PDA

View Full Version : TWSBI Customer Service

TZidaroff
August 20th, 2013, 03:32 PM
I recently broke the o ring to the nib/feed of my TWSBI Diamond 580. After checking numerous sources and retailers on the internet (I won't mention names) I was told to use the Preppy o ring, or contact TWSBI direct. The Preppy o ring was not a viable option so I emailed TWSBI. Immediately, and I really mean immediately, received a response from Phillip Wang. He said they were $3 and he would send some, just provide my paypal account info. I informed him I did not have a paypal account but would use a credit card. He said that was ok and would send me some anyway tomorrow.

This is service. Quick, prompt, friendly. This is taking care of your customers. Not only do they make great pens, they provide great service. Phillip Wang made me a huge fan of TWSBI.

UK Mike
August 20th, 2013, 04:59 PM
TWSBI do have amazingly good customer service - sadly it is needed too often for some people. Some people, myself included, are becoming disenchanted by the rising incidence of component failures in the pens.
Fortunately this rarely inconveniences the owner for long because of the excellent service - but it is time the pens became more reliable in the first instance.

AtomicLeo
August 29th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Yes, customer service is great. Best company I've dealt with on returns, just wish their pens would not crack.

Pensivedoc
September 11th, 2013, 07:52 PM
The cap on my mini cracked where the clip inserts a few days back. Emailed Philip Wang and received a new cap in the mail yesterday. Best customer service experience I've ever had.

writingrav
September 11th, 2013, 08:23 PM
The cap on my mini cracked where the clip inserts a few days back. Emailed Philip Wang and received a new cap in the mail yesterday. Best customer service experience I've ever had.

And as some of you may remember last week I had a Twsbi 580 cap that I messed up by unscrewing the top. Emailed Phillip and had a new cap gratis in two days. Sailor, on the other hand wants me to send the entire pen to Japan to be evaluated for $20 minimum. No thank you.

caribbean_skye
September 13th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Another +1 for TWSBI. My issue was with a feed response from Mr. Wang was quick and received a new feed 2 days later. I cannot praise their customer service high enough.

stevekolt
September 13th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Hmm...different than my experience. I sent the following on 9/7 at 8:26 AM and have still not heard back from them. I sent it to the link on their website twisbiinc@gmail.com

Hi,
I have a number of your fountain pens and think they are an excellent value. However one of my Mini Diamond Clear has a pretty badly discolored cap. I have tried cleaning with water as well as Goulet Pen Flush, and nothing seems to work. It has only been inked with iroshizuku tsuki-yo ink. Please let me know if I can get a new cap to replace this one.

Thank you,

Steven

cwent2
September 13th, 2013, 08:23 PM
try sending it directly from your email program not using a link, unless that is what you did and I am reading it wrong.

stevekolt
September 13th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Sent directly from my email as far as I know...I typed in the address on my iMac.

cwent2
September 13th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Philip Wang
Philip Wang's profile photo
twsbiinc@gmail.com

same address I used and I received a response the next morning may have burped?

caribbean_skye
September 14th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Hmm...different than my experience. I sent the following on 9/7 at 8:26 AM and have still not heard back from them. I sent it to the link on their website twisbiinc@gmail.com

<snip>

It looks as though you mis-typed the email address. The email address should be TWSBIinc@... (you have an extra "i" between the w and s). Hope that helps!

stevekolt
September 14th, 2013, 06:48 PM
CS...Thank you! I went back and checked my sent box. It was correct , without the extra i when I sent it. I mistyped when I added it to my original post in this thread. In any case I just tried to re-send it..

caribbean_skye
September 15th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Well I hope it's just a mere over-sight on their part. Hopefully you get a response soon.

stevekolt
September 16th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Just heard from Philip, and he is taking care of this. Thanks to everyone, and a BIG thanks to Philip. Have to go order another TWSBI now :)

Deano
September 16th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Glad to hear you had a good outcome. I like my TWSBI's and glad to know they support them well.

stevekolt
September 19th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Cap arrived today. Thank you Philip! :)

bjai
December 14th, 2014, 04:37 PM
The cap on my twsbi mini just cracked. What to do... sigh.

discopig
December 14th, 2014, 06:50 PM
Good customer service doesn't excuse bad pens. At the price point they're selling these pens at, there should be no constant breaking issues.

Newjelan
December 15th, 2014, 01:03 AM
Good customer service doesn't excuse bad pens. At the price point they're selling these pens at, there should be no constant breaking issues.

Agree, and customer service seems to vary depending on where you live.

bjai
December 17th, 2014, 05:33 AM
Well they replied to say they will send through replacement, that's some comfort, hope it will arrive before I leave for my trip next Wed as I am counting on documenting my adventure with it. Fingers crossed.