PDA

View Full Version : The Reefer in Germany / Irony in Any Language

Niner
June 19th, 2022, 09:28 PM
I cracked the top on a new bottle of Noodler's Habanero and used it in a Platinum Preppy with a Platinum converter, thinking of posting the result with an ink review. The sentence, written in German, means in English "One should drink more beer, because beer-drinking is good." It was just something to write. The next thing I did was take a quick look at news headlines and notice that Germany is likely to legalize the recreational use of marijuana later this year. Thus I ponder whether one should be free to smoke more marijuana because marijuana-smoking is good.

The risk of stoned drivers troubles me; though development of reliable devices for field testing of THC intoxication is in progress, it hasn't been successful yet. And I noticed in the last day or two another news story, one in which a former heavyweight boxing champion punched an extremely annoying person a few times for being so annoying. The boxer excused his actions based partly on having been stoned at the time. Perhaps a law covering "stoned and disorderly" could be rolled into the "drunk and disorderly" law. More broadly, tweaking laws about alcohol possession and use could address potential problems.

The same news story also mentioned that Germany is considering lowering the voting age to 16. Obviously, German legislators are already testing the marijuana.

And all I really wanted to do was talk about Habanero ink, but marijuana influenced my thinking. It's insidious!

dneal
June 21st, 2022, 08:02 PM
Sind Sie Deutsch?

Niner
June 22nd, 2022, 08:36 PM
Nein, Amerikaner.