PDA

View Full Version : My first fountain pen disappointment: Lamy Safari LINE friends "Sally"

TFarnon
July 15th, 2022, 01:53 AM
Yeah, it's cute and all, and it's a cheery yellow, but it just looks so plastic! Given the usual price range for Lamy Safaris, I shouldn't really be surprised. I paid a premium for the scarcity/limited edition factor on this pen. It's the first time I don't think that the premium is 100% justified. I understand it, but I still don't think it's justified. Ah, well...lesson learned. The Sailor x LINE friends "Sally" is about triple the price, and it's a much nicer pen. Again, not surprising.

None of that diminishes my appreciation for other Lamy products--my vintage Ratio, my Dialog cc and my Dialog 3, my burlwood Accent, my Imporium and the other assorted intermediate price pens.

Sailor Kenshin
July 15th, 2022, 11:50 AM
Oddly enough, my first Lamy Safari was a dud, and this was way before innerwebz or learning about simple repairs. It was scratchy and stingy, a very simple repair for me now. But I ended up giving it away, and then buying a similar one back decades later.

Motomachi10
July 29th, 2022, 11:25 PM
The Lamy Safari with the special Line additions Sally has a special yellow or it is the same colour as the permanent catalogue pen?

Yazeh
July 30th, 2022, 08:52 AM
For me the nib is a paramount, if it's the same nib, I don't see the point of paying a premium price for a different/ color body... :)

drnrp
January 17th, 2023, 09:19 AM
It's a different yellow—sort of pastel.