PDA

View Full Version : SOLD FS: Pelikan 400NN (Vintage, Grey Stripe, Very Rare, 14C F Nib)

Zhivago
June 16th, 2022, 10:02 PM
For sale is a vintage Pelikan 400NN grey stripe fountain pen with a 14C F nib. The general condition is very good. The cap and barrel have typical wear (light scratches/scuffs) from age and normal use. As shown in my 6th picture, one of the scratches on the barrel is more of a small chip. It is not a crack that goes through the barrel and does not leak. The gold trim still presents well but does have some light brassing/plating loss. The barrel's translucence is excellent. The F nib has some give but I wouldn't call it semi-flex. The piston filling mechanism is in working order and moving up and down the barrel very smoothly. Vintage Pelikans can have issues with the section shrinking, but I was able to unscrew the nib unit and screw it back in without any issue.

The grey stripe was an export model and is now a very rare color in the 400NN line. The color is subtle and looks as much like a light or olive green as it does grey. There are better pictures of what the color looks like at Dominic Rothemel's excellent site: https://www.pelikan-collectibles.com/en/Pelikan/Models/Revised-Piston-Fillers/400NN-Basis/index.html

$260 including shipping in the USA. If you are interested, please send me a private message. Thank you.