PDA

View Full Version : Pelikan M600 logo on cap and nib..

ilangai
August 19th, 2013, 11:33 AM
I just got in the mail my winning from eBay.. A very nice Pelikan M600 in black.
After examine it for few minutes, I realized that the logo on the cap is the black with a Pelikan and one chick (the logo previous to the metallic one with newer models) and on the nib it is the Pelikan with two chicks (an even previous version)..
After looking through some other sells on eBay, I found there are situations that the logos are like with my pen.. Is that normal? Was there a period with the, then, new logo that Pelikan supplied them with older logo nibs because they still had some in stock? .. or, did I get a frankenpen?

jar
August 19th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Companies make changes as stocks run out. It is not at all unusual to see situations like you describe.

sargetalon
August 19th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Perfectly normal. I have several Pelikans that display exactly what you describe. Even though changes were implemented in certain years by the manufacturer, these are generally filtered in as old stock is exhausted.

ilangai
August 19th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Thanx all for your input.. I've just entered the Pelikan website and watched the Souverän line.. And the picture of the black one was with two chicks.. So, I guess this is normal

printhardcopy
October 5th, 2013, 07:49 AM

ilangai
October 5th, 2013, 11:53 AM

These are the known logos through the years.. The issue with my pen is, it got the second logo from the right on the cap (1 chick, black background) and a 2 chicks logo on the nib.. But as i checked on the same model pictured in the Pelikan website, it is normal

printhardcopy
October 5th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Ya, is normal.

Cos the nibs will continue to sell until the stock ends.