/entertainment-shootings-business-connecticut-alex-jones-c6d0563dc17e7bfa83a881b44e7b9eec

from the AP article:

“The record clearly supports the plaintiffs’ argument that the defendants’ conduct was intentional and malicious, and certain to cause harm by virtue of their infrastructure, ability to spread content, and massive audience including the infowarriors,” the judge wrote in a 45-page ruling.

Christopher Mattei, a lawyer for the Sandy Hook families, said he hopes the award sends a message to conspiracy theorists who profit from lies.

Love it. Fuck with the truth intentionally and maliciously, and if you damage families (especially those grieving the deaths of slaughtered children) and refuse to cooperate with the legal proceedings and the rights of plaintiffs at trial, you're going to pay the price. The big price.

dneal
November 10th, 2022, 04:19 PM
Seems to fit well here too.

There’s a sort of test for commitment to reasoned debate. Does the person make a good faith effort to characterize opposing viewpoints accurately and, in whatever aspects are relevant to the topic at hand, completely? Does the person work cooperatively with their opponent to establish the clearest possible expression of their opponent’s position, and then proceed to argue against that? If not, then they’re not committed to reasoned debate, for no honest person interested in applying reason to find truths would see any point to arguing against a strawman, nor would they stoop to the purely political tactic of appealing to emotion rather than reason.

kazoolaw
November 15th, 2022, 08:05 AM
You want a conspiracy theory, you got it.
US has sent millions/billions? to the Ukraine in aid. Ukraine gets involved with FTX and cryptocurrency.
Ukraine begins to solicit crypto currency donations: https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/03/03/ukraine-cryptocurrency-donations/
CEO Fried of FTX outlines financial transactions with the Ukraine: “We’ve seen millions of dollars go through the systems we’ve given,” Bankman-Fried said https://www.oann.com/newsroom/ftx-founder-reveals-ties-with-ukraine-govt-individuals/
Fried was the Democrats' second largest donor. He transferred $10 billion out of FTX, with perhaps $2 billion missing.
https://ijr.com/democrats-second-biggest-donor-engulfed-massive-failure/
https://www.opensecrets.org/elections-overview/biggest-donors
Billions disappeared, $39 billion in donations to Democrat Party. Did I mention Fried donated bigly to the legislators who are supposed to be working on regulating crypto?
Follow the money, as the saying goes.
Toldja, it's a big conspiracy theory. Maybe National Treasure big.

kazoolaw
November 15th, 2022, 08:07 AM
Sorry no edit button: $39 million not billion donated to Dem party.

TSherbs
November 15th, 2022, 08:14 AM
You want a conspiracy theory, you got it.
US has sent millions/billions? to the Ukraine in aid. Ukraine gets involved with FTX and cryptocurrency.
Ukraine begins to solicit crypto currency donations: https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/03/03/ukraine-cryptocurrency-donations/
CEO Fried of FTX outlines financial transactions with the Ukraine: “We’ve seen millions of dollars go through the systems we’ve given,” Bankman-Fried said https://www.oann.com/newsroom/ftx-founder-reveals-ties-with-ukraine-govt-individuals/
Fried was the Democrats' second largest donor. He transferred $10 billion out of FTX, with perhaps $2 billion missing.
https://ijr.com/democrats-second-biggest-donor-engulfed-massive-failure/
https://www.opensecrets.org/elections-overview/biggest-donors
Billions disappeared, $39 billion in donations to Democrat Party. Did I mention Fried donated bigly to the legislators who are supposed to be working on regulating crypto?
Follow the money, as the saying goes.
Toldja, it's a big conspiracy theory. Maybe National Treasure big.

good one!

Chip
November 15th, 2022, 11:09 PM
And from such reliable sources. :crazy:

kazoolaw
November 16th, 2022, 02:37 AM
WaPo? You got it!

Chip
November 16th, 2022, 04:19 PM
WaPo? You got it!

Climb out of the dumpster.

One America News Network is a far-right crap machine. Likewise the ifr link that features a story from the Western Journal:

"We’ve aggregated 14,825 of The Western Journal’s headlines and news stories over the past 3 months. Scores are assigned by aggregating bias scores from Ad Fontes Media, Media Bias/Fact Check, and All Sides. We’ve assigned a rating of low factuality to The Western Journal. You can read more about how we’ve determined The Western Journal’s credibility and reliability as a news source here: https://ground.news/rating-system."

Open Secrets is the only link that's worth viewing.

TSherbs
November 16th, 2022, 06:31 PM
Wasn't Kaz just joking, anyway?

dneal
November 16th, 2022, 07:28 PM
Wasn't Kaz just joking, anyway?

His first link is to a WashPost article. I think he was being sarcastic, since Chip went with the shoot the messenger fallacy.

TSherbs
November 16th, 2022, 07:30 PM
The resource link list is like a basement connect-the-pushpins-with-yarn type of internet analysis....

dneal
November 16th, 2022, 08:04 PM
He did preface it with "you want a conspiracy theory, you got it."

TSherbs
November 16th, 2022, 08:15 PM
yes, I enjoyed it

kazoolaw
November 17th, 2022, 06:05 AM
WaPo? You got it!

Open Secrets is the only link that's worth viewing. (emphasis added)

Good news: Chip and I agree that WaPo isn't worth viewing.

TSherbs
December 7th, 2022, 06:55 AM
In most recent news, the Trump Org was convicted on conspiracy charges (and other charges). They say that they will appeal. This jury seemed convinced of the Trump Org guilt and coordinated effort to defraud (no harebrained conspiracy here by the DA). I guess we'll see if there is a next round. There are other charges pending from other cases.

You don't have to read WaPo to pick up this story.

Bold2013
December 7th, 2022, 08:59 AM
Hunter Biden’s laptop will be used by Dems to stop President Biden running for a second term.

Chuck Naill
December 7th, 2022, 09:22 AM
Hunter Biden’s laptop will be used by Dems to stop President Biden running for a second term.

That will be shooting themselves in the foot.

kazoolaw
December 7th, 2022, 09:51 AM
They should have higher goals.

Chuck Naill
December 7th, 2022, 10:08 AM
As we all should, but there are times to dance with the girl that brought you to the dance. I think Americans want moderation and even temperaments. I hope John Kasich, Liz, or Adam Kitzinger considers a run someday. IMHO, Liz would be the most attractive President in US history....LOL!!

dneal
December 8th, 2022, 07:56 PM

Vagatasa
July 6th, 2023, 04:06 AM
Good afternoon. I came across CoinsPaid Media. Which is about the crypto world. For example, I read an article about bitcoin ordinals (https://coinspaidmedia.com/bitcoin/ordinals-protocol-bitcoin-nfts-what-are-they/). Simply put, bitcoin ordinals are a partial analogue of NFTs placed in the blockchain network of the first cryptocurrency. The technology is that each satoshi, the minimum unit of value in the Bitcoin network, is assigned an ordinal number. This sequence number is linked to additional information, which can be texts, images, videos and other types of data, such as game files. This is how digital artifacts are created, a partial counterpart to NFT.

Chip
July 6th, 2023, 12:13 PM
https://i.imgur.com/6iXhP2T.jpg