PDA

View Full Version : What inks are you waiting for?

Pages : [1] 2

Mod_wolves
August 18th, 2013, 01:01 PM
As an important part of fountain pen geekery I thought it would e interesting to see what inks people are waiting to arrive.

Personally I have just bought some visconti turquoise (absolutely gorgeous).

I am now waiting for some vintage parker quink washable brown to arrive. It looks gorgeous and wasn't to expensive as NOS.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Parker-Quink-Bottled-Ink-Washable-BrownNEW-OLD-STOCK-/350665638599

velo
August 19th, 2013, 12:53 AM
Bottle of Sailor Arima Amber and Iro Asa-Gao.

Samples of De Atramentis Tobacco, Private Reserve Chocolat, Iro Yama-Guri and Shin-Kai.

yipe
August 19th, 2013, 01:47 AM
I'm waiting for samples of: Diamine Syrah, Diamine Oxblood, Noodler's Black Eel, Noodler's Red-Black, Noodler's Air Corps Blue, Noodler's Manjiro Nakahama (Whaler's Sepia), Scribal Workshop Leviathan, De Atramentis Blue-Black, De Atramentis Brown-Black, Rohrer and Klingner Sepia and J. Herbin Lies de The.

I feel bad for whoever at Goulet Pens has to track all those inks down and put them in little labeled vials. Sounds like a pain to me.

cwent2
August 21st, 2013, 05:37 PM
1 x J. Herbin 1670 Anniversary Fountain Pen Ink - 50 ml Bottle - Rouge Hematite
1 x Diamine Ink for Fountain Pens - 80 ml Bottle - Red Dragon (DIAMINE INK 7077)
1 x Diamine Ink for Fountain Pens - 80 ml Bottle - Turquoise Blue (DIAMINE INK 7003)

Mod_wolves
August 22nd, 2013, 01:30 AM
Waiting for...

Waterman: South Sea Blue (vintage)

Sanford Penit: Jet Black Copy Ink (vintage)

Parker Quink: Washable Brown (vintage)

tannie
August 22nd, 2013, 01:58 AM
Waiting for:
Pelikan Edelstein Tanzanite
J. Herbin Cacao de Brasil (or however you spell that)

*cough* and I forgot:
Rohrer and Klinger Sepia
Rohrer and Klinger Magenta

Feardorcha
August 25th, 2013, 04:12 AM
Waiting for...

3 no. Diamine (Red Dragon, Delamere Green and Chocolate Brown)
2 no. Montblanc (Burgandy Red and Midnight Blue)

tannie
September 6th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Now waiting for:

Noodler's Fox red
Noodler's Black Swan in Australian Roses
Organic Studio Edgar Allan Poe
Organic Studio Jane Austin
De Atramentis Plum
De Atramentis Elderberries (finally!)

And a sample of Iroshizuku Ina-ho.

Ink-binge...

Tracy Lee
September 6th, 2013, 02:07 PM
That IS a binge, wow!!! Gonna share swabs with us? :what::D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

pencils+pens
September 6th, 2013, 02:30 PM
The Visconti Turquoise Blue arrived this afternoon. I am waiting for Cross Blue to arrive any day.

tannie
September 6th, 2013, 02:32 PM
That IS a binge, wow!!! Gonna share swabs with us? :what::D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Yes :)

I wonder how BSiAR compares to Elderberries and really looking forward to the writer's ink too!

Sailor Kenshin
September 6th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Waiting for MB Balzac. And then I really need to stop for a while.

DebS
September 7th, 2013, 11:50 AM
I think you will really like the Tanzanite. I have that ink in a Pelikan M200 grey marble and just love it. It's dark with hints of navy but not black.

jfsisler
September 8th, 2013, 05:32 AM
Waiting for...

Red Dragon is such a lovely shade of red. I'm curious to see how it stacks up to the Montblanc. Would you mind posting a swab sample of both after you get them?

Feardorcha
September 8th, 2013, 05:41 AM
Waiting for...

Red Dragon is such a lovely shade of red. I'm curious to see how it stacks up to the Montblanc. Would you mind posting a swab sample of both after you get them?

I've received them both. I'll try posting something this week.

tannie
September 12th, 2013, 08:31 AM
My latest loot:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5492/9729278171_52aa4609a3_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tannie/9729278171/)

Jane has not yet made it to my house.

pencils+pens
September 12th, 2013, 08:46 AM
I was just notified the Cross Blue (from Cross) should be here in two or three days. The Akkerman ink from Vanness, which was ordered several days after the Cross ink, arrived yesterday.

I am waiting on Sheaffer Blue from ISellPens (and a few other things) and Noodler's Rachmaninoff, which I ordered from Goulet yesterday.

Mod_wolves
September 12th, 2013, 08:57 AM
My latest loot:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5492/9729278171_52aa4609a3_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tannie/9729278171/)

Jane has not yet made it to my house.

Is somebody a fan of red inks or is it just coincidence?

Mod_wolves
September 12th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Also Tannie how are the scented inks? Do they smell truly of elderberries and plums or is it a fairly faint smell? I've been eyes up some j herbin scented inks but I'm not so sure whether it will truly smell aromatic.

After several days does it still give off a scent or would it not withstand several days in the post?

tannie
September 12th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Yes, I needed to off-set the amount of blues (I don't like blue!) I have ;)

tannie
September 12th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Also Tannie how are the scented inks? Do they smell truly of elderberries and plums or is it a fairly faint smell? I've been eyes up some j herbin scented inks but I'm not so sure whether it will truly smell aromatic.

After several days does it still give off a scent or would it not withstand several days in the post?

I have to sniff the bottle to smell them, I barely notice it when I have it open on the desk (I have a decent sense of smell, not 'super'). I can smell it on the nibs of the pens, Elderberries more than Plum (ended up with a blue-green nose, ahem). It doesn't last on paper that I notice. I tested it on my dog, she didn't like the bottle or the pen (Elderberries), and didn't care about the paper with writing. (I didn't torture her, only let her smell it, and with the first two, she turned away. With the writing, she stayed and gave me a 'so where is my cookie?' look.)
The Plum smells sweet and juicy and plum-y. I don't know if I know the actual smell of Elderberries, but the ink smells a bit like... old ladies. Not very disturbing to me, mostly reminds me of 'clean'. It does some flower-y, so I hope like elderflowers.

I bought them both because I like the colours and knew from samples that the scent doesn't overwhelm me.

cwent2
September 12th, 2013, 04:32 PM

I have a sample of Hyacinth, and oh yeah you really smell Hyacinths!

Bogon07
September 12th, 2013, 04:35 PM
De Atramentis Wedding Ink smells strongly of roses so I didn't buy it.
Unfortunately my new bottle of De Atramentis Mint Turquoise has just an ink smell .... no mint aroma at all.
I'm not sure what turquoise should smell like, I imagined Turkish Delight for some reason but I suppose it really should be like the sea on a warm day.

auto winder
September 12th, 2013, 11:38 PM
I'm waiting for 80 ml bottles of Diamine Evergreen, Red Dragon and Majestic Blue, and hopefully they will arrive today.

velo
September 13th, 2013, 08:26 PM
My sample of De Atramentis Tobacco has a scent but you need to hold it to your nose. It's not really a tobacco smell though more like air freshener.

Rena
September 15th, 2013, 02:55 AM
Private Reserve "Chocolat" and " Blue Suede" arrieved last week.
I'm waiting for Iroshizuku "Fuyu-syogun"! :)

Mod_wolves
October 4th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Finally the stocks have been replenished at the Goulets!

Noodlers El Lawrence (cannot wait to get this ink)
Noodlers Apache Sunset
Noodlers The blue nose bear
Noodlers golden brown

Had to bite the bullet and stop there as I could have kept buying but I guess I'll have to wait haha.

Anyone had any experience with these inks? Good or bad.

cwent2
October 4th, 2013, 11:07 AM
I'm waiting for Iroshizuku Yama Budo - 17.79 with free shipping - probably slow boat no leak - so I will wait awhile....

tannie
October 4th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Noodler's Socrates
Noodler's Dostoyevsky

I have a thing for waterproof/resistant inks... In bright colours...

tannie
October 4th, 2013, 11:19 AM

Noodlers Apache Sunset
Noodlers golden brown

Had to bite the bullet and stop there as I could have kept buying but I guess I'll have to wait haha.

I only have Blue Nose Bear and I like it. It has this strange colour and does tend to feather (meant to) and bleedthrough easily, but I like it anyway. I have this bad habit of (sometimes) neglecting my pens, and I've left it in my pen for weeks without using it. I only once had to dip the nib in water to get it started again, the pen looks fine otherwise (Lamy Al-star, I wouldn't do this to my vintage pens, but the Lamys... they suffer...) When it runs out it tends to write more blue than the desaturated turquoise/teal it normally has. The same blue it feathers with, so I guess the ink separates a little when not used often ;)

tiffanyhenschel
October 4th, 2013, 02:05 PM

Noodlers Apache Sunset
Noodlers golden brown

These are all great inks in their own ways. El Lawrence has a tendency to dry on the nib for me, but I like the color. It does have that "solvent" smell that some Noodler's inks have.

