PDA

View Full Version : Just bought this LE pen. Repair Cost?

logantrky
August 15th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Hello all:

I just bought this Montblanc 100 Year Historical Fountain Pen. It is missing a cap and it looks like the section would need repaired. I was wondering if anyone had experience with MB repairing this pen in particular, or another MB LE pen. Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281138807871?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Edit: I decided to not purchase the pen. I felt it was too much of a risk. Sorry for this post.

mmahany
August 16th, 2013, 06:28 AM
I saw that listing too and didn't want to touch it with a 10 foot pole. That pen hasn't been made in 7 years. I would imagine the availability of replacement parts is scarce.

If the parts are still in production the cost should be very reasonable. If they're not, you're going to be stuck finding a new cap and body on ebay.

BTW- You could have gotten one in mint condition with box and papers for under $500.

Obviously, this is almost unheard of, but I bought my old 100th Anniversary FP on ebay for $46 (no that's not a typo).

logantrky
August 16th, 2013, 07:02 AM
I saw that listing too and didn't want to touch it with a 10 foot pole. That pen hasn't been made in 7 years. I would imagine the availability of replacement parts is scarce.

If the parts are still in production the cost should be very reasonable. If they're not, you're going to be stuck finding a new cap and body on ebay.

BTW- You could have gotten one in mint condition with box and papers for under $500.

Obviously, this is almost unheard of, but I bought my old 100th Anniversary FP on ebay for $46 (no that's not a typo).

:jaw:

Some people have all the luck. I am glad that I got out of the transaction. I had a bad feeling about it after I won the auction. However, it seems like you got the bargain of the century!