PDA

View Full Version : Texas educators propose referring to slavery as 'involuntary relocation' in public sc

Lloyd
June 30th, 2022, 10:14 PM
WTF? Is this USA Today article for real? It's titled "Texas educators propose referring to slavery as 'involuntary relocation' in public schools". https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/education/2022/06/30/texas-slavery-involuntary-relocation-social-studies/7784249001/

Typos courtesy of Samsung Auto-Incorrect™

TSherbs
July 1st, 2022, 04:22 AM
It's actually an article from the Associated Press. Seems real enough. Texas.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Chuck Naill
July 1st, 2022, 06:53 AM
"Remember the Alamo".

Chip
July 1st, 2022, 12:26 PM
Wonder what sort of mumblespeak they'll come up with for lynching.

Involuntary suspension?

Niner
July 1st, 2022, 09:11 PM
I read it elsewhere and believe the report is accurate. The report that I read referred only to second grade classes using the new terminology. It was not stated whether older children's classes would use the Newspeak term.

So they don't want to teach anything that might hurt someone's feelings. Strictly followed, that rule would ban the teaching of just about everything. I dare say that many topics that might hurt feelings are very important to teach. But I'm sure that what I'm preaching is what the choir posted above.

Niner
July 1st, 2022, 09:14 PM

How does it occurring in Texas make the report seem more likely accurate?

TSherbs
July 2nd, 2022, 04:42 AM

How does it occurring in Texas make the report seem more likely accurate?You from the US?

Chuck Naill
July 2nd, 2022, 09:04 AM

How does it occurring in Texas make the report seem more likely accurate?You from the US?

Perhaps living in another country under a different name….sorry Bob Dylan. Or more, been living in a closet for the past 200 years.