I've only been on the receiving end of Apache Sunset so can't comment on its behavior, but it is a beautiful ink that shades even in round nibs.

I use Blue Nose Bear in a TWSBI fine with zero feathering problems, and on cheap school paper, too.

Golden Brown never fails to receive comments from readers, and I've never had clogging or skipping issues with it.

Great choices! I have two bottles of El Lawrence out of that same shipment. :)

AndyT
October 4th, 2013, 05:02 PM

I've been playing with Apache Sunset just recently: it's an attractive shading ink with no obvious vices. It's quite bright - close your eyes and you can still see it. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-basic/cool.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

I like mango pudding
October 4th, 2013, 05:55 PM
got a super fast shipment of a set of eight hand picked 30ml Diamine inks from Cult pens. Haven't inked any pens up with them yet. I have two pens ready for inking and two more in the mail. Should have bought more...... ughhh....:(

Tracy Lee
October 21st, 2013, 05:59 PM
Well, not really waiting anymore! Between Goulet and Mike at Vanness, my haul today:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/22/hu9y5age.jpg

Well, except for Rawly. We had him already. He was very interested in that tootsie pop and grabbed it and ran immediately after said photo. :rolleyes:

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

tiffanyhenschel
October 21st, 2013, 06:46 PM
Well, not really waiting anymore! Between Goulet and Mike at Vanness, my haul today:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/22/hu9y5age.jpg

Well, except for Rawly. We had him already. He was very interested in that tootsie pop and grabbed it and ran immediately after said photo. :rolleyes:

That looks like some colorful writing in store. :)

My bottle of Diamine Salamander from Goulet Pens shipped today. I should have it on Wednesday.

Sailor Kenshin
October 21st, 2013, 06:47 PM
Oooooo....what a haul! ....and all I got was PR Ebony Blue!

cwent2
October 23rd, 2013, 12:59 PM
Pilot Iroshizuku Yama-budo

Diamine Majestic Blue (80ml)

Diamine Salamander (80ml)

Noodler's Ottoman Azure (3oz)

cwent2
October 23rd, 2013, 01:03 PM

I've been playing with Apache Sunset just recently: it's an attractive shading ink with no obvious vices. It's quite bright - close your eyes and you can still see it. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-basic/cool.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

I have Apache Sunset - Love the ink, shading etc - just can't seem to find the pen the ink looks right flowing out of....

AndyT
October 23rd, 2013, 05:10 PM
I have Apache Sunset - Love the ink, shading etc - just can't seem to find the pen the ink looks right flowing out of....

I had a lot of fun and games getting it to flow properly out of a Nib Creaper, but it did look quite nice in the end. Pretty good with a copperplate dip nib too. I haven't tried the obvious yet - orange Kaweco Ice Sport with a double broad! - but it's bound to happen sooner or later.

Pure Pens have got some new Noodler's stock in at last (hurrah!), so now I'm waiting on bottles of Golden Brown and Zhivago.

Sailor Kenshin
October 23rd, 2013, 05:36 PM
Rotring Ultramarine!

VertOlive
October 24th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Arghhh! I got my first fountain pen and, after hours of choosing time, picked 4 ink samples. Now I want more. I think I'll have to go through zillions of samples before I can "commit" to a whole bottle.

VO

Sailor Kenshin
October 25th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Arghhh! I got my first fountain pen and, after hours of choosing time, picked 4 ink samples. Now I want more. I think I'll have to go through zillions of samples before I can "commit" to a whole bottle.

VO

And that's really a good way to go. There are samples I've loved so much I got whole bottles, and others I just thought I would love, and was disappointednto find out, nope, not this one.

That's what happened with Iroshizuku Ina-ho and Ku-jaku. A full bottle of Ku-jaku is now on my shelf. Ina-ho....well, some day I'll use up the sample.

jde
October 25th, 2013, 10:17 AM

VO

And that's really a good way to go. There are samples I've loved so much I got whole bottles, and others I just thought I would love, and was disappointednto find out, nope, not this one.

That's what happened with Iroshizuku Ina-ho and Ku-jaku. A full bottle of Ku-jaku is now on my shelf. Ina-ho....well, some day I'll use up the sample.

I LOVE samples! More folks offer them now, too. When I 1st began, the only samples available were from the (now out of business) Pear Tree Pens. Ina-ho a good reason to sample... really was disappointed in it.

Waiting for bottles of Sailor Black, Sailor Grenade, and several samples of others. By the weekend, I hope!

cwent2
October 25th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Pilot Iroshizuku Yama-budo

Goldfish
October 26th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Iroshizuku Yama-guri and Edelstein Tanzanite.

Dr Honeywell
October 26th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Montblanc Oyster Grey and Noodlers 5 O'Clock Shadow

cwent2
October 26th, 2013, 08:34 PM

Goldfish
October 26th, 2013, 08:54 PM

Will be looking forward to hearing impressions/reviews!

Mod_wolves
October 27th, 2013, 09:31 AM

This sounds interesting. What is Noodler's 5O'clock shadow?

cwent2
October 27th, 2013, 09:57 AM

Badger & Blade is proud to work with Noodler's Ink to create a signature ink. 5 O'Clock Shadow is a deeply pigmented black with shadings of grey and green. This ink is entirely appropriate for business, yet has personality to it. The ink is formulated by our friends at Noodlers and is near bullet proof, It comes in 3 oz bottles.

copied from fpn post

Dr Honeywell
October 27th, 2013, 02:22 PM

It is an exclusive ink from West Coast Shaving - there is a review on FPN

Senecabud
October 28th, 2013, 10:00 AM
I'm waiting for the 5 ink samples to be shipped out early November as part of GouletPen's Ink Drop program. So I don't know what brands or colors I'll receive, but from their past shipments it should be a very delightful surprise.

cwent2
October 28th, 2013, 05:44 PM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7379/10545771855_0f262c9106_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/99367074@N04/10545771855/)
salamander (http://www.flickr.com/photos/99367074@N04/10545771855/) by cwent2 (http://www.flickr.com/people/99367074@N04/), on Flickr

Goldfish
October 28th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the review, cwent2! I like the color :) On my phone it looks a little bit like Racing Green, maybe slightly greener.

(Edited to remove the image of the review, it looks huge on the computer screen!)

cwent2
October 28th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Well to me it looks good on paper, but doesn't transfer well to scanner - then again I have a red green color deficiency so what looks bad to me on the screen may look good to you.

so I hope this was useful - it was at least an attempt.

cw

KrazyIvan
October 29th, 2013, 08:20 AM
I think Salamander looks a bit like Stipula Musk Green. I still want a bottle of Salamander.

I like mango pudding
October 29th, 2013, 11:08 PM
I think Salamander looks a bit like Stipula Musk Green. I still want a bottle of Salamander.

exactly. I had a chance to write with musk green last week and it totally reminded me of salamander. But me too, I want salamander!!!

velo
October 30th, 2013, 02:16 AM
No inks.

How boring.

auto winder
October 30th, 2013, 04:29 AM
I ordered Diamine Salamander (80), Pumpkin (30) and Steel Blue (30) directly from Diamine last night.

antirealist
October 30th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Iroshizuku Fuyu-syogun
R&K Scabiosa
R&K Alt-Goldgrün

And of course, Diamine Salamander, just like everyone else.

VertOlive
November 4th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Made my "Payday" order of samples from Goulet:

J. Herbin Rouge Hematite [I just have to try this....I know it's not for beginners]
Noodler's Burma Road Brown
DeAtramentis Aubergine
Noodler's 54th Massachusetts

Waiting for the right notebook to come along so I can start an Ink Journal.

Mod_wolves
November 4th, 2013, 11:45 AM

J. Herbin Rouge Hematite [I just have to try this....I know it's not for beginners]
DeAtramentis Aubergine

I've recently tried the Burma road and I was surprised how nice it was. It was a pleasant surprise.

I hope you enjoy them all!

velo
November 4th, 2013, 08:19 PM

DeAtramentis Aubergine

Those are all interesting colours.

I wish the J. Herbin RH was still the old formulation, never got to try it out.

Rickygene
November 5th, 2013, 01:05 AM
Just ordered from Goulet:

Diamine Graphite - looks like a good ink for work notes.

Diamine Ancient Copper (to replace the one I killed :-))

Noodlers 54th Massachusetts - tried a sample and it had an indefinable quality to it. There's just something about this ink which grabs my attention.

