PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone from Baltimore!

Bmorepen
June 7th, 2022, 03:57 AM
I’m new to the pen community, although I’ve loved fountain pens since I was in high school. An exceptionally bright kid from Romania arrived at my high school and I saw that he was doing his physics problems using a fountain pen! I thought this was the coolest thing I’d ever seen so I struck a conversation with him about pens. That was it for me: hooked on fountain pens for life. I saved my high school graduation money and bought my first serious pen, a thin, metal barreled Montblanc that was great, albeit a bit scratchy. Ever since then, I’ve been collecting pens over the past almost 40 years just for my own enjoyment. I’ve never been to a pen show or communicated with others in the community and so I thought I’d give it a go, especially after I received some encouragement from my students who I’ve converted into fountain enthusiasts by gifting them their first fountain pens (usually a Pilot Metropolitan or a TWSBi or a LAMY Safari). That’s it for now. Messages welcomed!

jar
June 7th, 2022, 06:55 AM
Welcome home from an OLD Baltimore Boy. Pull up a stump and set a spell. Went to what used to be a boarding school up on the hill north of town. Classes were in the old stables. In the school bookstore we could buy the Sheaffer "Cartridge" pen that was generally a dollar but sold at the school for $0.75. It came with six cartridges too. But I had the old Sheaffer that had been my grandfathers. In the image it's the second from the right.

christof
June 7th, 2022, 06:59 AM
welcome!

mizgeorge
June 7th, 2022, 07:54 AM
Hello, and welcome :)

Chrissy
June 7th, 2022, 08:00 AM
Hello and welcome. :)

Bmorepen
June 7th, 2022, 08:24 AM
Hello jar, What a wonderful photo of your Sheaffer pen collection. I think this is what fountain pen collections is all about; it tells a history. I wish I had my first Montblanc pen still. Sheaffers are also close to my heart. I bought a couple of Sheaffer 300s when I got my first "real" job and still have those.

FredRydr
June 7th, 2022, 08:36 AM
Hello from Carlisle Pennsylvania to your north!

Niforaj
June 7th, 2022, 10:26 AM
Welcome!!! Currently living in Baltimore myself :)

OCArt
June 7th, 2022, 11:58 AM
Glad to have you here!

Wahl
June 7th, 2022, 01:56 PM
:welcome:

Bisquitlips
June 14th, 2022, 02:54 AM
:thumb::thumb::thumb: