PDA

View Full Version : Easy access to your content

dannzeman
August 21st, 2013, 12:14 PM
I've added a menu item to the 'Forum' tab called 'My Content'. Under 'My Content' are two options: 'My Posts' and 'My Threads'. This should make it much easier to find your content.

Edit: The 'My Contect' drop-down menu has been added to both the 'Forum' and 'What's New?' tabs.

Nomdeplume
August 21st, 2013, 06:48 PM
Nice addition! Thank you!

earthdawn
August 21st, 2013, 10:29 PM
Very nice!

Thanks Dan.

Jon Szanto
August 21st, 2013, 11:03 PM
See?

See??

I was all "I gotta write something to thank Dan cuz this is so cool!", but I know that you get all riled up because THAT IS WHAT THE THANKS BUTTON IS FOR, FOLKS.

So other people beat me to it. Nothing new there.

Thanks, Dan, very cool addition. :)

Jon Szanto
August 21st, 2013, 11:50 PM
BTW: Don't know if it matters or not, but... I log in with a link to the "What's New" page, and FWIW, the "My Content" doesn't show up there. I only find it by going to the main Forum page. I suppose that makes sense, but I thought it might be worth mentioning.

dannzeman
August 22nd, 2013, 06:58 AM
BTW: Don't know if it matters or not, but... I log in with a link to the "What's New" page, and FWIW, the "My Content" doesn't show up there. I only find it by going to the main Forum page. I suppose that makes sense, but I thought it might be worth mentioning.
I had added it to only the "Forum" tab. It can now be found under both "Forum" and "What's New?".

jacksterp
August 22nd, 2013, 02:00 PM
Love it. Mean it.

OakIris
September 11th, 2013, 07:22 AM
This is a great idea, but it doesn't work for me. :( When I click on either of the choices under "My Content" I get an error message: "Please add more constraints to your search. Searches that return all or most of the database are a bad idea." Now really, I don't have that many posts that it would be trying to return the entire database as the search results for MY content! What am I doing wrong?

Holly

ETA: I tried this for the first time today; is it possible that the new software updates that were done yesterday caused this problem?

KrazyIvan
September 11th, 2013, 11:24 AM
This is a great idea, but it doesn't work for me. :( When I click on either of the choices under "My Content" I get an error message: "Please add more constraints to your search. Searches that return all or most of the database are a bad idea." Now really, I don't have that many posts that it would be trying to return the entire database as the search results for MY content! What am I doing wrong?

Holly

ETA: I tried this for the first time today; is it possible that the new software updates that were done yesterday caused this problem?

You have to be in your profile page first. Click your username at the top of the page then do the 'My Posts' part.

OakIris
September 11th, 2013, 11:47 AM
You have to be in your profile page first. Click your username at the top of the page then do the 'My Posts' part.

DOH! Works like a charm.... Thank you, KrazyIvan - that information as to where you need to be in order to access the feature should be added to Dan's original post; I of course was just trying to access it from the main page! lol

Holly

dannzeman
September 11th, 2013, 01:39 PM

Yes, the software update must have broken it. You're supposed to be able to click either of them from anywhere and it should work.

Thank you for letting me know. I'll look into it.

dannzeman
September 11th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Normal functionality should be resumed. Please let me know if you experience otherwise.

vikramguliya
June 2nd, 2014, 11:59 PM
Really your forum idea and adding tool to it awesome