Noodlers Black - need some basic waterproof black for outdoor work

Very excited to try the 54th and Graphite.

yipe
November 5th, 2013, 01:14 AM
I'm waiting on full bottles of J Herbin Eclat De Saphir and Waterman South Florida Blue.

First time I've ever bought full bottles of ink without trying samples first. I'm especially looking forward to putting these in my Pilot Parallel.

Next payday I'm just going to break down and spend my whole "pen allowance" on a bottle of Kon-Peki, I'm pretty sure.... maybe...

writingrav
November 7th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Waiting for the Diamine Music set to arrive from Goulet's.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

cwent2
November 7th, 2013, 07:01 PM

Noodlers 54th Massachusetts - tried a sample and it had an indefinable quality to it. There's just something about this ink which grabs my attention.

Interested to hear your thoughts on 54th - is it a dark blue or blue black?

yipe
November 8th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Waterman South Florida Blue.

Did I order an ink that doesn't exist? I meant South Seas Blue. "Inspired" blue. Turqouise. And it arrived today and I love it!. Looks good in pens, looks GREAT in a parallel pen. I love it. Now to give Eclat de Saphir a try... after I play a little more with the Waterman.

snedwos
November 8th, 2013, 02:23 PM

Very dark blue black. Kind grayish. I like it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

yipe
November 10th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Of the two most recent inks I got, I like the Waterman South Seas Blue much more than Eclat De Saphir. The J Herbin has a bit of a purple to it that I didn't expect. I want a super-pure blue, maybe liberty's elysium will get me where I want to go. It's still a nice ink no doubt, just not exactly what I was going for. It'll still get some calligraphy time. Just not as much as the Waterman.

Goldfish
November 12th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Next payday I'm just going to break down and spend my whole "pen allowance" on a bottle of Kon-Peki, I'm pretty sure.... maybe...

Diamine Mediterranean Blue and PR Tropical Blue are pretty close to Kon-Peki.

I decided not to get Kon-Peki because I have two bottles of Diamine Tropical Blue LE
, which looks very close to Kon-Peki. Later PR copied the color, and used the same name. Then Diamine brought theirs back as Mediterranean Blue, IIRC.

Rickygene
November 15th, 2013, 06:33 PM

After using 54th for a week at work, here's my micro-review!

I'd characterise the colour as a dark grey-blue, more grey than blue. When put next to a true blue it has hints of gray-green, verdigris to me. It definitely looks greyer and greener than some of the review pictures I have seen. It reminds me of the greenish-grey of the ocean during a storm or the cloud colour just before a hail storm.

I have been using it in a Pilot Vanishing Point (Matt Black) with Richard Binder 0.9 mm cursive italic on Rhodia grid and our office printer paper which is a very well behaved paper. This nib is very sensitive to writing angle and also to the flow qualities of the ink - as expected from such a crisp precision nib. 54th flows beautifully through this nib with no bleed through, feathering or skipping on the paper I am using.

I have been meaning to try the Diamine Graphite but cannot let go of Noodler's 54th. Overall I rate this as a very easy ink to use, well behaved, very interesting colour but subtle enough for everyday business use. Sorry no photos but can't really show work product.

snedwos
November 15th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Just ordered a grey ink sample package, and a bottle of take sumi (as part of a package set).

Tracy Lee
December 7th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Not waiting anymore, but ordered 8 samples from Goulet to play with over the holiday.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/08/ese9anym.jpg

Diamine Salamander
Diamine Ancient Copper
Diamine Evergreen
De Atramentis Sepia Brown
Iroshizuku Shin-Kai
Iroshizuku Tsukushi
Monte Verde Blue Black
Pelikan Edelstein Amber

And I still have other samples waiting to be used! Inky fun. :-)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

AndyT
December 8th, 2013, 03:05 AM
That's an interesting selection, Tracy Lee. I recently received a letter written in Edelstein Amber and it really is wonderful on the page.

HighLife
December 8th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Kon-Peki and Noodler's Eel Blue.

Roefisher
December 8th, 2013, 09:06 AM
That's an interesting selection, Tracy Lee. I recently received a letter written in Edelstein Amber and it really is wonderful on the page.

Couldn't agree more with Andy. Edelstein Amber is a beautiful colour and it's currently sitting beside me in a Pelikan M800. A rare ink, in that it seems to dry richer and deeper. The first time I used it, on Rhodia Webbie, as it came out of the nib wet, I thought it was way too light so I was delighted to see the change! Although I am sure it would be OK with a finer nib, I enjoy the appearance of mine with a broader line which shows it off with the added shading coming through clearer, helping even further.

I hope you enjoy that selection over the holidays, Tracy... they all look great.

Mark

KrazyIvan
December 9th, 2013, 09:14 AM
I ordered last week and it should be here assuming the ice in north Texas is not an issue. Diamine Salamander and Diamine Blue-Black. I am not much of a blue-black kind of guy but I sampled it a while back and liked it.

Also ordered ink for my Canon Pixma printer. That did get delayed in the ice storms and I need it very bad. What? It is ink. :crazy_pilot:

VertOlive
December 9th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Had the day off and got a batch of samples in the mail!

Noodlers Army Green
J Herbin Larmes de Cassis
De Atramentis Giacomo Puccini--far and away my favorite of the bunch!
De Atramentis Sahara Grey
De Atratmentis Khaki
Noodlers Rome Burning--unexpected second place!
Organics Studiosn Join or Die--solid bronze star of the group.

I'm questing after the Perfect Dark Purple and the Ultimate Olive Brown.

Really confused how Noodlers could imagine that to be an Army Green....? Doesn't look anything like my old fatigues...

Roefisher
December 16th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Hopefully in the New Year, I'll be getting a couple of Akkerman Inks. I'm really fascinated by ink bottles in general so these are a must.

Planning on getting a bottle of No. 8 Diep-Duinwaterblauw (blue/black in colour) and No. 22 Hopjesbruin (golden brown in colour)

Mark

lisantica
December 18th, 2013, 06:19 AM
I'm waiting for a bottle of Montblanc racing green. It's been partially used, but ample ink left.

HighLife
December 20th, 2013, 08:30 AM

Still waiting on the Eel Blue, but the Kon Peki has arrived. It is my first ink from Iroshizuku. While the ink flows wonderfully through the nibs that I've inked with it, I was disappointed to find it to be too light for daily use. I prefer deeper hues of blue. Perhaps it can be used for invitations and such, but I suspect that I will get a refillable rollerball for my wife, as she loves it.

Man, I wish that I could find ink brands, locally.

Sailor Kenshin
December 20th, 2013, 08:55 AM

Still waiting on the Eel Blue, but the Kon Peki has arrived. It is my first ink from Iroshizuku. While the ink flows wonderfully through the nibs that I've inked with it, I was disappointed to find it to be too light for daily use. I prefer deeper hues of blue. Perhaps it can be used for invitations and such, but I suspect that I will get a refillable rollerball for my wife, as she loves it.

That's why samples are the way to go. I got samples of Ina-ho, Tsuki-yo and Ku-jaku. Only Ku-jaku made the cut.

Was waiting for the LE MB Leonardo Red Chalk. Reviews said it was dry and smeared. So far, none of that in my Haolilai Golden Pen. It's got a great terra-cotta hue and flows wonderfully.

HighLife
December 20th, 2013, 05:10 PM

That's why samples are the way to go. I got samples of Ina-ho, Tsuki-yo and Ku-jaku. Only Ku-jaku made the cut.

Was waiting for the LE MB Leonardo Red Chalk. Reviews said it was dry and smeared. So far, none of that in my Haolilai Golden Pen. It's got a great terra-cotta hue and flows wonderfully.

Amen... Next time, it's samples first!

HighLife
December 20th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Agree. Next time, it's samples first.

kaisnowbird
December 20th, 2013, 08:13 PM

I'm waiting for a Ku-jaku sample too. Always wanted to buy a bottle of this, but the rational part of me says that I should try before I buy a whole bottle of it. Per chance, I ordered 6 other samples too. :dance3:

Sailor Kenshin
December 21st, 2013, 08:15 AM

I'm waiting for a Ku-jaku sample too. Always wanted to buy a bottle of this, but the rational part of me says that I should try before I buy a whole bottle of it. Per chance, I ordered 6 other samples too. :dance3:

I hope you like it as much as I do!

85AKbN
December 21st, 2013, 08:44 AM
Asa Gao
Visconti Blue

eta: ups dropped them off Christmas eve night...

Roefisher
December 27th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Some new inks on the way...

First, another bottle of Edelstein Amber as I've already used maybe an inch down the bottle I have and really enjoy writing with this one. Also, Sailor Jentle in their Grenade red and Epinard green.

Then, last but not least..... My very first Noodlers inks...... Yay!...... :cheers:

Prime of the Commons Blue/Black and Bullet-proof Black.

Mark

HighLife
December 27th, 2013, 02:05 PM

The Eel Blue arrived. Very nice ink.

HighLife
December 27th, 2013, 02:40 PM

I received the Eel Blue. Slickest ink that I've ever used. It's like writing with oil :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Goldfish
December 27th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Diamine Merlot and Majestic Blue
J. Herbin Cacao du Brésil
Platinum Pigment Rose Pink

Nickp
December 28th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Tsuyu kusa
Momiji

The good news was I found a supplier much cheaper than UK prices, the bad news they are in Japan so may take some time to get here :(

shudaizi
December 28th, 2013, 06:20 PM
None! :(

Waiting till risk of freezing while in the post goes down and then will be ordering some more IG inks to try.

KrazyIvan
December 31st, 2013, 10:37 AM
Received yesterday.

Diamines are Midnight and Twilight. :)

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3711/11652459555_11311866ba_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/11652459555/)
Ink haul for the rest of the year. :-) #fountainpenink #diamine #jherbin (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/11652459555/) by IvanRomero (http://www.flickr.com/people/ivan_romero/), on Flickr

Llewellyn
December 31st, 2013, 02:57 PM
I'm waiting for a 75ml bottle each of Graf von Faber-Castell Cobalt Blue and Moss Green but they've been held up by customs in either the UK or Australia for a couple of weeks which is driving me insane

cwent2
December 31st, 2013, 04:59 PM
Diamine Meadow Green
Sherwood Green
Noodlers #41 Brown

cwent2
December 31st, 2013, 05:00 PM
Received yesterday.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3711/11652459555_11311866ba_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/11652459555/)
Ink haul for the rest of the year. :-) #fountainpenink #diamine #jherbin (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/11652459555/) by IvanRomero (http://www.flickr.com/people/ivan_romero/), on Flickr

photo link is not workiing, not showing up on flickr

KrazyIvan
January 1st, 2014, 05:50 PM
Received yesterday.

photo link is not workiing, not showing up on flickr

Not sure if it is a Flickr thing but I see the photo just fine.

BikerBabe
January 3rd, 2014, 02:13 PM
Just comfirmed my order of four Diamine inks:
Graphite - Sargasso Sea - Oxblood - Kelly Green.
*sitting in front of the mailbox, waiting impatiently* ;)

Tracy Lee
January 3rd, 2014, 05:29 PM
Just comfirmed my order of four Diamine inks:
Graphite - Sargasso Sea - Oxblood - Kelly Green.
*sitting in front of the mailbox, waiting impatiently* ;)

Oxblood is on my list. This looks like a great selection!

BikerBabe
January 6th, 2014, 03:38 PM
Oxblood is on my list. This looks like a great selection!

Thanks. ;)
I have been meaning to get that Oxblood for quite a while, and since my bd's in january, this will be my pressie for myself. ;)
I have mainly got black and blue inks, plus a few of the small Diamine plastic bottles of ink (Ancient Copper, Asa Blue, Red Dragon, Majestic Purple), I wanted to try something else than the blue and black inks, and I have been in love with the Oxblood ever since I saw it online for the first time.
I'm very curious about the Graphite, as well as the Kelly Green and Sargasso Sea, I'm looking forward to test them. :)

dickyB25
January 6th, 2014, 04:16 PM
Noodler's heart of darkness, 54 th massachusetts, and zhivago

cwent2
January 9th, 2014, 08:29 PM
Noodlers 54th Mass and it is writingrav's enablement (new word) that's to blame :)

Cw

dickyB25
January 10th, 2014, 10:24 PM
Noodlers 54th Mass and it is writingrav's enablement (new word) that's to blame :)

Cw

I highly recommend the Noodlers 54th Massachusetts the color is perfect for work

cwent2
January 10th, 2014, 11:09 PM

Cw

I highly recommend the Noodlers 54th Massachusetts the color is perfect for work

Thanks, I am actually hoping it acts like FPN Van Gogh Starry Night, which is also a Noodlers Ink - but is currently unavailable and unknown when it will be.

I have finely seen it on paper and like what I saw.

Fingers crossed for performance.

And it has arrived and I am happy with the performance - don't know if it directly replaces van gogh starry night - but it will definitely work.:)

Llewellyn
January 11th, 2014, 07:07 AM
I'm waiting for a 75ml bottle each of Graf von Faber-Castell Cobalt Blue and Moss Green but they've been held up by customs in either the UK or Australia for a couple of weeks which is driving me insane

Got an email from Cult Pens to say that my 2 bottles were released by HM Customs on 8/1 and they're now on their way. Not too much longer to wait I hope!!

snedwos
January 15th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Noodlers Kiowa pecan and Diamine Graphite, along with paper and a vac700 nib unit.

rdcalhoon
January 15th, 2014, 02:31 PM
A bottle of Noodler's Zhivago and a semi-random collection of samples. De Atramentis Alexander Hamilton, Diamine Lavender and Matador, J. Herbin Poussiere de lune, Noodler's Apache Sunset and Dragon's Napalm Red.

cwent2
January 19th, 2014, 10:45 PM

Cw

I like the color and I can use it - but it does not come close to FPN Van Gogh Starry Night Blue in the Monteverde Invincia Stealth - Medium Nib.....

migo984
January 20th, 2014, 04:57 AM
Nagasawa Kobe No 46 Nagisa Museum Grey
Nagasawa Kobe No 38 Kitanozaka Night Blue

Akkerman No 8 Diep-Duinwaterblauw
Akkerman No 5 Shocking Blue
Akkerman No 13 Simplisties Violet

Chi Town
January 20th, 2014, 08:20 AM
Last nite I just ordered Montblanc Leonardo Red Chalk

Tracy Lee
January 20th, 2014, 03:07 PM
My two small million dollar bottles of Hitchcock Red arrived today. Holy cow, I am thrilled and horrified all at one time! :eek::)

kaisnowbird
January 20th, 2014, 10:46 PM
My two small million dollar bottles of Hitchcock Red arrived today. Holy cow, I am thrilled and horrified all at one time! :eek::)

Let's hope they appreciate in value. Of course, we know you ain't selling. :)

benjitzu
January 20th, 2014, 11:12 PM
Just ordered several bottles of Noodler's ink (Bad Green Gator; #41 Brown; Fox Red; and Bad Belted Kingfisher), and several samples. So excited!

cwent2
January 20th, 2014, 11:23 PM

I have one little sample Vile

KrazyIvan
January 21st, 2014, 11:16 AM

I inquired on the ink when I first saw it but cringed when they told me the price.

Tracy Lee
January 21st, 2014, 02:13 PM

I inquired on the ink when I first saw it but cringed when they told me the price.

The bottles are itty bitty but I am still glad to have it and thank you for the information. My poor husband just shook his head, I heard some muttering, better be drops of vampire blood or something in there. :p
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/22/ajype4y5.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/22/u9uvasy3.jpg

Bogon07
January 21st, 2014, 04:01 PM
I'm still going by my theory AH red is left-over studio blood from the Psycho shower scene.

Nice photo TracyLee & it shows how much smaller the bottle is than the box.

tiffanyhenschel
January 21st, 2014, 07:07 PM
I'm still going by my theory AH red is left-over studio blood from the Psycho shower scene.

Nice photo TracyLee & it shows how much smaller the bottle is than the box.

I like to grade student essays using this ink in a 1.5mm stub sometimes. The shock factor makes it worthwhile. ;)

snedwos
January 21st, 2014, 08:57 PM
Noodlers Kiowa pecan and Diamine Graphite, along with paper and a vac700 nib unit.

I think I've found my favourite brown...

Bogon07
January 22nd, 2014, 03:08 AM
De Atramentis Blackwater Obsession Black-Blue had to wait a whole 2 hours as it was transferred between shops -great service at CSO Sydney.

kaisnowbird
January 22nd, 2014, 08:17 AM
Hi Bogon, what's CSO? (I only know Crown Solicitor's Office and don't think that's it. :p)

Bogon07
January 22nd, 2014, 04:40 PM
Hi Bogon, what's CSO? (I only know Crown Solicitor's Office and don't think that's it. :p)
I'm sure the Crown Solicitor's Office would have a nice range of inks.

CSO in this case is City Stationery Office (I see they have added Choice to the name now er CSOC ). They took over some of the old Penfolds shops.
I usually go to the 299 Elizabeth St one. The big one is at 82 Pitt St, Sydney.

VertOlive
January 22nd, 2014, 04:44 PM
What inks are you waiting for?

Wait, I'm not waiting for any ink!!! Time to order some more samples!

kaisnowbird
January 24th, 2014, 06:52 AM
I'm sure the Crown Solicitor's Office would have a nice range of inks.

CSO in this case is City Stationery Office (I see they have added Choice to the name now er CSOC ). They took over some of the old Penfolds shops.
I usually go to the 299 Elizabeth St one. The big one is at 82 Pitt St, Sydney.

Hey, I go to the Pitt St shop quite often - it's only a block and a half from my work.
As to the Crown Sol's Office, I haven't pillaged their stationery cabinet, but dare say that their ink colour choices can be a little limiting. I do know a few fun geeks who work there though and they are only two blocks from the Pitt St shop too.

velo
January 30th, 2014, 11:25 PM
I couldn't decide which one of the samples I liked more so I ordered 30ml bottles of Diamine Oxblood, Syrah and Ancient Copper.

I like mango pudding
January 31st, 2014, 12:38 AM
I have oxblood, syrah, but not ancient copper. both oxblood and syrah are really nice. I like them a lot. my next diamine is ancient copper, red dragon, and possilbly salamander.

Miss Thundercat
January 31st, 2014, 05:19 AM
I'm waiting for J. Herbin Poussèrre de Lune ink and compare that to the dusky purples I have like Diamine damson and Old caran d'ache storm. The store La couronne du comte has a great deal, 4 bottles for 19.50€ and seeing I didn't have any J. herbin inks why not get 4 at the same time ;) I also purchased vert reséda, vert olive and larme de cassis.

RuiFromUK
January 31st, 2014, 06:20 AM
The whole set of Pelikan Edelstein inks.

VertOlive
February 4th, 2014, 06:43 PM
More samples on the way:

Noodler's Burma Road

Pilot Iroshizuku --Ina Ho

Pilot Iroshizuku --Kosumosu

De Atramentis - Giacomo Puccini

Rohrer & Klingner - Alt-Goldgrun

J Herbin --Lie de The

Cookies
February 4th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Placed an order with isellpens at 5:04, 16 minutes later at 5:20 I received an e-mail saying my order had shipped!

Along with a TWSBI notebook I picked up samples of
Rohrer & Klingner Morinda
Rohrer & Klingner Fernambuk
J. Herbin Gris Nuage
De Atramentis Fog Grey
Iroshizuku Yama Budo (I've probably had 5 samples of this over the years but just can't decide whether or not I want a full bottle)

And a full bottle of De Atramentis Pigeon Blue!

Cookies
February 4th, 2014, 07:41 PM
More samples on the way:

Noodler's Burma Road

J Herbin --Lie de The

Alt Goldgrün and Lie de Thé are two of my absolute favorites. I think you'll enjoy them.

jfsisler
February 8th, 2014, 06:39 PM
I'm waiting on Noodler's Ottoman Rose and Greune Cactus. And a Noodler's Konrad in Python In Pearls (the light version).

velo
February 8th, 2014, 10:20 PM
More samples on the way:

Noodler's Burma Road

J Herbin --Lie de The

I have similar samples on the way:

R&K Alt-Goldgrun

J. Herbin Cacao du Brasil

Noodler's Burma Road Brown, Rome Burning, El Lawrence, Zhivago and Apache Sunset. They really do name them well.

All yet to arrive but I'm already eyeing another lot.

VertOlive
February 8th, 2014, 11:12 PM
More samples on the way:

Noodler's Burma Road

J Herbin --Lie de The

I have similar samples on the way:

R&K Alt-Goldgrun

J. Herbin Cacao du Brasil

Noodler's Burma Road Brown, Rome Burning, El Lawrence, Zhivago and Apache Sunset. They really do name them well.

All yet to arrive but I'm already eyeing another lot.

Burma Road is a favorite of mine. Rome Burning is interesting as well.

Enjoy!

Jon Szanto
February 8th, 2014, 11:33 PM
Waiting no longer...

VertOlive
February 9th, 2014, 08:48 PM
I went off to find an orange-ish ink for the Delta Oro headed my way:

Noodler's Dragons Napalm
Noodler's Apache Sunset
Diamine Pumpkin
Iroshizuku Fuyu Gaki (Winter Persimmon)

Names, I love these names!

rdcalhoon
February 9th, 2014, 09:29 PM
I went off to find an orange-ish ink for the Delta Oro headed my way:

I am also on an orange quest. I have samples of the first three of your group.
The Dragon's Napalm is kind of an orangish-pink fluorescent monstrosity in my eye. Not my thing at all.
I like Apache Sunset for writing. In my fine nib it is a subdued orange with some brown.
Pumpkin is a favorite. A vibrant orange that still writes well with a fine nib. It is aptly named.

I'm still looking at orange inks. It would be interesting to hear your experiences.

velo
February 9th, 2014, 11:39 PM
My Diamine order fell through.

For the life of me I cannot buy inks directly from Diamine's webpage. On my laptop or my iPhone. Anybody outside the UK able to do so?

jfsisler
February 10th, 2014, 05:15 AM
I have oxblood, syrah, but not ancient copper. both oxblood and syrah are really nice. I like them a lot. my next diamine is ancient copper, red dragon, and possilbly salamander.

Red Dragon is a really rich deep burgundy, shades well, has a nice flow. I think you'll enjoy that one.

KrazyIvan
February 10th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Finally decided to get a bottle of Montblanc Toffee Brown.

Mags
February 11th, 2014, 03:49 AM
Oh KI you will not be disappointed. It is a wonderful brown ink and does not misbehave.

KrazyIvan
February 12th, 2014, 09:58 AM
Oh KI you will not be disappointed. It is a wonderful brown ink and does not misbehave.

I bought a sample from Anderson Pens but when I went back to buy a bottle, they were out of stock. I waited since last summer but I finally gave up and went with someone else. I definitely enjoyed my sample. :)

velo
February 15th, 2014, 05:38 AM
Even the samples of Toffee Brown are out of stock at Andersons.

Other samples incoming.

De Atramentis fog grey, silver grey.
Diamine burnt sienna.
J. Herbin cafe des Iles, lie de the, terre de feu.
Monteverde blue-black.
Noodler's black swan english roses.
Organics studio Aristotle, manganate v.
Sailor jentle blue-black.
Stipula Calamo blu della robbia.

Mags
February 15th, 2014, 06:49 AM
This is horrible. Toffee Brown is a staple along with Irish Racing Green. Get yourselves in touch with a Montblanc boutique if you have too. I mean I would wait for Anderson's to restock as they are nice folk. But here in Canada with shipping premium it's about as cheap for me to go to the MB boutique to snag a bottle. I should see if they would mail me a bottle. I bet for a price MB can accommodate every whim.

KrazyIvan
February 17th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Well, the MB Toffee Brown is here. :)

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2869/12590710045_6d11a67fa3_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/12590710045/)
Finally own a bottle of #montblanc Toffee Brown. (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/12590710045/) by IvanRomero (http://www.flickr.com/people/ivan_romero/), on Flickr

imaginerhetoric
February 17th, 2014, 11:42 AM
I'm waiting for J. Herbin Poussèrre de Lune ink and compare that to the dusky purples I have like Diamine damson and Old caran d'ache storm. The store La couronne du comte has a great deal, 4 bottles for 19.50€ and seeing I didn't have any J. herbin inks why not get 4 at the same time ;) I also purchased vert reséda, vert olive and larme de cassis.

I have J. Herbin Poussèrre de Lune (my first ink purchase!) and would love to hear or see how it compares to your dusky purples. :)

bigmac53
February 17th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Ive got Noodles Dragons Napalm and Borelais Black on the way with new a couple new pens

rdcalhoon
February 17th, 2014, 01:40 PM
If today was not a mail holiday I would be up to my elbows in ink. Tomorrow I should receive Diamine Damson and Pumpkin, plus a boatload of samples: Diamine Ancient Copper, Crimson, Evergreen, Oxblood, Red Dragon, Salamander, & Sunset, J. Herbin Larmes de Cassis, Noodler's Bad Green Gator, and R&K Scabiosa.

BikerBabe
March 6th, 2014, 01:59 PM
Just ordered some Diamine ink from Cult Pens today:

80 ml bottles:
Red Dragon - one of my everyday inks, and the original 30 ml bottle that I have is running low.
Wild Strawberry - because it's so incredibly red.
Onyx Black - the black of blackness.

30 ml bottle:
Orange. I'm curious about this one.

Tracy Lee
March 6th, 2014, 02:18 PM
8 more samples got ordered today and I must have been in a brown mood with colors like Sepia and toffee brown and copper burst. Ordered a bottle of Visconti Sepia as I enjoyed the sample a lot. I have a few more on the list but wasn't ready to buy a bunch of bottles for some reason. Mine all coming from the fine folks at Anderson Pens.

kia
March 6th, 2014, 03:39 PM
About a dozen Noodler's "fill in the ink blanks" from the Goulets. I plan on not spending for a long time after this week, so just stocking up.

jackwebb
April 25th, 2014, 04:28 PM
I received my shipment of ink from Amazon today, a bottle of Waterman South Sea blue and Iroshizuku kon-peki. Earthdawn sent me a note written with kon-peki and I had to have it, it was very beautiful.

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m420/irontomkidd/ink/22BA7139-5309-46C5-9337-ED7DA9C3D93B_zpsxgsm511p.jpg
http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m420/irontomkidd/ink/5541D73E-5754-424F-90FB-B8DF656AFEFB_zpshpnswqxa.jpg
http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m420/irontomkidd/ink/C37C06BE-13C6-4617-ACAD-1CA3065222D9_zpskm6jq10k.jpg

ypsilanti
April 30th, 2014, 04:53 PM
Got Goulet's newsletter today, saw the 20% off "Spring Cleaning" sale (plus free shipping), and finally ordered the Diamine Flowers boxed set. It's been sitting on my wishlist for a long time.

And I ordered a pen. And a notebook. I'll tell you more when they arrive! Total impulse buy. Stuff on the wishlist now 20% off? The more you spend, the more you save, right?

Bogon07
April 30th, 2014, 05:01 PM
Waterman South Sea Blue is a much better name than Inspired Blue; I keep reading it as Insipid Blue.

The more you spend, the more you save, right? :pound:

Ypsilanti, congratulations on the Flowers Boxed set.

Noodler's North African Violet & some other Goulet's goodies.

Waiting for the PensDeluxe Shoppe to stock up on Pelikan Edelstein Garnet.

jackwebb
April 30th, 2014, 06:20 PM
[COLOR=#333333]Waterman South Sea Blue is a much better name than Inspired Blue; I keep reading it as Insipid Blue.

I agree, I don't know why they changed them all.

VertOlive
April 30th, 2014, 08:21 PM
And I ordered a pen. And a notebook. I'll tell you more when they arrive! Total impulse buy. Stuff on the wishlist now 20% off? The more you spend, the more you save, right?

Total pen geek logic--works for me!

Waiting on a sample of Diamine Coral. To go with the Neon Coral Lamy I ordered just now...

kaisnowbird
May 1st, 2014, 12:59 AM
Waterman South Sea Blue is a much better name than Inspired Blue; I keep reading it as Insipid Blue.

Hahaha, that's exactly how I read it too.

bleunuitguy
May 1st, 2014, 05:54 AM
Noodlers Black Swan in Australian Roses and Sailor Grenade

jackwebb
May 1st, 2014, 06:16 AM

Two that are on my list.:thumb: Why do they have to make so many cool inks!!!:blink:

kaisnowbird
May 1st, 2014, 08:12 AM
Iroshizuku Ku-jaku.

bleunuitguy
May 1st, 2014, 01:54 PM

Two that are on my list.:thumb: Why do they have to make so many cool inks!!!:blink:

I know - it kills me. :D

I thought that it would be fun to play around with these two. I needed a red to grade papers, but I didn't want just any red. :)

cwent2
May 1st, 2014, 09:40 PM
Montblanc Leonardo Red Chalk

bleunuitguy
May 2nd, 2014, 06:34 PM

I thought that it would be fun to play around with these two. I needed a red to grade papers, but I didn't want just any red. :)

I received my Sailor Grenade and Black Swan today. I really, really like the Grenade a lot. Grenade is a nice color and has superb properties. There is a gold/green sheen to the ink which is an added bonus!

I'm a bit disappointed in the Black Swan. I inked up my Ahab flex pen and it was just meh... The color seems muted and it reminded me of Diamine Syrah. In all fairness to the ink, I'm going to give it more time and work with it some more. There surely is some dramatic shading to be found yet.

I promptly turned around and ordered Sailor Jentle L.E. Yama-Dori and Jentle Blue today. LOL... This is an illness. ;)

kaisnowbird
May 2nd, 2014, 11:21 PM
I visited Sydney's Montblanc boutique earlier in the week, hoping to see the 90th anniversary rose gold pens in person and pick up a bottle of the LE permanent grey ink, only to be told that the pens will not arrive for about another two months!! and the staff there appear to be entirely unaware of the new ink. :rant:

Just exactly how low are we on the pecking order? Just before you reach the Antarctica?

snedwos
May 3rd, 2014, 06:52 AM
I received my bottle of Kobe Shinkaichi Gold, which has been top of my wishlist since Ypsilanti wrote me a letter with it. In my Beaumont right now, along with Diamine Eau de Nil in my Vac700 and Merlot in my Waterman. All fine nibs, interestingly enough.

jackwebb
May 3rd, 2014, 07:18 PM

I received my Sailor Grenade and Black Swan today. I really, really like the Grenade a lot. Grenade is a nice color and has superb properties. There is a gold/green sheen to the ink which is an added bonus!

I'm a bit disappointed in the Black Swan. I inked up my Ahab flex pen and it was just meh... The color seems muted and it reminded me of Diamine Syrah. In all fairness to the ink, I'm going to give it more time and work with it some more. There surely is some dramatic shading to be found yet.

I promptly turned around and ordered Sailor Jentle L.E. Yama-Dori and Jentle Blue today. LOL... This is an illness. ;)

I have really been thinking about the Sailor Jentle Grenade after your post and have looked at several reviews. Today I found out it wasn't a regular production ink, so I ordered two bottles. Why is it every time I find a really cool ink I want to try in the future, its discontinued? I'm telling you its some kind of conspiracy. #$%@&*$ bull $#&@

bleunuitguy
May 4th, 2014, 05:30 AM
Huh... I thought that grenade was a normal production color. It has been around since at least 2011. It also has a regular Jentle label and box, not a LE label/box. Where did you find information that it is a limited edition? I'd like to get down to the bottom of this as I, too, hate it when I find a nice ink and find it is a LE.

79spitfire
May 4th, 2014, 11:10 AM
OH... Whole bunch...
Noodler's highlighter inks, Lighting Blue and St Patty's Ire
and both watererase inks, blue and black.....

free shipping you know....

jackwebb
May 4th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Huh... I thought that grenade was a normal production color. It has been around since at least 2011. It also has a regular Jentle label and box, not a LE label/box. Where did you find information that it is a limited edition? I'd like to get down to the bottom of this as I, too, hate it when I find a nice ink and find it is a LE.
I went to Sailors website to have a look at the specs and it wasn't there, then in did a Google search for Sailor Jentle Grenade discontinued and this was the first site that came up http://www.engeika.com/product/242

bleunuitguy
May 4th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Thanks. I believe I am going to email Sailor. I'll let you all know the outcome.

Brisboy
May 5th, 2014, 03:43 AM
Waiting on some diamine syrah. :D
Oh, and don't tell anyone, but also some poky violet.

jokeruk
May 5th, 2014, 12:06 PM
Now waiting on some Rohrer & Klingner Solferino and Verdura to go in my brand new Lamy Al Star :)

Toffer
May 5th, 2014, 03:43 PM
Lamy coral and Diamine/Cult pens dark green :)

gwgtaylor
May 5th, 2014, 07:23 PM
Sailor BungBox sapphire, ruby tears of a clown and purple ink of witch. :-)

VertOlive
May 5th, 2014, 08:11 PM

I notice it looks like it's available on the nibs.com site...

jackwebb
May 5th, 2014, 08:33 PM

I notice it looks like it's available on the nibs.com site...

I found it available quite a few places, just not sure they are making it any more. I would be very interested to hear what bleunuitguy finds out from Sailor.

bleunuitguy
May 6th, 2014, 04:44 AM
I received a reply from a kind gentleman named Chris at Sailor. Grenade used to be a special limited edition seasonal color but because it was so popular, it became part of the regular color range. Chris did indicate that they are going to evaluating the regular color range and may include other popular seasonal colors from the past. My vote is to include Yama Dori. ;)

jackwebb
May 6th, 2014, 07:38 AM
I received a reply from a kind gentleman named Chris at Sailor. Grenade used to be a special limited edition seasonal color but because it was so popular, it became part of the regular color range. Chris did indicate that they are going to evaluating the regular color range and may include other popular seasonal colors from the past. My vote is to include Yama Dori. ;)

Excellent, thanks for the update.

kia
May 6th, 2014, 05:09 PM
Awaiting my first Ink Drop from the Goulets. I decided I could at least play around and sample other inks outside my norm without having to buy full bottles.

jackwebb
May 7th, 2014, 08:26 PM
My shipment of Sailor Jentle Grenade arrived today and it looks as good in person as in the reviews. I only wish my pens wrote a little wetter to get the most out of the ink.

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m420/irontomkidd/ink/IMG_0108_zps8adc5b1a.jpg
http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m420/irontomkidd/ink/0432f87a-07fd-4efb-b0dd-122adccdc4f6_zps5f0ba6ee.jpg

Sailor Kenshin
May 8th, 2014, 07:50 AM
Ooooo...SHEEEN!

Silverbreeze
May 8th, 2014, 08:35 AM
Hmm does anyone know how Diamine Red Dragon compare to MontBlanc LE Divinci Red Chalk?
I am looking for a replacement for the Red Chalk and the Albert Einstein as those will probably disappear soon

ypsilanti
May 8th, 2014, 09:16 AM
Hmm does anyone know how Diamine Red Dragon compare to MontBlanc LE Divinci Red Chalk?
I am looking for a replacement for the Red Chalk and the Albert Einstein as those will probably disappear soon

Red Dragon is more red than Red Chalk. Diamine Ancient Copper is closer. Noodlers Antietam is another nice red-brown. That Red Chalk is awfully pretty and I don't have anything else quite like it.

Silverbreeze
May 8th, 2014, 09:55 AM
Red Dragon is more red than Red Chalk. Diamine Ancient Copper is closer. Noodlers Antietam is another nice red-brown. That Red Chalk is awfully pretty and I don't have anything else quite like it.

Exactly the issue

Silverbreeze
May 8th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Waiting for...

Where do you buy your Mantblanc inks from?
I find Diamine everywhere but so far only Pen Boutique carries MontBlanc as far as I know

DrChumley
May 8th, 2014, 03:35 PM
Where do you buy your Mantblanc inks from?
I find Diamine everywhere but so far only Pen Boutique carries MontBlanc as far as I know

World Lux in Seattle carries Montblanc ink, and they had several Red Chalk in stock the last time I was there (a couple of weeks ago.) I don't know how up-to-date their website is, but if you give them a call, they will ship.

Silverbreeze
May 8th, 2014, 04:13 PM
The way it's been explained to me by the Goulet team is MontBlanc and Viscounti have some sort of Brick and Mortar reg in their policies.

Wonder if the Andersons carry MontBlanc yet

Tracy Lee
May 8th, 2014, 08:03 PM
The way it's been explained to me by the Goulet team is MontBlanc and Viscounti have some sort of Brick and Mortar reg in their policies.

Wonder if the Andersons carry MontBlanc yet

Yes, they do carry Mont Blanc ink, bottles and samples.

Tracy Lee
May 8th, 2014, 08:05 PM
I ordered two bottles of the red chalk. Not willing to be in the same boat as I recently was with the Hitchcock Red over a limited edition ink once it is gone. It is an interesting color.

Silverbreeze
May 8th, 2014, 08:10 PM
I ordered two bottles of the red chalk. Not willing to be in the same boat as I recently was with the Hitchcock Red over a limited edition ink once it is gone. It is an interesting color.

I bought 2 of the red chalk and the Einstien

Silverbreeze
May 8th, 2014, 08:13 PM
Awaiting my first Ink Drop from the Goulets. I decided I could at least play around and sample other inks outside my norm without having to buy full bottles.

One of my EDC pens is always an inkdrop. Only way I can keep myself from hording them :-)

VertOlive
May 8th, 2014, 09:10 PM
My shipment of Sailor Jentle Grenade arrived today and it looks as good in person as in the reviews. I only wish my pens wrote a little wetter to get the most out of the ink.

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m420/irontomkidd/ink/IMG_0108_zps8adc5b1a.jpg
http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m420/irontomkidd/ink/0432f87a-07fd-4efb-b0dd-122adccdc4f6_zps5f0ba6ee.jpg

Totally getting some of this, I think it would do well in my music nib or the TWSBI 1.5.

But what's up with the name??

jackwebb
May 8th, 2014, 09:16 PM
Totally getting some of this, I think it would do well in my music nib or the TWSBI 1.5.

But what's up with the name??

I think it has to do with it being the shade of pomegranate...

The French term grenade for pomegranate has given its name to the military grenade.[20] Soldiers commented on the similar shape of early grenades and the name entered common usage.

VertOlive
May 8th, 2014, 10:23 PM
I think it has to do with it being the shade of pomegranate...

The French term grenade for pomegranate has given its name to the military grenade.[20] Soldiers commented on the similar shape of early grenades and the name entered common usage.

My mind has been expanded, I never would have guessed. Humble thanks!

VertOlive
May 8th, 2014, 10:27 PM
My "Improvised Ink Drop" from isellpens:

Sailor Jentle Grenade
Noodlers Antietam
Iroshizuku Winter Persimmon (fave)
Noodlers Bad Belted Kingfisher
Organic Studio Walt Whitman
Private Reserve Spearmint

bleunuitguy
May 9th, 2014, 05:18 AM

It's a nice color, eh? :) I love Grenade. Well, I love Sailor inks too. LOL
I've got Ultramarine, Blue, and Yama Dori on the way...

VertOlive
May 9th, 2014, 07:21 AM
So with the shading on the Jentle Grenade, is there the clogging we get with the J Herbin Rouge Hematite?

bleunuitguy
May 9th, 2014, 10:09 AM
So with the shading on the Jentle Grenade, is there the clogging we get with the J Herbin Rouge Hematite?

I just cleaned it out of my Lamy Al-Star. It cleaned out easily and I don't see any gunk/build up. It was in the pen for about a week and a half to two weeks.

jackwebb
May 9th, 2014, 11:41 AM

I think it's a property of the ink more like Iroshizuku then a suspended additive like the J Herbin Rouge Hematite. But I'm not 100% on that.

tiffanyhenschel
May 9th, 2014, 05:40 PM
Sailor Grenade performs well for me, too. I would agree that it is similar to an Iroshizuku ink, although the red in it makes it an effort to rinse completely out of a feed.

kaisnowbird
May 9th, 2014, 07:49 PM

Is the Red Chalk similar to J Herbin Terre de Feu?

VertOlive
May 9th, 2014, 10:21 PM

I asked Goulet what of their stock might compare to th Red Chalk, they suggested Private Reserve Vampire Red for what it's worth...

Sailor Kenshin
May 10th, 2014, 04:47 AM

Not all that similar if I recall, but as I was going to load a pen with Red Chalk I can run a quick check later.

Silverbreeze
May 10th, 2014, 07:11 AM

Now I want a J Herbin ink....
:-)

ypsilanti
May 10th, 2014, 07:44 AM

I asked Goulet what of their stock might compare to th Red Chalk, they suggested Private Reserve Vampire Red for what it's worth...

I tried a sample of PR Vampire Red about a year ago. In my ink journal I actually drew a line through the entry and noted "gloppy". I wish I knew precisely what I meant by that. I really like the color. It's similar to Red Chalk, but darker. In my ink journal I'm clearly warning my future self, but perhaps I'll try another sample (to find out what spooked me). Has anyone else out there tried the PR Vampire Red?

Sailor Kenshin
May 10th, 2014, 07:44 AM

Now I want a J Herbin ink....
:-)

I just tested them both using the same pen as a dipper.

JH Terre de Feu has distinct burgundy undertones. It even looks pinkish in the bottle.

MB Red Chalk has distinct orange undertones. So, nothing alike, really.

I will be loading my Haolilai Goldpen with Red Chalk, a winning combination I discovered by accident.

Toffer
May 11th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Here is a picture of my Lamy Coral for you VertOlive, sorrys its not a very good picture!

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5494/13960680667_d0fa54cb59_c.jpg

VertOlive
May 11th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Here is a picture of my Lamy Coral for you VertOlive, sorrys its not a very good picture!

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5494/13960680667_d0fa54cb59_c.jpg

Thanks! The ink seems very similar to the Diamine Coral that I'm using, at least on my monitor. I think I'll be looking for a color just a tad more saturated once my sample is gone.

Lady Onogaro
May 11th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Monteverde makes something called Fluorescent Orange for Lamy pens--do you think this is what you have in yours, Toffer? Here's a link: http://www.goldspot.com/Lamy_pens/Refills/L302FOR.html

Bogon07
May 11th, 2014, 09:55 PM
Montblanc Midnight Blue a Blue-Black.Blauschwarz.bleu-noir.blu nero.azul negro waiting impatiently to get home to open the box.
hmmm it has a use by date Nov2018 !!!!

Pennanngalan
May 11th, 2014, 11:33 PM
I'm Waiting on a 3 oz. bottle of Noodler's #41 Brown. Should be waiting at the PO today or tomorrow :)

Brisboy
May 13th, 2014, 07:26 AM
Still waiting for diamine syrah and now also j. Herbin Burmese amber which looks to be very interesting.

caribbean_skye
May 14th, 2014, 05:31 AM
awaiting Iroshiuku chiku-rin, Diamine deep magenta and diamine matador red

vikramguliya
May 21st, 2014, 11:39 PM
I was waiting for Waterman, South Sea Blue, but now i'm no more interested

migo984
May 22nd, 2014, 02:24 AM
The new Sailor Nagasawa Kobe #48 Marchais Blue.

I couldn't resist ..............

migo984
May 22nd, 2014, 04:05 AM
I've been waiting for ages to get hold of a bottle of BungBox Melancholic Grey, as it's only been available in packs of 12 until recently. It's now available as singles for a while; and look what's just arrived in the post.

Thanks to Atsu (cool-japan) for his usual wonderful service (no affil)

tandaina
May 23rd, 2014, 11:48 AM
Have a bottle of De Atramentis Apple Blossom coming. It was in the Ink Drop this month and I just adored it in my Nakaya. Shaded, so well behaved, and such a sweet gentle color. Had to have a bottle. Smells nice too.

mtnbiker62
May 23rd, 2014, 12:22 PM
Nagasawa Kobe inks No.39 Kobe Brick Brown Red, No.6 Kobe Bordeaux, and No.8 Arima Amber. Out for delivery right now...can't wait to get home and try them out. Oh wait, they're supposed to be my birthday present. Don't know if I can wait 3 weeks or not!

conib
May 23rd, 2014, 01:02 PM
Nagasawa Kobe inks No.39 Kobe Brick Brown Red, No.6 Kobe Bordeaux, and No.8 Arima Amber. Out for delivery right now...can't wait to get home and try them out. Oh wait, they're supposed to be my birthday present. Don't know if I can wait 3 weeks or not!

I love #39 Kobe Brick Brown-Red. I've currently got it in 2 pens: a Prera "CM" and a Custom 98 "M".

#39 flows better for me than Ancient Copper in my Prera "CM" (actually, AC doesn't flow very much at all my Prera "CM"), and #39's shading performance is equal to AC's in my Custom 98.

Visually, to me #39's red color is a slightly "cooler" shade than AC (leaning slightly more away from orange than AC) and its dark shading is a slightly lighter brown than AC's. And -- it looks great on Rhodia R.

-- Constance

mtnbiker62
May 23rd, 2014, 01:31 PM

I love #39 Kobe Brick Brown-Red. I've currently got it in 2 pens: a Prera "CM" and a Custom 98 "M".

#39 flows better for me than Ancient Copper in my Prera "CM" (actually, AC doesn't flow very much at all my Prera "CM"), and #39's shading performance is equal to AC's in my Custom 98.

Visually, to me #39's red color is a slightly "cooler" shade than AC (leaning slightly more away from orange than AC) and its dark shading is a slightly lighter brown than AC's. And -- it looks great on Rhodia R.

-- Constance

I'm grooving on the MB Leonardo Chalk Red ink right now, but its a limited edition one, so I'm hoping that the #39 Kobe Brick Brown-Red will be close enough to help me extend my supply! And Sailor inks always flow soooooo nicely. I'm really looking forward to trying it.

Silverbreeze
May 23rd, 2014, 01:36 PM
I'm grooving on the MB Leonardo Chalk Red ink right now, but its a limited edition one, so I'm hoping that the #39 Kobe Brick Brown-Red will be close enough to help me extend my supply! And Sailor inks always flow soooooo nicely. I'm really looking forward to trying it.

Please report back I am in the same boat with MB LE

snedwos
June 17th, 2014, 10:08 PM
Sailor Jentle Sky High, Grenade and Apricot.

Tracy Lee
June 18th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Sailor Epinard, Apricot, and Granade. PR Avacado.

Jon Szanto
June 18th, 2014, 05:40 PM

ypsilanti
June 18th, 2014, 06:42 PM

Please report back I am in the same boat with MB LE

You'll find the Kobe to be darker than the MB Red Chalk. But it's a gorgeous ink! Brick Brown Red is one of my favorites.

Lady Onogaro
June 20th, 2014, 03:19 PM
I bought Levenger Cobalt Blue because I saw some samples of it (via Pendleton Brown). I got it today, filled a pen with it, and I am just not sure about it. Either the ink doesn't like the pen (Jinhao 159 with a Goulet nib), or the paper (but P Brown used it on Rhodia just as I am). It's blobbed on me twice. Not sure what to do.

Silverbreeze
June 20th, 2014, 03:28 PM
I bought Levenger Cobalt Blue because I saw some samples of it (via Pendleton Brown). I got it today, filled a pen with it, and I am just not sure about it. Either the ink doesn't like the pen (Jinhao 159 with a Goulet nib), or the paper (but P Brown used it on Rhodia just as I am). It's blobbed on me twice. Not sure what to do.

May be the feed of the pen

Sailor Kenshin
June 20th, 2014, 05:47 PM

I love Levenger inks, and Cobalt was my first...but they are very thick. Try diluting the ink with a little water and see if that helps.

Silverbreeze
June 20th, 2014, 06:28 PM

I love Levenger inks, and Cobalt was my first...but they are very thick. Try diluting the ink with a little water and see if that helps.

Some inks need that

VertOlive
June 21st, 2014, 07:51 AM
Well....this is all because of the incredible ink samples from migo that came to me as a PIF.

Two bottles [all I could afford at one time] of Sailor Kingdom Note inks from Atsu shipping from Japan:

Birds--Nipponia nipon. (Reddish orange)

Insects--Tanna japonensis (green)

No idea how long these take to get here, but quickly using the samples to write to everyone in order to show off the ink!

This is the wonderful Ripple Effect of a PIF !

ypsilanti
June 21st, 2014, 04:10 PM
Today I bought JetPens' last bottle of Sailor Jentle Apricot.

caribbean_skye
June 21st, 2014, 05:14 PM

Finally opened my bottle today. Bought it untested and gotta admit that I love this colour.

ypsilanti
June 21st, 2014, 06:17 PM

Finally opened my bottle today. Bought it untested and gotta admit that I love this colour.

I've not tried it myself. Strange, considering my fondness for orange inks.

caribbean_skye
June 21st, 2014, 06:38 PM

I've not tried it myself. Strange, considering my fondness for orange inks.

That surprises me too *smiles*

Alex2014
June 22nd, 2014, 05:14 AM
PR: Plum, Arabian Rose, Fiesta Red, Burgundy Mist
Noodler's: Saguaro Wine, Burgundy, Cactus Fruit
Diamine: Denim, Imperial Blue, Imperial Purple, Presidential Blue, Ancient Cooper, Merlot

60+ bottles is already too much

RuiFromUK
June 22nd, 2014, 05:54 AM
Oh dear. I shouldn't have come here and see Alex's photo of all the ink bottles. I am finding it difficult to contain myself and get some more ink bottles. :)

ypsilanti
June 22nd, 2014, 12:10 PM
60+ bottles is already too much

One can never have too much ink.

ypsilanti
June 23rd, 2014, 07:17 PM
Received an email from JetPens. Someone else got the last bottle of Sailor Jentle Apricot, so they're refunding my money. Boo-hoo.

Bogon07
June 23rd, 2014, 07:53 PM
Received an email from JetPens. Someone else got the last bottle of Sailor Jentle Apricot, so they're refunding my money. Boo-hoo.
Commiserations.

Why does this happen so often with inventory software around ?

caribbean_skye
June 23rd, 2014, 08:15 PM

I think andersonpens.net still has some

no affiliation just a happy customer

ypsilanti
June 23rd, 2014, 09:11 PM
Commiserations.

Why does this happen so often with inventory software around ?

Because no matter how good the software, people must get involved and we often screw things up. :-)

The good news is I'm back in the game. Just placed an order with Pen Chalet.

ypsilanti
June 24th, 2014, 09:34 AM
The saga continues! JetPens wrote again -- they found that last bottle in their warehouse and are shipping it to me. So I'm going from zero to two bottles of Sailor Jentle Apricot. It better be good!

caribbean_skye
June 24th, 2014, 05:04 PM
The saga continues! JetPens wrote again -- they found that last bottle in their warehouse and are shipping it to me. So I'm going from zero to two bottles of Sailor Jentle Apricot. It better be good!

lol. if you dont like it lemme know. I had a similar issue with something i ordered for my mother just before Christmas.

tarheel1
June 30th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Ordered a bottle of Sailor Kobe #1 Rokko and a bottle of Pilot Iroshizuku Murasaki-Shikibu.

ArnieJB
July 10th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Noodler's Liberty's Elysium from Goulet

Silverbreeze
July 10th, 2014, 08:06 PM
Noodler's Liberty's Elysium from Goulet

Love that blue

snedwos
July 11th, 2014, 06:32 AM

It's soooooooo pretty...

Better than Apache Sunset in my opinion. It's a more 'pure' orange, a more authentically 'secondary' hue. Sunset has just a hint of brown about it, and it leans redder too.

Austin_Malone
July 11th, 2014, 07:45 AM
Cross Blue is exactly the same as Pelikan 4001 Royal blue just at a markup.