PDA

View Full Version : Project: Pen?

fountainpenkid
January 27th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Hi everyone,

I am back to using my original account here as I remembered my old password....

I am in high school, and people have been noticing my fountain pen more and more..a kid recently bought a ATX it black because of me:):D...
I recently read the statistic that over 100 MILLION pens are thrown away into landfills each day. Now I know a lot of other, larger things are put in there too, and that their problem is much of a bigger issue than pens, but being a FP geek (though I still sometimes get red in the face when asked about them..), I think exposing people to a more ecological, beautiful and economic way of writing would be cool.

The idea is a sale--for $20, you get a bottle of ink, a pen (hopefully a noodler's--piston filler+inexpensive+well made+cool nibs+cool colors=ultimate beginners pen), and a donation to an environmental society (I still have to figure that part out). The idea would to get people A. caring more about what they recylce and throw out. and B. to get exposure to FP's.

Could you guys critique this idea? Are there better ways things could work? I am on the student council but haven't proposed the idea yet....

Thanks,

Will

eriquito
January 27th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Hiya Will!!

It's a great idea! Do I understand correctly that these Ultimate Beginner Packages would be sold to your fellow high school students?

The Noodler's piston filler is good choice. Anything that does not use a converter is a great choice from an environmental view.

I wan't overly thrilled with the Noodler's piston fill, but I'd have to give some thought to a possible other option that would fit in the $20 package price point.

=) Eric

fountainpenkid
January 28th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Thanks!

eriquito
January 28th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Hey Will!

We mentioned your thread here in the podcast we recorded today. The podcast will "hit the airwaves" on Tuesday. Perhaps more people will chime in then.

Was I correct that the idea here is to sell a fountain pen "package" to your fellow students?

Eric

fountainpenkid
January 29th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Yup. And teachers or whoever......it would be set up like a bake sale.

fountainpenkid
February 2nd, 2012, 01:08 PM
any other ideas?

eriquito
February 4th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Hi Will! How's this idea coming? Have you decided on an ink to go with the Noodler's Piston Fill?

How many of these "kits" do you think will sell (approximately)?

Tracy Lee
February 4th, 2012, 08:01 PM
I have missed this thread, but think it is a terrific idea. If there is more we can do to help you along, just keep posting. I am all for being more environmentally aware, and certainly think pens are becoming so scarce that writing is fast becoming a lost art. The sooner we can do fun things to expose students to the pure joy, the better!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

fountainpenkid
February 5th, 2012, 08:26 AM
The amount of kits I sell is all dependent on how much a fundraiser makes.... does anyone know how to contact the president or someone at noodlers so that I could see how this would work?--I. E maybe a special deal so that I could fit in the ink into the $20 price and still have the money to donate 2 or 3 dollars to a environmental society.....

eriquito
February 5th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Hi Will,

Noodler's products are distributed by Luxury Brands USA, LLC. Their contact page is here:

http://luxurybrandsusa.com/contact/

You'll contact Dick Egolf. He's good people!

=) Eric

fountainpenkid
February 5th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Thanks!