PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again: losers claiming fraud...

TSherbs
July 16th, 2022, 05:34 PM
...and even before the election occurs...

Sound familiar? It should. All Trump followers who, when they lose (or even before--just as Trump did) claim that there was fraud.

The WORST examples of civic leadership.

https://apnews.com/article/republican-primary-losers-claim-fraud-parroting-trump-7730988a009dfa0873e8133e19232562

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Chuck Naill
July 18th, 2022, 06:11 AM
When Trump first suggested is was cheated, I thought sore loser. To me it would be like claiming I had beaten Usain Bolt in a foot race. However, I was raised differently. Winning isn't winning unless you compete according to the rules. With Trump, rules apply to everyone except him and his family.

Brooks posted an op-ed this week discussing that Americans are weary of the current political system. He thinks a political outsider and a Ross Perot type might be the ticket. I don't like the idea of a person who is not acquainted with the system. Career government servants deserve someone that knows the system and how to work it. This is why a Cheney/Kinzinger is an attractive choice for me.

Brooks said half of the Republicans are ready to move on from Trump.

Everyone is disappointed with Biden, but me. He was a viable alternative to Trump and for that he served the purpose well.

TSherbs
July 18th, 2022, 06:31 AM
When Trump first suggested is was cheated, I thought sore loser.

He actually was saying it when the polls started showing that he was losing ground in the fall.

When a reporter asked if he woud accept the results of the election, he replied, "Only if I win." Truth, it turns out.

724Seney
July 18th, 2022, 07:36 AM

Sound familiar? It should. All Trump followers who, when they lose (or even before--just as Trump did) claim that there was fraud.

Well, Trump learned how to do it in 2016 from a real pro.............
https://www.yahoo.com/video/hillary-clinton-maintains-2016-election-160716779.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77i_pC3lp04

Chuck Naill
July 18th, 2022, 08:51 AM
From memory, Clinton won the popular vote by 3 million and lost the election. Biden won by 11 million. Tump never won the popular vote. He only won because of our Electoral College system.

So, Trump was never popular except with his base and many Reagan Republicans that could never vote for Clinton. Many of them had had enough after four years and went with Biden. For me it was an act of patriotism.

TSherbs
July 18th, 2022, 12:08 PM
What, an HRC and DJT equivalency? That's a joke!

Chuck Naill
July 18th, 2022, 01:41 PM
At least I didn’t post “what about this “!! Lol!

724Seney
July 18th, 2022, 02:10 PM

The "joke," if you wish to call it that, is how you two are trying to dance around the fact that Hillary exhibited the same post election behavior as did the Republicans with whom you find so much fault.

dneal
July 18th, 2022, 02:42 PM

The "joke," if you wish to call it that, is how you two are trying to dance around the fact that Hillary exhibited the same post election behavior as did the Republicans with whom you find so much fault.

She still pushes the Russian narrative for her loss, even in light of the fact that it is a hoax of her own making.

Chuck Naill
July 18th, 2022, 02:49 PM
Seriously you two. She didn’t try to bring down democracy. That said, thanks to you both as Trumpian hold outs. It does me good to hear you both try to justify your idiocy.

724Seney
July 18th, 2022, 02:59 PM
Seriously you two. She didn’t try to bring down democracy. That said, thanks to you both as Trumpian hold outs. It does me good to hear you both try to justify your idiocy.

Chuck: This thread, initiated by you and TSherbs is about people who have claimed they were victims of a stolen election.
If you wish to pivot away from that because it has been pointed out that Hillary did the exact same thing, you are welcome to do so.
But, cut the peripheral wise cracks, crap and insinuations. Just accept the fact that you two opened the wrong door and move on.

TSherbs
July 18th, 2022, 03:52 PM

The "joke," if you wish to call it that, is how you two are trying to dance around the fact that Hillary exhibited the same post election behavior as did the Republicans with whom you find so much fault.Like I said, false equivalency.

724Seney
July 18th, 2022, 03:57 PM

The "joke," if you wish to call it that, is how you two are trying to dance around the fact that Hillary exhibited the same post election behavior as did the Republicans with whom you find so much fault.Like I said, false equivalency.

Thanks for the very unnecessary, editorial, oxymoron.
Just a simple "Yes" or "No" please.

So, to be clear, you are saying she did not do it??

dneal
July 18th, 2022, 04:16 PM
TSherbs is right. They’re not equivalent. Unlike Hillary, Trump won an election.

Chuck Naill
July 18th, 2022, 04:55 PM
Never won.

TSherbs
July 18th, 2022, 06:11 PM

Well, they all went to sleep at some point, breathed air, got dressed the next day. So, sure. Me, too.

"Yes"

TSherbs
July 18th, 2022, 06:12 PM
Never won.Trump won the election in 2016. Not sure what you mean. The popular national vote?

724Seney
July 18th, 2022, 06:40 PM

Well, they all went to sleep at some point, breathed air, got dressed the next day. So, sure. Me, too.

"Yes"

Yes, of course. The many written, first person accounts and uncontested videos of her doing so are all fake news.

TSherbs
July 18th, 2022, 06:46 PM

"Yes"

Yes, of course. The many written, first person accounts and uncontested videos of her doing so are all fake news.There are videos of her sleeping election night? Kinda creepy.

Chip
July 18th, 2022, 11:37 PM
The same?

Seriously?

When did Hilary Clinton call up state officials and command them to come up with more votes, or provoke her followers to launch an attack on Congress?

Are you still able to recall what happened, as opposed to spouting FOX News rubbish?

724Seney
July 19th, 2022, 03:28 AM
The same?

Seriously?

When did Hilary Clinton call up state officials and command them to come up with more votes, or provoke her followers to launch an attack on Congress?

Are you still able to recall what happened, as opposed to spouting FOX News rubbish?

Another anemic attempt to divert a misdirected fool's errand. The only thing accurate about this thread is it's original title which speaks of "losers." With your arrival, the clown car has now fully checked in..........

Whereas the whole mess have been a cluster-f**k since it first occurred in 2016, the issue your pals chose to bring up in this thread is not complicated at all. Hillary repeatedly claimed that the election was stolen from her. It is well documented; those video accounts have never been contested by either Hillary or the DNC as "fake news."

TSherbs
July 19th, 2022, 06:54 AM
We know she said it, Seney. She still says some sour bullshit. If your point is that Trump wasn't the only one to cry foul, well of course not.

But if your point is that the two cases are similar, well ...No. False equivalency.

We have plenty of continuing politicians and so-called "leaders" whining about losing, but nothing rises to the level (or sinks to the sludge) of Trump and his allies. I mean that one woman who only got 3% of the vote demanded a recount!

BTW, I am no HRC fan. I am not going to be baited into defending her, specifically.

Chuck Naill
July 19th, 2022, 07:00 AM
Ted is correct. Not the same, Seny. I call this a prime example of "what-about-this". It sounds like a reasonable retort but does not address the topic.

She spells Hillary with two L's, Chip.

724Seney
July 19th, 2022, 07:13 AM
We know she said it, Seney. She still says some sour bullshit. If your point is that Trump wasn't the only one to cry foul, well of course not.

But if your point is that the two cases are similar, well ...No. False equivalency.

We have plenty of continuing politicians and so-called "leaders" whining about losing, but nothing rises to the level (or sinks to the sludge) of Trump and his allies. I mean that one woman who only got 3% of the vote demanded a recount!

BTW, I am no HRC fan. I am not going to be baited into defending her, specifically.

Finally. Thank you.
Please read every word I wrote. I never equated the two. Hillary is in a class all her own.

My one and only point was, and remains, that the whining and complaining that you attributed to the Republicans is not just a Republican thing. In fact, many look upon Hillary as the first modern day politician to start the practice of whining and complaining that she was cheated and the election was stolen. Maybe she was and maybe she wasn't...but she sure made a lot of noise.

So now, let's all just sit tight and wait for November. The Democrats are going to get beaten very badly. I predict they will set a new standard for this disgusting practice.
I'll look forward to seeing if you reactivate this thread about "losers claiming fraud" when the shoe is on the other foot, so to speak.

Chuck Naill
July 19th, 2022, 07:26 AM
Never won.Trump won the election in 2016. Not sure what you mean. The popular national vote?

Yes, popular vote, sorry for being unclear.

Chuck Naill
July 19th, 2022, 07:34 AM
Doesn't matter who whines about voter fraud to me. I voted for Clinton and Biden instead of not voting, voting for a non-viable candidate, or writing someone's name on the ballot. I consider myself an independent, so not affiliated. What happens in November will have consequences for the direction of the country. Hopefully, Americans will put their loyalties behind doing what is best for the nation rather than party affiliations.

Given the January 6th hearings, if you are paying attention, anyone who ever supported Donald Trump must be having second thoughts right now. The last thing we need or want is a king. And he should be banned for life from holding public office.

724Seney
July 19th, 2022, 08:01 AM
Doesn't matter who whines about voter fraud to me. I voted for Clinton and Biden instead of not voting, voting for a non-viable candidate, or writing someone's name on the ballot. I consider myself an independent, so not affiliated. What happens in November will have consequences for the direction of the country. Hopefully, Americans will put their loyalties behind doing what is best for the nation rather than party affiliations.

Given the January 6th hearings, if you are paying attention, anyone who ever supported Donald Trump must be having second thoughts right now. The last thing we need or want is a king. And he should be banned for life from holding public office.

To be clear, I very much hope Trump does not run.

That said, I think these hearings you seem to believe are so wonderful are nothing but a joke. Pure partisan, fully scripted theatre. But that's fine, let them fritter away their time (and the taxpayer's money) while the Country is tanking. Come November they'll all be gone and we can begin the very difficult work of getting our Country back on track.

TSherbs
July 19th, 2022, 08:24 AM
... Come November they'll all be gone and we can begin the very difficult work of getting our Country back on track.

Whoever wins in November has a tough challenge: make an economic difference and stop fucking with modern cultural change.

Or get voted out again.

724Seney
July 19th, 2022, 08:34 AM
... Come November they'll all be gone and we can begin the very difficult work of getting our Country back on track.

Whoever wins in November has a tough challenge: make an economic difference and stop fucking with modern cultural change.

Or get voted out again.

Works for me.
IMO "stop fucking with modern cultural change" would be a breath of fresh air.
Right now "modern cultural change" is being jammed down our throats.

Chuck Naill
July 19th, 2022, 08:54 AM

To be clear, I very much hope Trump does not run.

That said, I think these hearings you seem to believe are so wonderful are nothing but a joke. Pure partisan, fully scripted theatre. But that's fine, let them fritter away their time (and the taxpayer's money) while the Country is tanking. Come November they'll all be gone and we can begin the very difficult work of getting our Country back on track.

The hearings are an opportunity to discover the perspective and experiences from those involved on the record and under oath. It is a fine use of my tax dollars. Back on track is code for some for a yearning for the 1920's. As my grandfather used to say, the good old days weren't that good. Anyone knowing American history, the true history would understand that we have it better now than before. I am pretty certain I would not want to be on that track, nor would the majority of Americans.

724Seney
July 19th, 2022, 08:57 AM
The hearings are an opportunity to discover the perspective and experiences from those involved on the record and under oath. It is a fine use of my tax dollars. Back on track is code for some for a yearning for the 1920's. As my grandfather used to say, the good old days weren't that good. Anyone knowing American history, the true history would understand that we have it better now than before. I am pretty certain I would not want to be on that track, nor would the majority of Americans.

Well, come November we'll find out........
See you then!!

TSherbs
July 19th, 2022, 10:15 AM

See you then!!

Don't read too much from mid-term results. You do know what usually, happens, right? It's like my home state. We are almost split 50-50, and we constantly swing back and forth between leadership by each party. We even pass and rescind citizen referendums on the same topic from time to time. Unhappiness drives the voting (mostly) and the campaigning, and each party takes its turn being the whipped dog.

Obama got destroyed in his second-term mid-terms, and Trump beat HRC for the presidency. Yet here we are, after just one term, with another Democratic House and president. What goes around, comes around.

TSherbs
July 19th, 2022, 10:18 AM
The key to me is to have a better primary season result, for both parties. God, I hate how the primaries tend to work. Gross business.

At least Maine has gone to ranked-choice voting. No more of this bullshit of <50% victories.

724Seney
July 19th, 2022, 10:25 AM

See you then!!

Don't read too much from mid-term results. You do know what usually, happens, right? It's like my home state. We are almost split 50-50, and we constantly swing back and forth between leadership by each party. We even pass and rescind citizen referendums on the same topic from time to time. Unhappiness drives the voting (mostly) and the campaigning, and each party takes its turn being the whipped dog.

Obama got destroyed in his second-term mid-terms, and Trump beat HRC for the presidency. Yet here we are, after just one term, with another Democratic House and president. What goes around, comes around.

I agree completely.
But, we HAVE to find someone who can lift us out of this toxic morass.
Neither Biden nor Trump can do it. Nor Harris nor Pence. And, for sure not, Hillary!!!
We need a total change. The past 14 years have been a total disaster.
IMO, it will take a well qualified and respected moderate. I'd love to see a ticket with a moderate Republican and Democrat on it. I really do not care which one has the top spot as long as they are both on the same page.

TSherbs
July 19th, 2022, 10:46 AM
A mixed ticket? What you been smoking?

GOP moderates have retired in droves. The Dems elected one (Biden), but he is half in a grave. Not sure what's left. Wreckage and extremism and an unwillingness to compromise. The turn of the SC has now made Dems even angrier, more determined to fight to the end. Mitch McConnell wrecked that for good. Gloves are now off, and staying off. Thomas made it on the court, at least. Garland was simply denied his spot by one man (and the support of his party). Even Kavanaugh made it on. But not Garland, didn't even get a hearing. Boom. Done. Trump gets three picks in 4 years, court lurches rightward, Dems are now all in on dirty ball.

I dare Trump to run. The ads will broadcast the dirtiest shit ever, relentlessly, even more than in 2019. He'll lose more suburban women over Roe (worry over their daughters)...etc, etc.

I don't know what will fix it.

Chuck Naill
July 19th, 2022, 10:48 AM
I would like for someone who thinks we need to get back on track to give their perspective of what era they felt we were on the right path. What is the right track? I’m not holding my breath for one. So, take your time.

Bold2013
July 19th, 2022, 10:51 AM
A true moderate will win the next presidential election.

TS to be fair many people don’t see Biden as moderate (unless you compare him to the likes of AOC).

TSherbs
July 19th, 2022, 10:53 AM
I would like for someone who thinks we need to get back on track to give their perspective of what era they felt we were on the right path. What is the right track? I’m not holding my breath for one. So, take your time.The Webb telescope is showing us a beautiful time 13.5 billion years ago. I'm mesmerized. There's no Earth at that point, of course. No humans. Misanthropic golden age!

TSherbs
July 19th, 2022, 10:56 AM
A true moderate will win the next presidential election.

TS to be fair many people don’t see Biden as moderate (unless you compare him to the likes of AOC).Do you remember the Democratic primary field? AOC wasn't in the race.

Chuck Naill
July 19th, 2022, 11:07 AM
The idea of making America great again is to suggest it was at some point. America is great because over time, more people besides white males have a chance.

For me, if two men or women want to get married, good for them. It doesn’t mean I have to understand or give my seal of approval. It’s their lives.

If a trans person wants to be called by a particular word, it’s okay with me.

If we treat each other as we would prefer to be treated, how can that be wrong.

As I see it, there is an increasingly minority who thinks they know more and better about how others should live their lives.

One huge problem is social media and the proliferation of the broadcasting of inaccurate and inappropriate information.

20 percent of the population should not rule 80 percent.

Just love others as you love yourself.

dneal
July 19th, 2022, 12:49 PM
I would like for someone who thinks we need to get back on track to give their perspective of what era they felt we were on the right path. What is the right track? I’m not holding my breath for one. So, take your time.

Calvin Coolidge

Lloyd
July 19th, 2022, 02:00 PM
Should I play the opening music of "All in the Family"?

Typos courtesy of Samsung Auto-Incorrect™

dneal
July 19th, 2022, 02:23 PM
That was Hoover. Coolidge didn’t even support his nomination.

Lloyd
July 19th, 2022, 02:42 PM
That was Hoover. Coolidge didn’t even support his nomination.
I know it was HH. I know the lyrics. It's titled "Those we the days".

dneal
July 19th, 2022, 03:03 PM
So you're a fan of Hoover? How much am I supposed to infer from zero context?

I guess I'll just answer the question posed:

No.

Happy now?

Lloyd
July 19th, 2022, 04:00 PM

No.

Happy now?
How can I be happy when America is no longer great?

dneal
July 19th, 2022, 05:23 PM

No.

Happy now?
How can I be happy when America is no longer great?

Ask your spiritual advisor.

Lloyd
July 19th, 2022, 06:43 PM
I fired him; he wasn't acting in a fiduciary manner. He was out to take as much of my spirit (and capital) as he could... like all spiritual advisors.

Chuck Naill
July 20th, 2022, 07:39 AM

Calvin Coolidge

You think the US was on the right path in the 1920's?

dneal
July 20th, 2022, 07:48 AM

Calvin Coolidge

You think it's as simplistic as that?

Chuck Naill
July 20th, 2022, 07:54 AM
When do you think the US was on the correct path?

People say we need to get back on track. What does “back” mean in your opinion?

dneal
July 20th, 2022, 08:05 AM
See: Calvin Coolidge.

Chuck Naill
July 21st, 2022, 06:02 AM
Everyone be sure to watch the hearings today. They are having a beneficial effect as America's Mayor is now going to testify in GA.

dneal
July 21st, 2022, 07:13 AM
Everyone be sure to watch the hearings today. They are having a beneficial effect as America's Mayor is now going to testify in GA.

Chuck Naill
July 21st, 2022, 01:31 PM
The hearings target market is not Trumpians and non voters @dneal. It’s for independents who are not brainwashed and would like to know what occurred on January 6. You can resume your nap now.

TSherbs
July 21st, 2022, 04:43 PM
The hearings target market is not Trumpians and non voters @dneal. It’s for independents who are not brainwashed and would like to know what occurred on January 6. You can resume your nap now.

The hearings are for the official record of an attack upon the democratic process of electing the president and vice president of the greatest country on the planet (IMO). I don't give a fuck if it changes any votes. All of this testimony (and more) is on the official record, and, may actually last longer in the record than the text messages of the Secret Service on January 5 and 6.

TSherbs
July 21st, 2022, 04:55 PM

No. History has made that clear.

But anti-immigrationists and the KKK and the eugenics/white nationalists were in their heyday, so it may depend on who you ask.

Women did finally receive the vote (after having been denied it for 140 years). That's on the upside (although the delay is shameful). And it was a time between two World Wars (big upside).

Chuck Naill
July 21st, 2022, 05:14 PM
Hey Trumpians!!

Chuck Naill
July 21st, 2022, 05:16 PM

No. History has made that clear.

But anti-immigrationists and the KKK and the eugenics/white nationalists were in their heyday, so it may depend on who you ask.

Women did finally receive the vote (after having been denied it for 140 years). That's on the upside (although the delay is shameful). And it was a time between two World Wars (big upside).

You are preaching to the choir again, Ted. First you explained vasectomies and now the 1920's history.

724Seney
July 21st, 2022, 05:17 PM

Look, I completely agree an attack on our democracy needs to be investigated and the offenders need to face the consequences....... but as determined by our justice system.
In keeping with Chuck's analysis, you'd have to be braindead to not recognize these hearings are a far cry from the way our system of justice operates.

Our Country hasn't witnessed this kind of partisan lunacy since the days of the Salem Witch trials.
Witnesses cannot be questioned?
Rebuttal witnesses are not welcomed?

Seriously?? This is not our justice system at work, it is 100% theatre. And, pretty bad theatre at that...........

Chuck Naill
July 21st, 2022, 05:18 PM

The hearings are for the official record of an attack upon the democratic process of electing the president and vice president of the greatest country on the planet (IMO). I don't give a fuck if it changes any votes. All of this testimony (and more) is on the official record, and, may actually last longer in the record than the text messages of the Secret Service on January 5 and 6.

Please stop "splaining" Ted. I know what the hearings are for. The members hope to communicate to the American people what occurred. I'll start

TSherbs
July 21st, 2022, 05:47 PM

Look, I completely agree an attack on our democracy needs to be investigated and the offenders need to face the consequences....... but as determined by our justice system.
In keeping with Chuck's analysis, you'd have to be braindead to not recognize these hearings are a far cry from the way our system of justice operates.

Our Country hasn't witnessed this kind of partisan lunacy since the days of the Salem Witch trials.

Seriously?? This is not our justice system at work, it is 100% theatre. And, pretty bad theatre at that...........Congressional hearings are not actions of the courts or the Justice Department. They are investigatory for the lawmaking branch. You are asking them to be what they are not designed to be. The party in power in the House always calls the shots in these hearings. That is the structure of committee-making. If there are further actions by the Justice department resulting in legal procedures in courtrooms, then everything you ask for will occur.

TSherbs
July 21st, 2022, 05:52 PM

Please stop "splaining" Ted. I know what the hearings are for.

??

I didn't say you didn't.

724Seney
July 21st, 2022, 06:26 PM

Seriously?? This is not our justice system at work, it is 100% theatre. And, pretty bad theatre at that...........Congressional hearings are not actions of the courts or the Justice Department. They are investigatory for the lawmaking branch. You are asking them to be what they are not designed to be. The party in power in the House always calls the shots in these hearings. That is the structure of committee-making. If there are further actions by the Justice department resulting in legal procedures in courtrooms, then everything you ask for will occur.

So glad to know you agree. Partisan politics scripted as theater.
:lazy2:

TSherbs
July 21st, 2022, 06:56 PM
That's not all it is. You are being too dismissive. The Watergate hearings we're not all partisan politics. Nor have the impeachment hearings been. But partly, sure. That's the way it is. It doesn't make them illegitimate or empty.

724Seney
July 21st, 2022, 07:04 PM
That's not all it is. You are being too dismissive. The Watergate hearings we're not all partisan politics. Nor have the impeachment hearings been. But partly, sure. That's the way it is. It doesn't make them illegitimate or empty.

Actually, I agree with you.
But, given all the theatrics, it is very hard NOT to be dismissive.

I, for one, would far prefer to have this conducted in an impartial court of law where all the facts could be fleshed out and there is a presumption of innocence.
Then, let the chips fall as they may.............

I don't see what is to be gained by the current approach. Other than more spite, hate and division.

Lloyd
July 21st, 2022, 08:12 PM
I think having it televised is important so the public can see and hear the testimonials.

TSherbs
July 21st, 2022, 08:43 PM
I don't see what is to be gained by the current approach. Other than more spite, hate and division.

Many positive things have already been gained. Mostly, the curative power of seeing and hearing actual testimony and recordings of criminal (and noncriminal) events.

And exposing the lie of "the steal". That motherfucking lie needs full exposure, regardless of the consequences from the losers.

TSherbs
July 21st, 2022, 09:13 PM
Trump had become a petty, lying, manipulative and derelict and dangerous president. And none of that is about being Republican. That is not a political statement. That is a character statement and assessment of his behaviors from November 2020 up until today.

And his behavior may have been criminal. That is yet to be seen.

Chip
July 21st, 2022, 10:04 PM
I, for one, would far prefer to have this conducted in an impartial court of law where all the facts could be fleshed out and there is a presumption of innocence.

So you think Trump should be indicted and subject to a criminal trial?

Chuck Naill
July 22nd, 2022, 06:27 AM
Did anyone watch the OJ trial hearings? There are theatrics during any trial. Even the petty trial where I had to sit as a juror was a show. I was glad for the experience, but the trial and subsequent time wrangling with the other jurors was hilarious and aggravating at the same time.

Yes, more Democrats than Republicans are on the committee by their own choice not to participate. However, the taped depositions and live testimony provides Americans with an inside the WH view of what occurred. This would have occurred regardless of what political parties were on the committee.

Last night's focus was on Trump. It is important to have a record of what he did and didn't do so no one makes the mistake again for supporting him. Even if you agree with him, find another candidate.

It appears to me that if you are a Trumpian, these trials expose your poor judgement to have ever supported Trump. I can appreciate how this might be difficult to take. Perhaps you were uninformed or believed something that is not true about the man. In 2015, I was on another forum discussing Trump. This experience resulted in my coming to terms with Trump throughout his business career. Later I read John Woodard, John Bolton, and Mary Trump's books. There is no way to be surprised by January 6, 2020 had you known what was written in those books. You simply would have had to either discount the books or choose to ignore the warnings of what kind of person Trump had always been.

And, I think I watched the Apprentice one time. Trump seemed to enjoy firing others. Who enjoys firing another person and taking away their ability to support themselves? When he started debating the other candidates, I realized his TV persona was not put on.

724Seney
July 22nd, 2022, 08:23 AM

So you think Trump should be indicted and subject to a criminal trial?

I think this is a fair question.
Unfortunately, I do not know all of the intricacies of current US law as relates to a former President.

Given that those laws might take precedence over what I am about to offer as my answer, I am happy to offer my opinion:

1) I do not think anybody is above the law. Not Trump, not Biden, not Clinton WJ, not Clinton HR, not Pelosi.....the list goes on and on.
2) If Trump legally can be indicted, I'd be in favor of it provided that the person or body delivering the indictment is impartial and is provided the opportunity to examine all of the evidence and not just that evidence proffered by a partisan, politically motivated group. I'm afraid that is impossible if the decision falls to either Merrick Garland or the January 6th Committee.
3) Let's not end this pursuit of truth and bringing criminals to justice with Trump. Let's work our way down the list I have provided and include all those who saw (and continue to see) fit to destroy property and injure / intimidate innocent bystanders in the name of their First Amendment right to "peaceful" protest.
3) If provided a fair and impartial trial which is initiated with a presumption of innocence and said trial ends with a guilty verdict he (like anybody else) should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Sadly, this is not going to happen....none of it.......so the fact is your question and my reply are both moot.

I hope this clarifies my position.

Chuck Naill
July 22nd, 2022, 08:47 AM
I take it you’re not viewing the evidence being provided from Republicans who worked for the Trump administration? They are under oath and obviously taking their disposition seriously. If anyone is objective and listens or views the testimonies, it should be also obvious to a jury. Also, no one anywhere is suggesting Trump had a good motive or that he has an excuse for what he did. No one.

What Clinton et al is a separate investigation. Trump is no being singled out. This is about what occurred on a specific date in time.

Let’s not muddy the waters with “what about this”.

724Seney
July 22nd, 2022, 09:19 AM
I take it you’re not viewing the evidence being provided from Republicans who worked for the Trump administration? They are under oath and obviously taking their disposition seriously. If anyone is objective and listens or views the testimonies, it should be also obvious to a jury. Also, no one anywhere is suggesting Trump had a good motive or that he has an excuse for what he did. No one.

What Clinton et al is a separate investigation. Trump is no being singled out. This is about what occurred on a specific date in time.

Chuck: Please stop telling me who I am, what I believe and what I am or am not doing.
I have tried to not let the umbrage I take from your posts show though in my replies but I'm about at the end of my rope with you.
Persist and I will resume, in equal measure, with the type of posts which sent you whimpering into the corner crying "no fair" a month or so ago.

TSherbs
July 22nd, 2022, 10:15 AM
Trump had become a petty, lying, manipulative and derelict and dangerous president. And none of that is about being Republican. That is not a political statement. That is a character statement and assessment of his behaviors from November 2020 up until today.

Sent from my moto g power using TapatalkAnd for the record, when members call Biden old, dottering, fumbling, or fuzzy, I don't disagree. He is those things. Those aren't political statements either.

Chuck Naill
July 22nd, 2022, 10:41 AM

Sent from my moto g power using TapatalkAnd for the record, when members call Biden old, dottering, fumbling, or fuzzy, I don't disagree. He is those things. Those aren't political statements either.

An oped writer was recalling thinking Romney was boring. Reagan, Clinton, and Obama are the only one I remember being interesting. Biden may be what you think, but I’d take him anytime rather than another four years of the former.

TSherbs
July 22nd, 2022, 10:46 AM

An oped writer was recalling thinking Romney was boring. Reagan, Clinton, and Obama are the only one I remember being interesting. Biden may be what you think, but I’d take him anytime rather than another four years of the former.Of course, me too. My point was that some issues should cross party lines. With noble leadership, anyway.

Chuck Naill
July 22nd, 2022, 11:10 AM

Chuck: Please stop telling me who I am, what I believe and what I am or am not doing.
I have tried to not let the umbrage I take from your posts show though in my replies but I'm about at the end of my rope with you.
Persist and I will resume, in equal measure, with the type of posts which sent you whimpering into the corner crying "no fair" a month or so ago.

Let me set you straight on our history, you started making threats, similar to what you’re doing now. This caused me to put you on my ignore list. I was not crying or running to any corner.

This is a public forum. I give my opinions and you give yours. I make observations, just like you. The difference is, I don’t get myself so worked up I threatened others. I’ll place your back on my ignore list as I don’t want you taking out a contract on my life or hurting others in the process. You’ll not here from me again.

Chuck Naill
July 22nd, 2022, 11:13 AM

An oped writer was recalling thinking Romney was boring. Reagan, Clinton, and Obama are the only one I remember being interesting. Biden may be what you think, but I’d take him anytime rather than another four years of the former.Of course, me too. My point was that some issues should cross party lines. With noble leadership, anyway.

If we survive, both of us will be Biden’s age at some point. Just because we might be older would not make us, necessarily, less productive mentally.

Sure you and I can agree about Biden, but he served to allow Americans vote the former out of office and in my opinion, save the nation that we both appreciate and value.

724Seney
July 22nd, 2022, 01:04 PM

Let me set you straight on our history, you started making threats, similar to what you’re doing now. This caused me to put you on my ignore list. I was not crying or running to any corner.

This is a public forum. I give my opinions and you give yours. I make observations, just like you. The difference is, I don’t get myself so worked up I threatened others. I’ll place your back on my ignore list as I don’t want you taking out a contract on my life or hurting others in the process. You’ll not here from me again.

Wait! What???
A contract on your life??? Hurting people???
Seriously??
Where did you come up with that??

For the record, I made no threats. I made a promise. And the promise was to resume posts which expose you for being what you are.
So, your plan to put me on your ignore list is a good one. Even better, you've promised I'll never hear from you again. Doing those things will accomplish what we both seem to want to get out of this...........

But suggesting on a public forum that I would put out a contract on your life or inflict physical harm on you or anyone else? I think that might just meet the legal criteria for defamation of character. You might want to consider deleting it........

Chuck Naill
July 22nd, 2022, 03:14 PM

I think the committee investigating the January 6 insurrection shows nobel leadership given that all of her may suffer harm in one way or another.

TSherbs
July 23rd, 2022, 10:53 AM
It's all true!

https://apnews.com/article/2022-midterm-elections-crime-colorado-donald-trump-presidential-4c012a43ae5d91e64c3b36142300cdb7

Oh, wait...

;)

Chip
July 24th, 2022, 11:05 PM
I think the committee investigating the January 6 insurrection shows nobel leadership given that all of her may suffer harm in one way or another.

Don't get your point. Could you please translate this to English?

Lloyd
July 25th, 2022, 12:11 AM
]

My guess of a translation

I think the committee investigating the January 6 insurrection shows noble leadership given that all of the members may suffer harm in one way or another.

TSherbs
July 25th, 2022, 05:38 AM
It looks like Cheney is gonna lose the primary, so that is one form of harm

724Seney
July 25th, 2022, 07:58 AM

Well, if that is harm, brace yourself because come November there is going to be a whole lot of pain for those who share your opinion.

I'm sure you also are aware that many believe Cheney is doing this "self-sacrifice" as a tactic to boost her chances to become a candidate for President in 2024.

We are in for some interesting times..........

Chuck Naill
July 25th, 2022, 08:23 AM

I read somewhere she feels this her work on the January 6 Committee to be her most important work.

TSherbs
July 26th, 2022, 05:30 AM

Well, if that is harm, brace yourself because come November there is going to be a whole lot of pain for those who share your opinion.

I'm sure you also are aware that many believe Cheney is doing this "self-sacrifice" as a tactic to boost her chances to become a candidate for President in 2024.

We are in for some interesting times..........

I'm not a great fan of Cheney outside of her excoriation of Trump. She is too conservative for me. I won't be sad to see her go, particularly. As the GOP gobbles itself up, what will be interesting is who is running the party in about 2030...

Chuck Naill
July 26th, 2022, 05:50 AM
I like Cheney. If she were to make a run for President, I would vote for her. If fact right now the best team for me would be her and Kitzinger. The only problem is they are both white. It would not surprise me if we don't see a third party emerging. One that is viable.

Cheney is also an attorney and mother of five. That's quite an accomplishment.

724Seney
July 26th, 2022, 08:03 AM
If fact right now the best team for me would be her and Kitzinger.

Given that right now a ticket of Bugs Bunny & Elmer Fudd would beat Biden & Harris, the Republicans will need to be very opportunistic about their nominees.

But, that said, if they do something really stupid (which they have done time & time again in the past few years) they could blow their golden opportunity. Letting Trump run again would be stupid. So would a Cheney & Kitzinger ticket.

They can do much better than Cheney & Kitzinger. Long before any of the January 6th Committee and his related grandstanding, Kitzinger was a lame duck. He "chose" not to run for another term because he realized he did not have the support to be reelected.
As for Cheney, don't kid yourself, being at the top of the ticket in 2024 is what is driving her at this point in time. But, whether you agree or disagree with the January 6th hearings and her role, you must admit she has lost a lot of support in the Republican party. IMO, enough so that they will block any run she makes for the nomination.

If a race between Biden/Harris & Cheney/Kitzinger didn't produce a viable 3rd party ticket, nothing will...... One can only hope & pray.

dneal
July 26th, 2022, 10:10 AM
There is zero chance Cheney and/or Kinzinger get anywhere close to a presidential nomination.

TSherbs
July 26th, 2022, 10:19 AM
The only possible third party movement right now would be from the GOP, which would mean handing a victory to the Dems.

724Seney
July 26th, 2022, 10:24 AM
The only possible third party movement right now would be from the GOP, which would mean handing a victory to the Dems.

Yep. And that's why we would never see a Cheney/Kitzinger ticket. That would be DOA.

TSherbs
July 26th, 2022, 01:42 PM
The more pertinent question is about Pence or Desantis or Trump. I could see Trump tearing apart the GOP if he runs and loses the primary. He is that vindictive.

Chuck Naill
July 26th, 2022, 02:08 PM
We know Pench has no backbone. DeSantis is Trump without the baggage.

If we want the majority to rule, the democrats need to nominate a person who would appeal, or an independent needs to emerge

Chuck Naill
July 26th, 2022, 02:11 PM
Pence

724Seney
July 26th, 2022, 05:20 PM
No, it is not from Fox.......this is a CNN poll!!
https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/26/politics/cnn-poll-biden-2024/index.html

TSherbs
July 26th, 2022, 07:59 PM
https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/26/politics/cnn-poll-biden-2024/index.htmlThis is no surprise. I don't know a single democrat who wants Biden again.

But like before, we'll take him over Trump. It's that simple if Trump is the nominee again.

724Seney
July 27th, 2022, 03:32 AM
https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/26/politics/cnn-poll-biden-2024/index.htmlThis is no surprise. I don't know a single democrat who wants Biden again.

But like before, we'll take him over Trump. It's that simple if Trump is the nominee again.

I did not want either of them in 2020.
Come on, this is the USA, and we are forced to make a choice on who would be the lesser of the worst??????
I cannot stomach having to go through that again.

TSherbs
July 27th, 2022, 05:53 AM
I cannot stomach having to go through that again.

We may have to. Parties want to win more than they care about the character of their leaders.

Chuck Naill
July 27th, 2022, 06:45 AM
I think January 6 and the subsequent information about Trump's actions surprised his supporters. Today Biden said a recession is not on the horizon. So, I am comparing both actions from the President. What is the level of damage that an authoritarian ruler has vs a person who is at odds with what most bankers and economists are saying is looming? Neither is preferred. Biden needs to encourage while being connected to the real threat of what is likely to occur, but we don't need a person whose biggest concern is himself.

When I see the poverty that stems from centuries of lack, and the power and wealth that comes from centuries of being allowed to succeed, I see a ticking time bomb. When I read what some black people say is their lives, I often ask why they fail to show for court dates, don't license their vehicles, or pay speeding tickets. What am I missing? I think I do not fully appreciate what it means to have no safety net. To have no family wealth, and to not have had the advantage of a quality education. Even Jesus recognized that the poor will always exist, but he was not ignorant of their vulnerably. What this means to me is I have to support a candidate who is not only focused on businesses and the wealthy. She may be a welfare mom, but she is important. Let's never forget that as we look for another Reagan.

TSherbs
July 27th, 2022, 07:08 AM
... Let's never forget that as we look for another Reagan.

I hope that you don't mean that you believe in trickle-down economic theory or consulting astrologers for policy advice.

Chuck Naill
July 27th, 2022, 08:06 AM

I hope that you don't mean that you believe in trickle-down economic theory or consulting astrologers for policy advice.

I agree, but Republicans think his excrement didn’t smell.

724Seney
July 27th, 2022, 08:40 AM

I agree, but Republicans think his excrement didn’t smell.

And who are you to say they are right or wrong? What if they say Biden's excrement does not smell? Are they right or wrong?

The fact is, your bleeding hearts aside, no group is better as a result of Biden's Presidency.
In fact if you compare any group you wish, regardless of advantaged or disadvantaged status, they are worse off now than they were during Trump's time in Office. Except for maybe the professional freeloaders who are having an easier time living off of the backs of all the decent, hard working Americans from all races, religions, gender preference, etc., etc.

Biden & his progressive, hypocritical cronies have put this Country so deep into a sh*t hole there may be no getting out for a long, long time.

Now, I know you are all going to be "Little Joes." You will disagree and blame everybody but Biden for the current mess we are in........ but the fact is the majority of American don't buy it. You like the concept of "majority rules." Well, my man, just you wait for November.

So, to your point, go ask all these people you pine for if they are happier, more secure or less worried now. Their response will likely be to tell you YOUR excrement smells!!

TSherbs
July 27th, 2022, 09:19 AM
I thought you said that you were trying to hold back?

No one has been touting Biden here. All I said was that Trump is so bad that I'll pick Biden over him.

I pointed out the false promise of trickle down economics. And the astrology stuff, which was bonkers. Reagan was no genius. That's not a statement in favor of what is going on today (it's not a comment on today at all...except that Chuck suggested that people have wanted another Reagan figure)

724Seney
July 27th, 2022, 09:43 AM

No one has been touting Biden here. All I said was that Trump is so bad that I'll pick Biden over him.

I pointed out the false promise of trickle down economics. And the astrology stuff, which was bonkers. Reagan was no genius. That's not a statement in favor of what is going on today (it's not a comment on today at all...except that Chuck suggested that people have wanted another Reagan figure)

I agree (for the most part), I was not reacting to your comment(s). Sorry if that was not clear.

What I do not agree with is who you would pick given a Trump vs Biden choice. That's no surprise to either of us but I want to reiterate what I have said repeatedly...... I am not a Trump person and I very much hope he will not run.

But, if it is Trump vs. Biden (perish the thought) I would vote for Trump. Yes, I think Biden is that bad and that dangerous.

Chuck Naill
July 27th, 2022, 09:49 AM

I thought Ann Cox Richardson was touting Biden’s accomplishments or plans yesterday. Since you said you read, I’m assuming you noticed. While he’s getting much criticism, he’s also getting little credit.

Trumpians will often say the same, that he didn’t get due credit although he gave himself credit for much that he had little or no ability to sway like the stock market. The tax deal was a nothing burger. His dismantling of the ACA didn’t help anyone .

TSherbs
July 27th, 2022, 10:19 AM

I agree (for the most part), I was not reacting to your comment(s). Sorry if that was not clear.

What I do not agree with is who you would pick given a Trump vs Biden choice. That's no surprise to either of us but I want to reiterate what I have said repeatedly...... I am not a Trump person and I very much hope he will not run.

But, if it is Trump vs. Biden (perish the thought) I would vote for Trump. Yes, I think Biden is that bad and that dangerous.That's what I figured. I don't argue with people about their votes. I consider that a private choice of conscience. I assume that few people would change their votes.

Chuck Naill
July 27th, 2022, 10:27 AM
Not arguing nor does it matter, but the mental gymnastics required to support Trump is an interesting psychology.

724Seney
July 27th, 2022, 10:52 AM
Not arguing nor does it matter, but the mental gymnastics required to support Trump is an interesting psychology.

Likewise, the mental gymnastics required to support Biden is an interesting psychology.

Like you, I want a better life for those who have been denied one for so many generations.
You cannot get there overnight. It takes time.
In my opinion, (and I am not alone, except, perhaps here) they were closer to it during the Trump years than they are now. They have lost a lot of ground.
And, they know it.........they will be a large part of the "majority rule" in November.

It will be interesting to see how you manage that.......I suppose you will tell them they are wrong? You will maintain you know better than they do about what's good for them?

TSherbs
July 27th, 2022, 11:10 AM
All of us hope that the middle and lower classes could have their share of the pie improve.

At least I do.

I don't care who gets that to happen. Currently, for a few decades now, the opposite has been happening. Regardless of the administration. Clinton was the last one under whom sustained broad growth occurred. But even that was an anomaly over the last 50 years.

Chuck Naill
July 27th, 2022, 01:35 PM
David Brooks recently discussed how we can see 2022 with a 1980's perspective. For example, Reagan or Clinton may have been exactly the right choice for their era.

What we do not need is someone like Pence who is making a big deal about being "woke". That serves to inflame the same people who supported Trump. Better would be a candidate who actually took some time to appreciate cultural differences, histories, and experiences so that the former Trump supporters could find a way to understand that it does not necessarily threaten them. Or it is not a way the Eastern Elites are trying to take something away from Middle America. We need a bridge, and it does not need to be burned.

Perhaps Pence only wants former Trump supporters.

TSherbs
July 27th, 2022, 02:09 PM
We know Pench has no backbone.

He did stand up to Trump re January 6. That counts for something. But no, I would not vote for him. He is a religious zealot and is very conservative around trying to impress religious rules and expectations on others.

724Seney
July 27th, 2022, 02:47 PM

He did stand up to Trump re January 6. That counts for something. But no, I would not vote for him. He is a religious zealot and is very conservative around trying to impress religious rules and expectations on others.

Build Back. Better (Than Biden)

But is not a very good choice.

dneal
July 27th, 2022, 02:58 PM

You might enjoy Noah Rothman's "The Rise of the New Puritans" then. Similar theme.

Chuck Naill
July 27th, 2022, 04:07 PM
Did you read it, @dneal?

Chip
July 27th, 2022, 04:35 PM
Read? Is there a version on YouTube?

Chuck Naill
July 28th, 2022, 05:31 AM
Read? Is there a version on YouTube?

I had read something about the book on the NYT's. The author is a conservative writer and suggests the left has a "war on fun". For a book that is supposed to be deeply researched, the overgeneralizations seem more as a cheap lick than anything to take seriously.

Since he didn't respond, maybe @dneal didn't read. If he didn't it is akin to saying he listens to PhD's.

And, I have to disagree with @tsherbs regarding Pence. He didn't disagree publicly with Trump until February of 2022. Now he's diminishing January 6. I remember Dennis Miller saying that calling Barak Obama a stuffed shirt was to do a disservice to a coat hanger. Mike Pence has never demonstrated he has a backbone and especially his lack of leadership with the pandemic. He is a stuffed shirt. I hope no one is fooled enough to vote for him.

TSherbs
July 14th, 2023, 04:56 PM
Kari Lake and lawyer have to pay 100k for costs for frivolous lawsuit:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/laurieroberts/2023/07/14/kari-lake-mark-finchem-attorneys-pay-filing-frivolous-lawsuit/70415207007/

Chuck Naill
July 24th, 2023, 04:47 PM
You act like it’s coming from them?

TSherbs
July 24th, 2023, 05:29 PM
You act like it’s coming from them?

No, I'm not "acting" like anything. I'm just summarizing the judge's ruling. You going to pick a fight over here, too? I posted that 1ten days ago.

Chuck Naill
July 24th, 2023, 05:53 PM
They are not spending their retirement funds, Ted.

We know Trump’s new paycheck is “playing the victim “. She ey all is the same.

John z Kasich is our best candidate

TSherbs
July 24th, 2023, 06:36 PM
They are not spending their retirement funds, Ted.

No shit, Sherlock.

Chuck Naill
July 24th, 2023, 06:41 PM
How crude!!

dneal
September 7th, 2023, 07:15 AM
Any update on the Arizona ballot signature verification?

Pendragon
September 8th, 2023, 12:44 AM

The WORST examples of civic leadership.

https://apnews.com/article/republican-primary-losers-claim-fraud-parroting-trump-7730988a009dfa0873e8133e19232562

Hillary Clinton implied the 2016 election was invalid, even if she did not explicitly make that claim. All the hysteria about the Russians throwing the election to Trump set a bad precedent.

dneal
September 8th, 2023, 08:07 AM
Oh, she explicitly made that claim unless a pedant wants to argue significant differences between “valid” and “legitimate”.

“Trump knows he is an illegitimate President…”

TSherbs
September 26th, 2023, 03:28 PM
Here, Trump is found guilty of fraud: https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-letitia-james-fraud-lawsuit-1569245a9284427117b8d3ba5da74249

dneal
September 26th, 2023, 04:17 PM
Here, Trump is found guilty of fraud: https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-letitia-james-fraud-lawsuit-1569245a9284427117b8d3ba5da74249

TSherbs does love his headlines. I think he missed the irony, given the thread title.

Riddle me this. Why did a DA who campaigned on “getting Trump” file a civil case for a “fraud” charge?

Anyway, the timing seems odd. I wonder if it has anything to do with this other headline from today:

dneal
September 26th, 2023, 04:19 PM
Back on topic though.

The queen of losers claiming future fraud, even after everyone knows she paid for it the first go-round.

Incorrigible, but typical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvZ3DeHDQT8

Chuck Naill
September 28th, 2023, 11:03 AM
Can we please get back on topic?

dneal
September 28th, 2023, 12:44 PM
Hillary is a loser still claiming fraud.

724Seney
September 28th, 2023, 01:12 PM

Ya think????
:amen:

dneal
September 28th, 2023, 01:32 PM

Ya think????
:amen:

Chuck has a hard time understanding things sometimes.