PDA

View Full Version : Creepy Green Ink

yipe
August 19th, 2013, 01:54 AM
In addition to being a budding fountain pen geek, I'm also a pen and paper tabletop roleplayer (think Dungeons and Dragons if you don't know what that means). I have an idea for an adventure to send my group on, and it involves finding an old page of writing concerning the monsters they are facing. I'd like the ink I use when I actually make that page (I love introducing props, handouts, etc) to be a creepy, monster-y shade of green. Scribal Work Shop's Leviathan comes to mind, as does Noodler's Army Green and Dragon Catfish Green, but I thought I'd ask you guys what shade you thought would be best for a bit of horror writing before I made any orders or put pen to paper.

So what do you think? What green ink would be creepy enough to add that little chilling detail to my prop? Any other ideas to make writing on a page look creepy?

Jeph
August 19th, 2013, 02:25 AM
While not a green, Diamine Oxblood does a pretty good job of looking like dried blood with the right pen. That could be another option. I have not tested any greens so I cannot help with those.

yipe
August 19th, 2013, 02:43 AM
I thought about that exact ink as well, but I was going to use oxblood actually in another adventure that has vampires (I like to use letters to give my players clues) and the one I was thinking of involved Lovecraftian sea monsters, so I thought green would be more suitable.

Sailor Kenshin
August 19th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Army Green or Bad Green Gator, while not exactly creepy, do have a sort of swampiness and darkness. Diamine Green Black might work, too.

Try the Goulet Swab shop. You can sort by colors!

WendyNC
August 19th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Another one to consider is Noodler's Burma Road Brown which, in the right pen, can have quite a "swampy" look.

Feardorcha
August 24th, 2013, 12:19 PM
+1 for Diamine Green Black. It certainly puts me in mind of Elder Gods. J. Herbin Vert Empire would be my other choice, especially if used with a broad nib.

southpaw52
August 24th, 2013, 04:03 PM
My suggestion would DeAtramentis "Mandragota" , very interesting earthy green with the scent of wet earth to match.

klpeabody
August 24th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Perhaps, Stipula Verde Musciato.

sloegin
August 24th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Akkerman Bezuidenwoudgroen #27. http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/894-Seven-New-(to-me)-P-W-Akkerman-Inks

Tracy Lee
August 24th, 2013, 06:22 PM
I cannot participate in any thread that includes J Herbin Vert Empire as a creepy green when it looks amazing in my stub. ;-) But when you want to talk creepy colors you'll find me in the red thread. Carry on!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Feardorcha
August 25th, 2013, 01:51 AM
I cannot participate in any thread that includes J Herbin Vert Empire as a creepy green when it looks amazing in my stub. ;-) But when you want to talk creepy colors you'll find me in the red thread. Carry on!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

I agree it is an amazing green, but the shading range induced by a broad nib gives it (at least for me) the devilishly creepy feel I'd always associated with the Lovecraftian mythos.