PDA

View Full Version : Red Chinese Pens

Niner
June 2nd, 2022, 09:16 PM
Murder for the purpose of organ harvesting. Vivisection. Chattel slavery. Torture camps. Suppression of every natural right. Nearly unfathomable pollution. Much or all of it existing in the supply chain of virtually any item imported from Red China to the West. One tries to dodge supporting that system as much as is practical, or one does not. Pens aren't special.

dneal
June 3rd, 2022, 07:34 AM
Clearly you're a racist. ;)

Chuck Naill
June 3rd, 2022, 08:43 AM
Or transgenderphobist…..😂

TSherbs
June 3rd, 2022, 10:33 AM
Only one of my Chinese pens is red. The other 20 or so complete the 🌈. ;)

I salute your desire to avoid some purchases on principle. I do the same, just not about China.

dneal
June 3rd, 2022, 01:28 PM
Clearly TSherbs hates the Uighurs. ;)

Chip
June 3rd, 2022, 01:37 PM
Murder for the purpose of organ harvesting. Vivisection. Chattel slavery. Torture camps. Suppression of every natural right. Nearly unfathomable pollution. Much or all of it existing in the supply chain of virtually any item imported from Red China to the West. One tries to dodge supporting that system as much as is practical, or one does not. Pens aren't special.

Do you shop at WalMart?

Niner
June 3rd, 2022, 05:18 PM

Do you shop at WalMart?
I recall a time when Wal-Mart (as it then styled itself) touted the "Made in U.S.A." origin of much of their stock. I shopped at Wal-Mart then. I know that WalMart currently stocks a high percentage of made in Red China items. I have heard, though I cannot verify, that WalMart has even pressured vendors to move production facilities from the US to Red China. I have avoided shopping at WalMart for many years because of the company's support for Red China. I did purchase an urgently needed item from a WalMart about ten years ago. The item was made in the US.

TSherbs
June 3rd, 2022, 05:54 PM
Does your animus extend to products made in other countries that mistreat elements of its own population?

Chip
June 3rd, 2022, 11:06 PM
I don't have any Chinese pens, red, green, blue, pink, or otherwise.

What about German pens? Japanese pens? English pens? American pens?

Is there a statute of limitations? Quite a few nations have perpetrated atrocities.

Lloyd
June 4th, 2022, 01:59 AM
Where are the components of you phone/computer made?

Typos courtesy of Samsung Auto-Incorrect™

Chip
June 4th, 2022, 04:40 PM
Apple Mac Mini and iPad. So, China.

Niner
June 4th, 2022, 08:28 PM
Does your animus extend to products made in other countries that mistreat elements of its own population?
Not specifically. Rather, it extends to products whose purchase would tend to support abuse of humans and, to a lesser extent, abuse of the environment and of animals. Countries that mistreat elements of their own population are, though, captured in that.

Niner
June 4th, 2022, 08:33 PM

Where are the components of you phone/computer made?

Didn't catch me out on your first attempt, eh? I don't fault you for that. Who, after all, has time nowadays to bulletproof retorts?

I do own some things that were made in Red China.

One tries to dodge supporting that system as much as is practical, or one does not. Pens aren't special.

"Practical" is in the eye of the person whose nom de plume is Niner.

TSherbs
June 7th, 2022, 07:44 AM
Here's my post from the other thread. Sorry that I drifted across threads there...

>>>So you meant it as a compliment? Nothing pejorative? No negative connotation? You know, like simply having said "China" would not have been enough, so you had to append the word "Red" just to make sure which "China" you meant to go along with all the other negative references you listed?

Come on, Niner. My only point is that you engaged in the same kind of negative labeling that you were decrying. We've all slipped into it around here. You, too, it turns out.

If you'd like to debate the difference between buying pens from small Chinese shop owners and trying to make a stand against Chinese governmental abuses, I'm all in. The governmental abuses I abhor. The small shop owner trying to eke out a living through ebay to the global market I support. I feel the same way about, say, vendors in Arkansas or Indiana. The governing bodies and persons of those states I find cruelly errant. But that has nothing to do with how I feel about purchasing products from businesses or individuals in those states.

You are of course free, as I said above, to govern your purchasing patterns according to whatever rules of thumb that you wish. For me, the conusmer is king/queen etc.<<<

Chuck Naill
June 7th, 2022, 09:34 AM
I like Wing Sung 601 pens .

TSherbs
June 7th, 2022, 09:37 AM
Which other "China" could you have possibly meant, Niner?

Lloyd
June 7th, 2022, 01:57 PM
All the hubbub about red Chinese pens....Is it ok to buy Chinese pens in colors aside from red?

Chuck Naill
June 7th, 2022, 02:03 PM
I’d say, have at it!

Cyril
June 12th, 2022, 11:50 AM
Communist red.... who has created it???
Who has created ALIBABA SO IMPORTANT? AND WHY ALIBABA IS REPRESENTING AS AN IMPORTANT VOICE IN WEF to tell us everything we eat on or plate has the effective CARBAN PRINTS
AND THEY ARE CONNECTED TO THE GLOBAL ENVIRONMENT DISASTERS,So lick the plate very carefully if not they put Penalty charges. LOL...
Do we have to reject ALIBABA??

Apple and peaches are depending on red community and iCloud is made/base in china!!!!!
Main military tech is based on the core-chip tech of origin Taiwan and it will be soon seized by Red community??

Many pens other than red are made to be disposable= short lasting

Chip
June 22nd, 2022, 11:25 PM
The US Congress passed a law banning imports and trade with Xinjiang, signed by Biden in December and just implemented today. Given the complexity of sourcing and supply chains, it might prove difficult to enforce.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/china-xinjiang-us-forced-labor-import-ban-begins-rcna34673

https://asiatimes.com/2022/06/xinjiang-import-ban-worsens-china-us-relations/

TSherbs
June 23rd, 2022, 09:00 AM
The US Congress passed a law banning imports and trade with Xinjiang, signed by Biden in December and just implemented today. Given the complexity of sourcing and supply chains, it might prove difficult to enforce.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/china-xinjiang-us-forced-labor-import-ban-begins-rcna34673

https://asiatimes.com/2022/06/xinjiang-import-ban-worsens-china-us-relations/

Yeah, this western region does not seem the likely locale for pen manufacturing. Besides, the bigger problem was the forced relocation of Uyghurs from that region to manufacturing centers in the east, no?

Chip
June 23rd, 2022, 11:18 PM
[QUOTE=Chip;369544]Besides, the bigger problem was the forced relocation of Uyghurs from that region to manufacturing centers in the east, no?

Where the pens are manufactured?

How would I know?

TSherbs
June 25th, 2022, 07:27 PM
This is one of my prettier pens: