PDA

View Full Version : Office Depot 80% Sugar Cane Notebooks (# 692394)

fiberdrunk
August 20th, 2013, 03:41 PM
I got excited when I saw that Office Depot is starting to carry bagasse papers, too. I found a few different types of sugarcane notebooks and notepads listed on the website (http://www.officedepot.com/catalog/search.do?Ntt=sugar+cane+notebooks); and while the website stated that these items were available in-store at my nearest Office Depot, in actuality, I only found one of the items in the store.

Fountain pen ink is crisp on this paper, without feathering. But the sheets are very thin and have far more show-through on the back side than the competition's (i.e. Staples Sustainable Earth), which was disappointing. (See the writing samples below.) The paper is fine for ballpoint pens, but fountain pen users might want to pass on this paper (even my extra-fine Platinum Carbon fountain pen with Platinum Black Carbon ink showed through).

I'm glad Office Depot is stepping up to the plate and making sugarcane paper available. I hope they will come up with something that is a little more fountain pen-friendly, however.

Weight: 16 lbs.
Item #: 692394
Notebook size: 9"x11"
Fiber: 80% sugarcane and 20% recycled content (10% postconsumer recycled content)
Acid-Free: Yes
Sheet #: 100 sheets
Line Color: Green
Ruling: College Ruled
Other details: Vinyl covers; contains a contact sheet and inner double-sided pocket page
Origin: Egypt
Where to buy: Office Depot (online (http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/692394/Office-Depot-Brand-FSC-Certified-Green/)and in-store)
Price: $4.79 in-store ($4.39 online)

Writing Sample:

Back Side:

Robert
August 20th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the review. The (excessive) bleed-thru nixes this paper for me.

Laura N
August 20th, 2013, 05:48 PM
This is a very helpful review, thank you. As excited as I am to learn the product exists, I'm disappointed it's not better.

fncll
August 27th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Thanks for sharing this...I suffer from versographophobia and cannot bring myself to use the back page of any piece of paper so this could work for me if I wanted a notebook style paper. Unless the bleeds were bad enough to get ink on the front page, which it doesn't *appear* they are.

fiberdrunk
September 7th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Thanks for sharing this...I suffer from versographophobia and cannot bring myself to use the back page of any piece of paper so this could work for me if I wanted a notebook style paper. Unless the bleeds were bad enough to get ink on the front page, which it doesn't *appear* they are.

If you don't like to write on the back of the sheet anyway, then this paper will serve you well in all other respects. The fountain pen ink will look crisp without feathering on the front.

xewepi714
June 16th, 2023, 11:54 PM
A stroller is a necessity for any parent on the go. Look for a lightweight and easy-to-fold stroller that can handle different types of terrain. A stroller with a large canopy will also provide shade and protection from the sun for your little one. https://toddlershelp.com/best-toddler-slide/