PDA

View Full Version : Montblanc Glacier Blue

mizgeorge
May 11th, 2022, 05:02 AM
The latest SE blue ink, and I like it a lot. I can't find any existing MB ink that's close in colour, though there are a couple of close cousins from other brands.

Writing samples on TR 52g
Swatches on Exacompta 205g
Wet in wet on 350g watercolour paper
Quite an interesting Chroma (but no water resistance at all)

This one's a keeper and will probably need a spare or two!

Yazeh
May 11th, 2022, 01:05 PM
Truly delightful review. Very refreshing on this hot day, to look at :)

DrPenfection
May 13th, 2022, 08:52 PM
Great review, mizgeorge! This one looks like a color I am going to have to buy. So much for my ink moratorium . . . but more about that later.

Chrissy
May 14th, 2022, 01:49 AM
Thank you for the review. :) I'm not sure why but I wasn't instantly attracted to this colour despite the fact that I'm usually a blue fan. :blink:

DrPenfection
May 19th, 2022, 04:26 PM
Yep. It is all your fault, mizgeorge! I just ordered 3 bottles. They were on "sale" at a price I likely won't see again for a while.

mizgeorge
May 19th, 2022, 04:57 PM
Yep. It is all your fault, mizgeorge! I just ordered 3 bottles. They were on "sale" at a price I likely won't see again for a while.

You're welcome :) I've been using it a lot this past week, and I'm still really enjoying it.

Yazeh
May 19th, 2022, 05:21 PM

Three bottles. Don't tell me you write those famous reports with Fp? ;)

DrPenfection
May 20th, 2022, 08:02 AM

Three bottles. Don't tell me you write those famous reports with Fp? ;)

No, not the actual reports, but all of the notes taken for the reports. For each project, I keep a bound notebook like a CD Premium notebook - A5 size - and most of them are full of notes by the time the project is completed. Right now I have 6 projects going simultaneously, which is typical for me. I used to use just copy paper on a clipboard, but that got to be too cumbersome and I got tired of chasing after pages that blew away when I was in the field.

adhoc
May 23rd, 2022, 12:21 PM
Oh that does look good! Do you have an ink swab of Iroshizuku Tsuki-Yo to compare against by any chance? It looks kind of similar to that, I might like it and pick up a bottle. Thank you!

mizgeorge
May 23rd, 2022, 05:39 PM
It doesn't have the red sheen that the Iroshizuku has. I know my daughter has 'borrowed' my bottle of Tsuki-yo, but I'm pretty sure I have it swatched, so I'll have a look for it to photograph side by side.

shark0175
June 2nd, 2023, 09:51 AM
This ink is so good. The way it interacts with different paper weights and textures, such as TR 52g, Exacompta 205g, and 350g watercolor paper, likely adds depth and dimension to the artwork. contexto (https://contexto-wordle.com/)

lilycollins
June 22nd, 2023, 09:49 PM
SE blue inks that interact well with different paper weights and textures can contribute to the overall aesthetics and artistic expression. They may showcase shading, sheen, or color variation, adding visual interest and complexity to the artwork.

fnf (https://fnfgame.io/)